PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Jimmy G, and Gronk.. for entire Bowns draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will not see it but, you might see....
Browns send picks 14 and 47 to Pats for Jimmy.....

Sure. We could get like 3 Ras I Dowling's, an Easley and Wheatley(that rhymes), etc.

If Gronk hadn't have had multiple back surgeries by now? No. But he has and, in that case, I'd drive them both to the airport.

I'm torn on this.

Trading Garappolo to the Browns wouldn't be bad as Hue Jackson seems to be moving that team in the right direction. They've got some decent talent and a TON of draft picks this year. Jimmy G may be enough to bring the Browns out of the doledrums and make them respectable in that division. And pissing off a Harbaugh twice a year having to face someone like Garoppolo wouldn't be a bad thing.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd want to face Jimmy G. By all accounts, he's nearly as dedicated as Brady and supposedly knows the play-book the way Brady does. That's pretty amazing considering he's a 3rd year player. And I'm not sure I'd want the Pats to face that every year..

So trading him to an NFC team like the Bears could be in order, though I doubt BB would want to help John Fox like that. I could see the Pats trading him to the 49ers since they have QB issues.. Jimmy G could be a good QB for them and he'd have some weapons in Torrey Smith and Carlos Hyde right away. Even though Staley is in his 10th season, he'd been good for a few more years protecting Jimmy's blind side..

Honestly, it would be cruel to send Gronk to the Browns. Jaime is one thing but sheesh. Hue Jackson isn't moving that team in the right direction. He's moving them toward 0-16 lol. I could do that for 1/10 whatever they are paying Hue.

I will drive the party bus to Cleveland myself if offered.

I love Gronk, but man that is a lot. Cleveland would never do it, but if they did I'd throw in McDaniels. :)

Within a second ld do this. I can't imagine even the Browns doing that for an injury prone player and a relative unknown.

I would trade Jimmy and Jamie collins for their entire draft :D

I think Clueless would be more gullible if the price was the 1st round for the next two years, 2nd round for the three years after that.

Absolutely: would hate to see Gronk go, but I'd do it. The Browns wouldn't do it though.

Well, value wise it would be a great offer.

BUT, this Pats team is not that old or broke, so BB would just end up sending half those picks plus half his own to other teams for 2018 or 19 picks or else he would see 31 scouts lined up outside of every pats TC practice waiting for a release list.

So nice theoretical question, but no way in hell it will happen. Plus without Gronk coming back from surgery this year to prove he healed, I am not sure anyone would be crazy enough to offer multiple picks (certainly not unconditioned picks) for a guy who could just as equally be medically retired as lead the league in tds. Deal with multipicks for JAG could happen though.

Would anyone say no?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

well, I think the Pats should hold on to Jimmy and trade Jacoby Brissett instead...and trade for Scott Chandler and then send HIM in the deal to the Browns for their entire draft...what do you think?..and then the season after we could trade Danny Amendola and Legarrette Blount in a three way trade and get both the Browns and the Seahawks entire drafts....good idea?

But that means no more Gronk spike ):

I'll throw in Edelman if it means his "look at me" social media gets fire walled on NE's western border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News