PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

That is true. I want to see how they respond when they are challenged and play a team capable of putting up points with them and slightly less important run the football and keep it away from them. Philly has the talent but I don't see a "team" and they ran the ball 25 times in the first half. Then turnovers, bad defense and bad special teams derailed them.

Being able to destroy bad teams generally has far more bearing on how good the offense and perception of a team is. If two teams were facing off with the same record against the same competition my money would be on the one slugging out 20-10 Ws vs the one running away with 40-20 Ws.

It's poor competition. That said, Denver is doing what a good team is supposed to do. Good teams are supposed to beat the ass off of bad teams.

BTW, what do you call the Patriots ass whooping other teams? -

.... "running up the score" :rolleyes:

I'm not buying the hype until they do it when it matters. Championships are won with balance and I'm not sold whatsoever on their defense or ability to run the ball. They only do one thing really well. I guess 2 things if you include their returner, but that won't be enough come January. They're a great team to watch and will be tough to beat, but as the great Denny Green would say if you wanna crown them, crown their ***!

All that said, if the Broncos keep this up and end up champions this year, they have done something that very few teams do these days and deserve a ton of credit for it. Even if they don't go undefeated, the only teams in this millenium I've seen start out as favorites and stay that way all season long to win the super bowl were the 2009 Saints and 2004 Patriots. Even our 2004 team might not fall in this category because they were not #1 seeds. But I will say if that if Denver wins the SB it will be probably the most impressive team since us in 2004.

Being able to destroy bad teams generally has far more bearing on how good the offense and perception of a team is. If two teams were facing off with the same record against the same competition my money would be on the one slugging out 20-10 Ws vs the one running away with 40-20 Ws.

Yup...it is easy to become a front running team when you have a lot of talent. Look at the 96' Broncos sometimes you have to learn how to win, part of that learning process is learning you can be beat.

if we beat the saints then we have a chance against the Broncos. If we get embarrass by Brees then the outlook for us for won't look good against Peyton.

Its a good way to look at it, but maybe not the right way to figure out the outcome of the broncos game. Maybe I'm wrong.

Being only the 6th game, we think it's a great power rating , unlike all the useless fake ones, and where the team is right now, and what needs to be fixed.Giants have proved power ratings are a myth at the beginning of the season. Good coaches fix those things.

Saints haven't faced a HOF coach/QB, with a solid defense, proficient offense, and outdoor home field disadvantage. I say proficient because its never easy the 1st game, and not sure if Gronk with make the leap. I would like to see Gronk in for a couple plays vs bengals to get the motor started, nothing serious. Not that we have anyone to cover him.

We are going to learn what happens when the Saints are away from home on turf. The real weakness is that our defense usually breaks down like butter on a frying pan in away games outdoors. Lost us 2 postseason games, offense did fine. 49ers and Seahawks.
Patriots are a mentally tough team this year. Theres no way around it. They continue to win with rookies and undrafted free agents, by great coaching and focused QB leadership. They will fight tooth and nail, home or away we believe.
Not sure there is much we can learn offensively. NO’s offense has been a well oiled machine for years now. Theres a couple rookies like stills and toon, but their no worse than meachum. Glaring problem is the OL assignments.
Our defense has tons to learn from this game. Our secondary is very physical, and the DL, but we have real problems holding assignments during run plays.

Pats fans will learn if thier run game can win games, because we wont stop it,lol. If the defense can make some big plays against a pretty good QB, cover many capable targets at the same time, limit our dump run, screen... its alot to ask...if NO is firing on all 8 cylinders, and I think that comes from great defensive plays and coaching.
You have to have the right play and out think payton + Brees when the play starts.

One thing about Brees is he doesn't choke. He may throw 3 interceptions, but you can be sure, that they are erased from his mind and he will score on the next drive.

I personally think we are at a disadvantage with this game, but its the perfect time and place for both teams to learn something, and have it not matter much in the standings.
Though the media will make it way bigger than it is, hehe

hmm i talk to much, in the end BB will fix the problems before the Bronco's , I think.

Eventually Romo will beat a team he wasn't expected to beat,a banged up Denver D can be had and Romo has plenty of weapons on the ground and in the air.

