PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us...

ROFL

you're right scott, someone give the jets the division title......

JETS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS WITH HOME FIELD BABY

Re: WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us...

So, the Jets add Jones, Harris, and Revis.

We add Meriweather and who knows who else in the draft, Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, Washington, Morris, possibly Moss, and we have two first-rounders next year, and the Jets have passed us?

What the f*** planet did I wake up on?

Wow! We have a late round third, mid and late round fouth,

compensatory fifth, four sixth round picks (two compensatory),

and a compensatory 7th. You're not going to get many potential

starters from these picks.

There isn't a ton of room for "potential starters" on this roster as it is anyway. You get a few projects, add depth, and hope for the best with those players. You know a guy like Tully Banta Cain, Assante Samuel, Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi, Jarvis Green, Ellis Hobbs, Dan Koppen, Nick Kaczur, Ryan O'Callahan, James Sanders...

Role players on day two are just fine.
Cousins, Lets focus on this.
All these "superb" choices by the other teams starting the end of round one are not as great as they appear. This was a crappy draft year. Onlt the top two thirds were for real. Some of these great seconds and thirds most of us have never heard of. Come-on have you heard of everyone one? Most of the experts have had these picks at rounds four, five and six.

This was a statement by the BB/SP and the Pats of how crappy the 2007 draft was. If 2008 is the least bit better (and it should be), the Pats FO scored.

If we draft some of these overrated high choices, we have to pay them second and third rounder money and then cut them because there are no roster holes they can get into.

Lets get FA ILB Hartwell signed. He is young and we don't have to take a chance on a draft choice. How about Brown? Another RB who is young and can carry the mails for a few games if need be. Experience, not a gamble.
Moss? If he's cheap, what the hell!

Also doesn't the fact that we have only one first day choice free up some money for Assante? Miguel please on that one?

Here are some we still have a shot at including some that the Pats have worked out:
Jon Wendling SS
Michael Bush RB
Antwan Barnes OLB
Darren Stone SS
Jon Abbate LB
Jackie Battle RB
Zack Latimer ILB
Juwan Simpson LB
Gattis (if he can play SS)
Geoff Pope CB
Brandon Siler ILB (2nd rounder on some boards)
Jay Moore DE/LB
Mike Jones G
Earl Everett LB
Aundrea Allison WR
Ben Patrick TE
Joe Newton TE
H.B. Blades ILB
Anthony Waters ILB
Josh Beekman C/G
David Clowney WR
Antonio Johnson DT
Michael Coe CB
Rufus Alexander LB
Fred Bennett CB/S
Zak D'Ossie LB
Mike Otto T
Desmond Bishop ILB
and some punters
DW Toys

Jets fan on NFL Network right now ranted on how terrible they did on the draft, wasting away their picks like that.

Jets fan on NFL Network right now ranted on how terrible they did on the draft, wasting away their picks like that.

Lol. someone give them the link to this thread.

Wow, great news, we picked up another #7, and a #3 NEXT year. So two #1's and a #3 became 1 pick. Good job !! We are almost guaranteed a SB win with this great draft. Just awful. Didn't even get Randy Moss with that 3rd. Good job Bellichick and Pioli. I'm sorry fellas, spin away, you can't spin this one.

I seen it too... he said the Jets blew it this year!

Wow, great news, we picked up another #7, and a #3 NEXT year. So two #1's and a #3 became 1 pick. Good job !! We are almost guaranteed a SB win with this great draft. Just awful. Didn't even get Randy Moss with that 3rd. Good job Bellichick and Pioli. I'm sorry fellas, spin away, you can't spin this one.

the jets gave up their entire draft for two good, not great, players(a total of 6 picks)

and plus the draft is by no way over

Role players on day two are just fine.

did we also forget that we have 2 1's in 2008???

i'd be happier with a SF #1, than a SEA #1, SF is an up and coming team...or are they? the 2006 season couldve just been a fluke season, for all we know, the niners could have just traded away their top 10 pick in 2008....

and now the pats COULD be staring at a top 10 pick, and the 32nd pick in the 2008 first round draft

idk...i think the pats, ONTOP of their very productive offseason signings so far....

pats came out on top....

WITH 9 PICKS TO GO.......

Last edited:

did we also forget that we have 2 1's in 2008???

Did they really!?!?

Reading some of these posts, I was beginning to think the Pats traded their #28 for a 7th round pick in 2076.

Did they really!?!?

Reading some of these posts, I was beginning to think the Pats traded their #28 for a 7th round pick in 2076.

That looks to be a pretty deep draft.

Notable players under Belioli:

4th round
Greg Robinson-Randall (2000)
Jarvis Green (2002)
Asante Samuel (2003)
James Sanders (2005)
Stephen Gostkowski (2006)

5th round
Dan Koppen (2003)
Ryan O'Callaghan (2006)

6th round
Tom Brady (2000)

7th round
Patrick Pass (2000)
David Givens (2002)
Tully Banta-Cain (2003)

Undrafted
Stephen Neal (2001)
Randall Gay (2003)

Brady to Brown is right. There's absolutely no chance the Pats can pick up a future Pro Bowler QB with one of their comp sixths. No chance of drafting a quality backup QB with their seventh. No chance of getting a strong leg in the fourth, either. :rolleyes:

Please, is that what we are hoping for from this draft? Finding a Tom Brady in the 6th round? Nice plan.

I think the Jets are stupid. They have 2 picks left in the 6th and 7th round. Way to go Mangina.
Yeah
iamwithstupid.gif

Last edited:

Did they really!?!?

Course, some around here (myself inculded lol) might try to defend BB if he did that...

How many value points does a 2076 7th rounder hold? :p

Course, some around here (myself inculded lol) might try to defend BB if he did that...

Ya think? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes