PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

They certainly are capable roster wise to win all games. the 2007 pats offense also wasnt top notch at every roster level e.g RB and TE .But that was a mentally strong team with a mentally strong coach who is aggressive. We have to see when the pressure mounts how this team reacts. Easier to run around and catch passes and score 50 pts right now. What happens later in the season when you are down in a game with everything else clinched, and fear or injury coming in etc ? Lot of things outside of the players and game itself can derail an undefeated season.

I hoped that Pats bring guard Vasquez in free ageny. Connoly and wendell rotation on C position and Cannon reserve, that would be the best Oline in NFL.
Then Denver got him and i was like OMG. With him, Clady and Koppen this would be the best o-line. With Clady and Koppen out i think that good defense can shut Peyton down.

maybe we sign old broncos player to get plays from them? Or we film the sideline again LOL!

maybe we sign old broncos player to get plays from them? Or we film the sideline again LOL!

The problem isn't needing more information. Belichick has seen and gameplanned for this offense for many, many years now. He actually spoke of Manning's offense in Denver last season as "being identical." He made the quote of "it looks the exact same to me." Belichick is more than familiar with Manning's offenses over the past 15 yrs.

The problem is simply executing enough, so needing additional information/intel is far from a necessity in this scenario. It will simply come down to whether or not we can slow their receivers down, make them drive the length of the field in methodical fashion, keep the ball out of Manning's hands as much as possible with our running game, and force them into mistakes.

The Patriots vs Broncos game will see the Patriots, hopefully, having their top receiving back, their star TE and their top WR back in full swing. The defense, assuming the loss of Vince doesn't make the run defense weak, is playing better than in recent memory. The OL looks to be progressing well too. Also, the game is in Foxboro at night.

With this game still 6+ weeks away, I think it's premature to believe Denver is to be so feared that a recent former Bronco needs to be signed at any point. I foresee, hopefully, the Patriots starting to play their very best ball by late November (date of the game). And while Denver may be playing as good in late November as they are right now, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest team playing lights out offense in September do not keep up that level into late November/December. So what I am saying is bring 'em on, I'd enthusiastic to see what a more seasoned Patriots team will do against this unstoppable Denver team.

I absolutely believe the Patriots can beat the Broncos, especially if they have both Amendola and Gronkowski at full strength. They will need to keep the broncos from scoring quickly and putting them in a hole so that the pace is dictated to them, but if they keep control of the game i think they can gameplan and execute defensively and run the ball and put up the points to beat them. They will also need a big game from Gostkowski to nullify Holliday, but this Bronco's team can definitely be beat, it will just take a good physical well executed performance to do it.

if we beat the saints then we have a chance against the Broncos. If we get embarrass by Brees then the outlook for us for won't look good against Peyton.

They will lose Sunday to the Cowboys and the love affair will take a hit for about an hour.

They will lose Sunday to the Cowboys and the love affair will take a hit for about an hour.

The would be awesome . . . and highly improbable.

The would be awesome . . . and highly improbable.

The only thing improbable in the NFL is improbability.

The Broncos have not faced a good team as of yet, have played 3 of 4 at home and the Cowboys are coming off a tough road loss. Green Bay losing to KC was considered improbable at noon on a Sunday two years ago too at 4:30 it was a reality. Any given Sunday in this league. The Cowboys have a defense that can get after Manning and an offense that can score on the Broncos defense. This will be a close game and I think the Boys pull this one out.

The only thing improbable in the NFL is improbability.

The Broncos have not faced a good team as of yet, have played 3 of 4 at home and the Cowboys are coming off a tough road loss. Green Bay losing to KC was considered improbable at noon on a Sunday two years ago too at 4:30 it was a reality. Any given Sunday in this league. The Cowboys have a defense that can get after Manning and an offense that can score on the Broncos defense. This will be a close game and I think the Boys pull this one out.

Care to make a wager? I'll give you 9.5 points.

What would we wager? Bit coins? :D

Sig or avatar for a week, something inconsequential like that. Or just bragging rights. :cool:

Sig or avatar for a week, something inconsequential like that. Or just bragging rights. :cool:

I'll do a sig. What do you have in mind?

Ok a sig wager it is...

If you have Demarco Murray in your fantasy league I'd start him. He's going to run all over that defense.

Everybody is talking about how Denver is ass whooping its opponents....

Let's examine Denver's ass whooping so far through week 4, shall we?

Ravens: 2-2 (.500)
Giants: 0-4 (.000)
Oakland: 1-3 (.250)
Philadelphia: 1-3 (.250)

....some ass whooping.... Sooner or later, they will meet an above .500 team, and we'll see how that ass whooping is working out for them....

Ryan Clady's injury may eventually catch up to them one week. His replacement Chris Clark was an UDFA who kicked around Minnesota and then was picked up by the Broncos off waivers. Broncos' defense, meh...

Broncos have to travel east to play the game in NE? Imho, history repeats itself....again...

And on top of that, Tom Brady's capable of beating anyone, anywhere, at any time.

Everybody is talking about how Denver is ass whooping its opponents....

Let's examine Denver's ass whooping so far through week 4, shall we?

Ravens: 2-2 (.500)
Giants: 0-4 (.000)
Oakland: 1-3 (.250)
Philadelphia: 1-3 (.250)

....some ass whooping.... Sooner or later, they will meet an above .500 team, and we'll see how that ass whooping is working out for them....

It's poor competition. That said, Denver is doing what a good team is supposed to do. Good teams are supposed to beat the ass off of bad teams.

It's poor competition. That said, Denver is doing what a good team is supposed to do. Good teams are supposed to beat the ass off of bad teams.

That is true. I want to see how they respond when they are challenged and play a team capable of putting up points with them and slightly less important run the football and keep it away from them. Philly has the talent but I don't see a "team" and they ran the ball 25 times in the first half. Then turnovers, bad defense and bad special teams derailed them.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back