PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you remain a Pats fan if the Pats lost Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice...you woulda been a blast to be with in a foxhole on Iwo Jima..."uh....I'm a G.I......no, I'm a samurai....wait...Brady back as sarge?...G.I. again"

Pats still for sure. Brady is going to retire someday anyways. Plus the way he has been leading his life lately is very disappointing.

WTH kind of a question is that? I'd be seriously pissed off for about a week.....ok, maybe a month... but I'd get over it. If I can root for a team that had Hugh Millen or Marc Wilson at the QB helm, I'll root for this team led by player X at the QB spot.

This dynasty run isn't going to last forever. And even if the Pats should suck when this current incredible run has completed its course, I'm not tossing in my Pats fan card.

The name of this board is "PATSFANS", not "TOMBRADYFANS".

If they don't extend Brady he could walk in a non cap year! Can you imagine that????? The money at 33 years old that he would be offered would be sick sick sick and who could blame him for leaving if the Pats continue to screw up as they have of late....If BB did in fact tape the Rams walkthrough and if he gets suspended, or fired and if Brady continues to be dragged into the cheating scandal and if they don't sign Moss.....if and if and if and if....I certainly see Brady gone. In fact, I was just having this conversation with some buddies today. Brady would walk not only for the money but sad that he may leave to fight for the reputation behind his legacy which has been tarnished by SpyGate.

I would be upset, hell every Pat Fan would be devastated. I could see myself following Tom as a player and rooting for him, but I always continue to root on the Pats! Tom Brady is the best player this franchise has ever had and maybe one of the greatest players in NFL history. He is a Boston icon, he would not be easy to lose!

Last edited:
I've been a fan since the very start and I will die as a Patriots fan.

It's been a lot more fun since Brady arrived.

I'd still be a Pats fan, for sure. I've only ever known Brady at QB as a fan, but I can't see myself not rooting for the Pats during football season. Just doesn't compute.

I would probably quietly root on Brady if he ended up somewhere else, as long as his team isn't playing one of the ones I have more affection for. Honestly, I don't seem him playing for any other team. I think he probably retires a Patriot.

No offense, but this has got to be the biggest bandwagon thread title I ever read. I'm a Pats fan, plain and simple. QBs will come and go, but the team I have followed my entire life will still be here.

I will say, when the going gets bad here in New England, quite a few of our our fickle fans jump on other teams...which is shameful. I remember all the Pats fans turned Giants fans in the 80s. My uncle is a Patriots season ticket holder and he is one of those folks. Trust me, I remind him of it constantly.

This thread is a perfect example of our prior discussion on pinkhat Patriot nation. Embarrassing!!
Kraft, Pioli, Brady, Belichick, Moss, Wilfork, Mankins and every other player and coach on the staff could leave next week and it would make no difference. We are Pats supporters and always will be no matter who is on the field, on the sidelines or in the front office...end of thread.

If Tommy B doesn't extend his contract, and ends up leaving the Pats, do you remain a Pats fan, or do you follow Tommy B?

Without even reading any of the replies yet I have to say how can you ask that? I've been a fan of the Pats my whole life. When I was a kid I guess it more homerism but, even God forbid, Pats sans Brady, BB and winning seasons I'm still a Pats fan.

Anyone who would stop rooting for a team because of the players who are or aren't on the team should stop calling him or herself a fan of that team.

I think comic book guy says it all.

Attachments

• sucks13.jpg
    sucks13.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 96
If Tommy B doesn't extend his contract, and ends up leaving the Pats, do you remain a Pats fan, or do you follow Tommy B?
What is with all the "ifs" on the PatsFans message board?

I just checked again and Brady is signed through 2010.That's three years form now,so why this thread? I don't know if I'll be alive in 2010 and I was a Patriots fan before Tom Brady was born.

ill just be sad that i'll have to get yet ANOTHER jersey to wear.

Still be a dieharder, but would definitely be pulling for Brady on the side. You can do both, you know.
Me too - unless he went to a hated rival like the Colts or Jets. If he went to some nice little NFC team like the Falcons or the Cardinals or the Rams or the 49ers, sure.

This board is called Patsfans, not Bradyfans. The Pats are my team, whether Brady is QBing them or not.

This is what I hate. Fans like this. I'm a fan of the Patriots and have been for 30+ years. I don't base my loyalty on one player. It's ridiculous and that's part of the reason why I hate the fact that Tom is such a "Mr. Hollywood" type guy because he attracts fake fans and 12 year old girls like you.

What if the team left New England, for say, LA? Would you still root for the Los Angeles Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back