PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wouldn't it feel good if

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
we had one game against a AFCE team like the games bears and the jags had today.

It would be nice but then it wouldn't be patriot football.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
we had one game against a AFCE team like the games bears and the jags had today.

Actually, I'll take Super Bowls.

I bet Peyton's going to miss that coveted first half championship trophy, though.:D

Yes, it would feel good, but as someone else pointed out, then it wouldn't be the Patriots. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to end with a "W". If anyone knows that, it's us Pats fans! In any event, we get our next shot at a game like that two weeks from today in Buffalo. I'm going to the game and I'll take another "W" no matter how we get it!

Na, we dont need to trounce the East, we blew up the Bungles last week Baby. They were rated mush higher than than any east team.

I do think the Jets and Bills quit mentally when they got down, leading to the blowouts. But no AFC East team will ever quit like that against the Patriots... there is too much history and crossbreeding, they play us twice a year, they circle our games on their calendars.

We had that going for awhile against the Jets (24-0) before the D decided to take the rest of the game off.

alamo said:
I do think the Jets and Bills quit mentally when they got down, leading to the blowouts. But no AFC East team will ever quit like that against the Patriots... there is too much history and crossbreeding, they play us twice a year, they circle our games on their calendars.

Exactly. We get everyone's best effort each and every week. Not many teams can say that about their opponents. The Doophins played way above their heads today.

Last edited:
Games are always tougher within your own Division. Just ask Indy. One point over the TITANS? Yeah... that's just the way it is. It's always tougher battling the ones that know you.

hmmm we just did have a game like the Bears and the Jags. We destroyed the supposed new elite team on the AFC in the Bengals. Like everyone else says division games are always hard. And lastly, isnt it great how the pats win way more than they lose. I'll take close wins anyday.

No, it would not be great - every close game that forces the Patriots to find another way to win prepares them for the playoffs - I'll take the AFCE slug fests.

SoonerPatriot said:
Exactly. We get everyone's best effort each and every week. Not many teams can say that about their opponents.quote]

I think the Steelers are finding that out this year.....Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown (especially when that crown has 9 Ints since the last TD pass)....... They are acting more like a team that lost the Super Bowl who tanks th e next year...Come to think of it with the lousy refereeing in that game, ...oh never mind........

ON a different note, the Pats have faced and beaten each division opponent once now and BB has a great record when facing a team for the second time during the season so I'm optimistic (thought not ****y of the 3 remaining division games). With the AFC being so strong and one good team likely NOT to make the playoffs (Cinn, Jax?) home field is even more important, so it goes without saying that every game could be the difference between having to go 4 games to glory with a few road games versus 3 games and no planes until Miami......
Just my $0.02, (hopefully stating the obvious)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back