PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Brown Just Unfollowed Eagles, Followed 2 Patriots Players on Instagram

AJ Brown as a Patriot in 2024 feels like complete fantasy land - too perfect of a fit based on skill set, age, production, etc. I would be absolutely floored if Wolf pulls this off.

Should have been a Pat all along that draft still gives me nightmares.
I was a Samuel and Metcalf guy.
I remember people here pounding the tables for AJ Brown in the draft forums.
Harry wasn’t even on my list of WRs for the first 4 rounds.
I just saw a tall slow lumbering guy.
I still remember nfl network predicted him as OROY.
I remember watching the film again and going well
This is why im not a scout I don’t see what our staff sees.

To me drafting Harry instead of Brown was the the event that was ultimately BB's undoing with the Pats. Harry being so bad alienated Brady and led to the Sanu trade and other desperate decisions that helped create a cap space mess and push TB12 out the door. If AJ had been the choice, success on the field would have gone a long way towards Brady wanting to finish his career in NE. Brady may still have left for other reasons, the decision to leave would have been much harder if the Pats were still competitive.

Because BB went against the advice of the scouts he lost a lot of credibility and started the discussion that the game had passed him by. When he doubled down with the obviously bad plan to make MP the OC, his credibility was gone and he needed to go.

Prior to the Harry pick I was screaming, "D.K. Metcalf" over and over in my living room......

And don't forget the failed Josh Gordon and AB experiments as well.....that and Gronk retiring in 2019 and Edelman getting hurt in 2017....

Harry was the first domino to fall. That pick led to the downfall. Absolutely

Has a lot of talent, but if he's disgruntled on a winning team no thanks
Actually this may be one of the rare times when a WR complaining isn't a diva. The last two regular season games, they only targeted him 6 times ( 5 catches) and the team lost both games., and it wasn't because of double teams. Nobody knew why and the talking heads here was a little shocked as well... He b*tched for Hurts not looking his way and that may have gotten him a ticket out.. I would love to see him in Foxboro....

Looks like he's putting out some fires. Maybe someone with the team even asked him to do so.

I'm still not averse to trading for AJ Brown if the price is right. It looks less likely now based on that tweet.

But who knows if contract negotiations with Eagles stall, maybe this possibility of moving to the Patriots is now an option in the back of AJ's mind.
From what I've read AJ always wanted to be here. Just another draft blunder.. N'Keal out the league Harry was drafted instead. This guy is an absolute beast at WR. Runs every route, over powers DBs, no CB can jam him they say. He's clamoring to come here. Wolf make it happen! I'd love to see him catching balls from penix Jr.

Judging by your user name you have a different perspective of his time with the Titans. I have only seen reports that the Titans GM made a big mistake and that AJ was willing to take less money to stay. I have not seen anything about him being disgruntled and forcing his way out of town. What really happened?
Yeah, there was rumblings about him being an issue in the locker room and I think he also got into it with the GM and staff. I can’t remember exactly the issues, but there were issues.
I don’t remember anything about him willing to take less money. Maybe he said that after he was gone, but not while here.

It means Eagles pressured him to take it down and he did
Possibly, I know going back to last season there has been some reported dicension with him and the organization. I'd welcome him. He's just what this offense needs.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back