PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us...

The student beats the teacher once again. Revis AND Harris ?? Sheesh, what good is it having 2 #1's if all you do is trade them every year for the future. The future is now !!! Terrible draft, the Pats let all the good ones get away. Buffalo (Lynch & Poz) & the Jets, one #1 each, and both still way better draft than ours. Very disappointing. You guys can spin this anyway you want, but we are getting schooled by everyone. Harris will be a monster for the Jets and make us rue the day we didn't draft him. Very Very bad.
if you had a clue the off season is judged by the whole body off work including free agency and i ask tou the question what has the jets done in free agency?

Re: WOW, we had 2 #1's, and yet the Jets have had a ten times better draft than us...

I guess its just frustrating as a fan bc we have all seen what happens when the Pats actually use their two first round picks -- they end up with two good players.

If they had used two first round picks in 2003, we wouldn't have had the pick that we got Wilfork with in 2004.

It goes both ways.

I think the fact the BB Pioli didn't care enough to even try to get Harris or Woodley tells us all we need to know about how good they think those two are. WE might have wanted them, fine, but it's not like the PAts were hamstrung and had no WAY of making those transactions happen. Belichick obviously didn't think they were worth it - otherwise, we had the ammo to do it and would have.

If they had used two first round picks in 2003, we wouldn't have had the pick that we got Wilfork with in 2004.

It goes both ways.

Good point.

Oh well. At least people can stop the talk now that BB is loading up for one final run and then retiring. :)

Harris a 6th round talent, lmao shut up. Thats beyond stupid.

We have 9 picks, in rounds where the odds of finding a diamond in the rough is little to none. I'm not gonna sit here and pile on all day, but you can't say we've done better than the Jets. You just cant. They found two impact players, we found one.

We traded our first for a first next year to a team on the up rise. How much you want to bet were picking in the same spot as this year? You watch.

I think Revis and Harris are good picks, but basically mortgaging almost your entire draft on these guys isn't really smart drafting. One guy is a bust and you have had a horrible draft unless the other turns into an All Pro.

Last edited:

The student beats the teacher once again. Revis AND Harris ?? Sheesh, what good is it having 2 #1's if all you do is trade them every year for the future. The future is now !!! Terrible draft, the Pats let all the good ones get away. Buffalo (Lynch & Poz) & the Jets, one #1 each, and both still way better draft than ours. Very disappointing. You guys can spin this anyway you want, but we are getting schooled by everyone. Harris will be a monster for the Jets and make us rue the day we didn't draft him. Very Very bad.

Please go away and come back after two things happen:

1) you do some research and tell me what players we ended up with in the years we had our 2 #' 1's.

2) When the draft is actually over - when you can actually begin to rate it.

Scott99, can you tell me how many picks the Jets have left this year?

Can you tell me how many the Pats have?

Who cares, the talent will be 90% gone by the time the Pats pick again.

And next year when we have a pick in the high 20's and another in the low-teens to single digits in a much richer draft?

High 20's? Go sit in the corner -- right now. :mad: ;)

Have you already forgotten about the Pats' free-agent signings? And next year when we have a pick in the mid 30's and another in the low-teens to single digits in a much richer draft?

Fixit--I fixed your post for you. :D

Last edited:

This draft is all about the later rounds, that is where we shine.

Seems to me of the 10% (your words) of talent that remains - we have always done damn well.

Yeesh, you people have short memories.

Wow, great, we have a bunch of #6 picks that won't even make the team.

It's quality, not quantity. The pats will have only two Day 1 picks. And they'll have two in the 4th. Everything outside of that is pretty much a crap shoot.

Meanwhile, the Jets have taken two good players who will help them challenge for the division this year.

Draft picks only have value when you use them.

I guess its just frustrating as a fan bc we have all seen what happens when the Pats actually use their two first round picks -- they end up with two good players.

Finally, someone understands my frustration. Of the nine picks we have left, all will come in the 4th round and later, how many of those have worked out for us lately ? Brady is a freak of nature, how many 6th round QB's become Hall of Famers ? The Jets have made themselves significantly better today, and they really don't have that far to go to become major threats in the AFC East. So have the Bills. Harris and Poz will be smacking Maroney and others in the mouth for a decade. One of them should have been ours, f*ck next year. This is THE year, our LB's are a year older, the FA receivers basically have 1 year contracts. Terrible trade, and terrible draft, and I don't care what anyone says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't you mean a pick in the mid-30s? :D

That was deliberate, because I don't want to jinx anything. :D

Who lets 12-year-olds on this forum?

Who are these douche bag Patriots fans?

Bunch of fckin crybaby whiners.

Wow! We have a late round third, mid and late round fouth,

compensatory fifth, four sixth round picks (two compensatory),

and a compensatory 7th. You're not going to get many potential

starters from these picks. Other than the compensatory picks,

I expect BB/Pioli to traded away a couple of these picks for

2008 picks and be in the same boat as Mangini.

The future is now !!!

Actually, no.

Check a dictionary.

Brady to Brown is right. There's absolutely no chance the Pats can pick up a future Pro Bowler QB with one of their comp sixths. No chance of drafting a quality backup QB with their seventh. No chance of getting a strong leg in the fourth, either. :rolleyes:

What is your major malfunction?

Same crap every year on the Pats draft from some fans who think they know more about the NFL than the Pats F.O.: OMG OMG the Pats took who? They did what? The Jets got Dwayne Robertson? OMFG, the Jests schooled the Pats on that . What were the Pats thinking? Belichick SUCKS! And so does Pioli.

Haven't you, as Pats fans, learned by now that the Pats are in good hands? Jeezus, it's f-ing laughable.

Last edited:

Yeah, do you think we could get talent in the third round. Do you think a Hall of Fame player like Tom Brady would last past the third round? Do you think you could find a guy like OROY runner up Marques Colston in say the seventh round?

Come on! There is plenty of talent in the draft in the second day. I guarantee you there will be at least a dozen second day picks who will end up being better players than at least a third of the first round picks this year. It happen every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots