PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us...

So, the Jets add Jones, Harris, and Revis.

We add Meriweather and who knows who else in the draft, Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, Washington, Morris, possibly Moss, and we have two first-rounders next year, and the Jets have passed us?

What the f*** planet did I wake up on?

Where did I say the Jets passed us ? I just said their draft is way better than ours. We gave up our chance to pick up a very solid prospect, whether it was Harris or Pos. We may, I repeat may pick up a decent prospect in the 3rd round, but god knows players picked in the 4th round or later usually have no chance of panning out.

Someone mentioned that there are no roster spots available, then why even use those 3rd-7th round picks ?

I highly doubt the San Francisco #1 pick will be in the top ten, it may even be in the 20's, they are incredibly improved (draft & FA), and play in a somewhat weak division. And how can you even speculate that next years draft is even better or even deeper than this years ?

To those of you who attacked me personally, I've been a Pats fan for probably longer than most of you have been alive, so I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm not going to wear rose colored glasses and drink the Koolaid if I think the Pats made a mistake, really, what's wrong with disagreeing with their moves once in a while, especially if you really feel strongly about it. I'm not doing it for fun, I truly think this will be a major mistake that will haunt us for a while. I truly feel Harris or Pos will become stars. I'm not wrong in saying Bellichick & Pioli have been terribly wrong sometimes, Bethel Johnson instead of Anquan Boldin was a huge mistake, and we still don't have a WR as good as Boldin. I'm sure I can come up with many more. Sure, many have worked out, but nobody is perfect, and mistakes will be made, I just feel this one was a huge mistake.

Re: WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us...

Please, is that what we are hoping for from this draft? Finding a Tom Brady in the 6th round? Nice plan.

No but how about an Ellis Hobbs in the 3rd? What about an Asante Samuel or a Dan Koppen in the 4th? A Nick Kaczur in the 5th? A Tully Banta Cain in the 7th?

Unfortunately, so have Miami and Buffalo. We need a lot of surprises

tomorrow to end up with a decent draft. Sometimes, BB/Pioli are

able to do exactly that.

I highly doubt the San Francisco #1 pick will be in the top ten, it may even be in the 20's, they are incredibly improved (draft & FA), and play in a somewhat weak division. And how can you even speculate that next years draft is even better or even deeper than this years ?

1. Take a look at their schedule. They play Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincy. They play the Giants, Saints, Falcons, and the NFC west. That is not an easy group of teams to have to play. Plus they have an early bye week and travel east a few times.

2. Most draft experts look at next year's junior and senior classes and think that there is a ton more talent.

3. The pick won't be any further down than 28, so it is already and improvement. If it isn't an improvement, they push it off until it is.

Where did I say the Jets passed us ? I just said their draft is way better than ours. We gave up our chance to pick up a very solid prospect, whether it was Harris or Pos.

The Pats gave their "chance" up for a REASON. They could have very well drafted Harris at 28 and they didn't.

Just like how they didn't draft Rattay instead of Brady.

scott99 said:
We may, I repeat may pick up a decent prospect in the 3rd round, but god knows players picked in the 4th round or later usually have no chance of panning out.

That's fine. But you are STILL acting like the #1 next year doesn't exist. Why? Because you can't have that pick now? What is with today's society? I want this NOW! I want that NOW!

scott99 said:
Someone mentioned that there are no roster spots available, then why even use those 3rd-7th round picks?

I highly doubt the San Francisco #1 pick will be in the top ten, it may even be in the 20's, they are incredibly improved (draft & FA), and play in a somewhat weak division. And how can you even speculate that next years draft is even better or even deeper than this years ?[/quote]

Last time I checked, there are thousands of NCAA seniors next season who won't be vanishing off the face of the planet any time soon.

scott99 said:
To those of you who attacked me personally, I've been a Pats fan for probably longer than most of you have been alive, so I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm not going to wear rose colored glasses and drink the Koolaid if I think the Pats made a mistake, really, what's wrong with disagreeing with their moves once in a while, especially if you really feel strongly about it. I'm not doing it for fun, I truly think this will be a major mistake that will haunt us for a while. I truly feel Harris or Pos will become stars. I'm not wrong in saying Bellichick & Pioli have been terribly wrong sometimes, Bethel Johnson instead of Anquan Boldin was a huge mistake, and we still don't have a WR as good as Boldin. I'm sure I can come up with many more. Sure, many have worked out, but nobody is perfect, and mistakes will be made, I just feel this one was a huge mistake.

God, I don't even want to try and remember how many times I heard this crap a year ago after Vinatieri and Givens went.

On Monday we'll compare the offseason so far and the draft. You will find that we did as well as the jets at both.

Let's do in the reverse. Is Harris worth a mid 2008 first and and a high 4th in this draft? Many would say yes. Many more would say no.

Where did I say the Jets passed us ? I just said their draft is way better than ours. We gave up our chance to pick up a very solid prospect, whether it was Harris or Pos. We may, I repeat may pick up a decent prospect in the 3rd round, but god knows players picked in the 4th round or later usually have no chance of panning out.

Someone mentioned that there are no roster spots available, then why even use those 3rd-7th round picks ?

Save your breath dude, these folks will not put up with anyone questioning Belichick. Between you and me its all good, I am happy about todays events because this means that we are winning the Superbowl. Otherwise not using a first round pick is just plain ****ing stupid.

Unfortunately, so have Miami and Buffalo.

This is a joke, right? Miami?

On Monday we'll compare the offseason so far and the draft. You will find that we did as well as the jets at both.

Let's do in the reverse. Is Harris worth a mid 2008 first and and a high 4th in this draft? Many would say yes. Many more would say no.

The fact that he fell to #47 might be worth noting when answering that question.

For those who need it:

panic.gif

Apparently Mangini offered all of his draft choices to the Vikings for Hershel Walker - and then considred making the same offer for Ricky Williams - but in the end he just had to settle for Harris and Revis

Hey - I think both players should be good (with Harris going where many said he would in the 2nd) - for Magini's sake the better be f'in awsome...

From Prisco...

14. N.Y. Jets (from Carolina) select: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
He's the best corner in the draft, but they gave up way too much to move up to this spot. He better be Deion Sanders for what they gave up. Grade C

Last edited:

Oh yeah, as for "student beats teacher once again". Who the heck was it who got crushed in the playoffs. The student, exactly.

Last edited:

Do people really think you can evaluate a draft just 8 hours after the first pick?

How about all those years that the Lions drafted the TOP wide reciever mixed in with a heisman candidate QB? Still drafting #2 this year drafting a wide reciever cause what 3 of the 4 failed. Looked like great first round picks at the time not so much right now.

I bet these same posters were pissed we drafted Seymour over David Terrell.

Scott:

You are 100% correct.
Just like you I am a long time Patriots fan...but the truth is...if you dare question any moves of the Pats FO, the "long timers" say that you have no logic are a liar and a Jets fan.

Way to go for stating your opinion and keeping it real

Scott:

You are 100% correct.
Just like you I am a long time Patriots fan...but the truth is...if you dare question any moves of the Pats FO, the "long timers" say that you have no logic are a liar and a Jets fan.

Way to go for stating your opinion and keeping it real

And you two can be wrong again together. Isn't that cute.

For those who need it:

panic.gif

I keep pushing it....

BUT NOTHINGS GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow, great, we have a bunch of #6 picks that won't even make the team.

It's quality, not quantity. The pats will have only two Day 1 picks. And they'll have two in the 4th. Everything outside of that is pretty much a crap shoot.

Meanwhile, the Jets have taken two good players who will help them challenge for the division this year.

Draft picks only have value when you use them.

I guess its just frustrating as a fan bc we have all seen what happens when the Pats actually use their two first round picks -- they end up with two good players.

Don't forget we got Adelius T. ,Welker,Stallworth,Washington,and K. Brady
I'll take a PROVEN Pro Bowl LB like A.T. over Harris anyday

Honestly, what a spaz. Relax. Go draft Emmit Smith in your fantasy league.

Exactly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back