PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow! Lester Munson is a complete and utter moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on mike&mike during my drive to work other day. Had to change the station, it was brutal.

Edit: I actually can't stand their show in general, but it's the only sports radio I can get on FM.

I haven't listened to them in a long time. I don't know if this make sense, but I felt they sat on the fence on just about every issue, without having a strong opinion on any topic.

One exception was that Golic would excuse just about anything that a player, especially a defensive player did on the field.

Greenberg: But Mike, this guy was wrapping barbed wire around his forearms and clothes-lining people.

Golic: Hey, when I was in Philly, we did some things. [chuckles] I can't get too worked up over this.

He never extended that attitude to anything the Patriots did, though.

Reactions: CMH
I forgot to post the funniest quote. Munson thinks Goodell should have used Mueller to run this investigation because everyone agrees that his investigation of the Rice tape was truly independent.

That IS funny, but it's also one of the scary parts about this echo chamber. These guys--Goodell, ESPN no-nothings, other resentful fan bases, etc.--will just SAY stuff. "This is convincing." "The report is objective." "I am independent." Saying it as if simply saying it makes it so.

As another poster said, the word integrity should really sue the league.

I understand there are places where radio reception is limited. You did not go seeking that crap out, I hope.

• Brady will have to turn his cell phone over if he appeals in Federal court - I know people are saying this, but I think this only applies to if he sues for defamation. If he and the NFLPA appeals Goodell's appeal decision or his refusal to appoint an independent arbitrator, I don't think he has to turn over his phone. He will be filing the appeal on grounds that the NFL violated the CBA by letting Troy Vincent make the ruling and Goodell being unable to rule on this. The Federal judge would then be hearing testimony and arguments on those points and not looking at whether Brady is innocent or guilty. The judge will just be ruling whether to set aside Goodell's decision and force him to select an independent arbitrator or not. Brady's cell phone is irrelevant to a federal appeal.
You can hear it here (about 1:40 in).

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12894071

I personally think Brady is not all that worried about having his cell phone examined. Just as long as he can be reasonably sure that it's contents won't be on TMZ within 24 hrs. And federal court exhibits and proceedings, especially if accompanied by gag orders, are more secure than the crap the NFL has been doing these last few months. In fact I think Brady, Yee & Kessler may be baiting the NFL a little in regards to this.

I think if it goes to Federal court the first thing the Brady team does is voluntarily hand over an image of the contents of his cell phone his cell to the judge. Then when the NFL whines "He won't let us examine his phone! He must be hiding something!" Kessler & Yee can come back with "Say what?"

But, but if they used Qualified legal minds it would ruin the SCRIPT and nobody would watch the show and and there would be no Emmye's for sports shows and and an.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back