Romo finally doesn't screw up and has a big day,Peyton will have his 300 yards but toss his first 2 picks Sunday.

This will be the game of the week and an upset......

Cowboys 33
Broncos 31

Eventually Romo will beat a team he wasn't expected to beat,a banged up Denver D can be had and Romo has plenty of weapons on the ground and in the air.

Romo finally doesn't screw up and has a big day,Peyton will have his 300 yards but toss his first 2 picks Sunday.

This will be the game of the week and an upset......

Cowboys 33
Broncos 31

Im liking this, share your optimism.

I predict 37-28 Cowboys.

I'd love to see the Broncos with the ball with 2 mins left, down a TD, then Manning throws a pick.

Im liking this, share your optimism.

Yep,the Broncos right now are being compared to the 2007 Pats,and if that's the case then if anyone remembers,the 2007 Pats team went to Dallas about this time in that season and really had their hands full with a Dallas team that had no Bryant to handle and no big rushing attack like they have with Murray who may be the second best back in the NFC behind Peterson.

I would bet my home that this game will be the game where Peyton has his first INT and maybe a few ...... His streak of interception less games will end very soon.

If Dallas is what I think they are and that's the best team in the NFC Least,then they will win this game.

Yep,the Broncos right now are being compared to the 2007 Pats,and if that's the case then if anyone remembers,the 2007 Pats team went to Dallas about this time in that season and really had their hands full with a Dallas team that had no Bryant to handle and no big rushing attack like they have with Murray who may be the second best back in the NFC behind Peterson.

I would bet my home that this game will be the game where Peyton has his first INT and maybe a few ...... His streak of interception less games will end very soon.

If Dallas is what I think they are and that's the best team in the NFC Least,then they will win this game.
I have a hard time believing that DeMarco Murray could be considered better than Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Matt Forté or LeSean McCoy. He's a had a great start to his season, but unlike the other guys, hasn't shown that form for longer than a few weeks.

Denver will blow out the Cowboys. Phillip Rivers made their D look stupid (yes, I know the old Rivers is back).

The thing that I hate more than Manning (if that's possible) is seeing #83 in a Bronco uniform. That still burns me up...:mad:

Don't worry bout that. Come the playoffs he'll drop the game winning pass and the Broncos will lose

I agree, this Dallas team is much better on offence than people think. Thier OL is better than its ever been. IF the defense shows up, could be a serious trap game. I think they are losing this one also, as wierd as it sounds.

Well, so much for the theory that they havent beat anyone.

Destroying the cowboys.....on the road......

This is the offense from hell.

Their defense might be the answer to the question of who stops them.

friendly reminder:
3GM1t0n.png

friendly reminder:
3GM1t0n.png

Yup. It will be really interesting when they face KC twice. One of those teams is going to be the wild card #5 seed which means going on the road and an extra game to the Super Bowl and it could easily be Denver despite the early astronomical numbers..We've seen other teams peak too early...

i don't really expect the chiefs or any given team to beat them in the regular season, even in december, but the fact that peyton has once again drawn BEST TEAM EVER, NO SUPER BOWL = BUST hype numbs my mind. especially after the '07 pats. especially considering the '07 pats had a defense that was vastly superior to this one.

Who would have thought their AFC West rivals Kansas City would be 6-0 too?

Defensive passer rating.

Who the Broncos have played

19. BAL 92.6
20. PHI 93.4
24. NYG 97.6
26. OAK 98.6
28. JAX 101.6
29. WAS 105.0

Who the Broncos have coming up.

1. KC 59.8 (twice)
3. Ind 68.4
5. NE 72.3

I'm not saying the Broncos will get shut down but they're going to get slowed down. 3 of these 4 games are on the road. Hopefully Indy pipes in some noise, KC doesn't have to and if it's loud like against NO I'll take that from the Pats fans.

The Broncos do catch a break as the NFL gives them the Pats and Colts on short weeks, shocker.

friendly reminder:
3GM1t0n.png

just for the record this stat is no longer accurate. the broncos are now ranked 27th in points given up

also they lost a game

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back