PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you make this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Darrelle Revis and the #32 pick in the 2015 draft for the #6 pick in the 2015 draft.

I'm not saying it is going to happen but if Lance Briggs resulted in a third round swap and he didn't even sign with the team you have to think this situation would result in a first or second round swap.

Is it possible Belichick and Kraft have some insight to what was going to occur if Revis signed with the Jets and played this situation out perfectly? If they swapped on the trade value chart it is the equivalent of the Patriots trading Revis for the #15 overall pick and a 3rd round pick in 2016 (compensatory).

Darrelle Revis and the #32 pick in the 2015 draft for the #6 pick in the 2015 draft.

I'm not saying it is going to happen but if Lance Briggs resulted in a third round swap and he didn't even sign with the team you have to think this situation would result in a first or second round swap.

Is it possible Belichick and Kraft have some insight to what was going to occur if Revis signed with the Jets and played this situation out perfectly? If they swapped on the trade value chart it is the equivalent of the Patriots trading Revis for the #15 overall pick and a 3rd round pick in 2016 (compensatory).

I highly ****ing doubt it. Banking on Goodell to do the right thing is not a gamble BB is going to take.

It isn't going to happen. So it is a pointless exercise.

But for hypothetical purposes, I would only make that that trade if I thought I could get a franchise type, can't miss player.

It isn't going to happen. So it is a pointless exercise.

But for hypothetical purposes, I would only make that that trade if I thought I could get a franchise type, can't miss player.
I am not sure I would say it is not going to happen. Goodell and the NFL were vocal about the tampering issues last week and this Revis situation is blatant and if he really wants to send a clear message he will punish the Jets. We lost a 1st round pick for spygate. The reality is that if Woody hadn't made that comment we held all leverage to extend Revis long before his option was scheduled to be picked up. There were even rumors of contract negotiations just before Woody said what he said.

I know we don't like Goodell and I agree with that but he does like to send messages and hit teams hard for violations.

I highly ****ing doubt it. Banking on Goodell to do the right thing is not a gamble BB is going to take.
It could be a calculated risk in a situation that the alternative wasn't particularly appealing from a cap perspective.

I am not sure I would say it is not going to happen. Goodell and the NFL were vocal about the tampering issues last week and this Revis situation is blatant and if he really wants to send a clear message he will punish the Jets. We lost a 1st round pick for spygate. The reality is that if Woody hadn't made that comment we held all leverage to extend Revis long before his option was scheduled to be picked up. There were even rumors of contract negotiations just before Woody said what he said.

I know we don't like Goodell and I agree with that but he does like to send messages and hit teams hard for violations.

Unless there is proof that the Jets contacted Revis before he was released, there is no chance the Pats will be swapping first round picks with the Jets. Not a chance.

Unless there is proof that the Jets contacted Revis before he was released, there is no chance the Pats will be swapping first round picks with the Jets. Not a chance.
How much more proof do you need than the owner of the team the guy who writes the checks saying to a national media that he would love to have Revis back? Revis in his agent would have to be deaf not to view that as contact.

How much more proof do you need than the owner of the team the guy who writes the checks saying to a national media that he would love to have Revis back? Revis in his agent would have to be deaf not to view that as contact.

That is proof for a midround swap, not a first round pick swap. A first round pick swap would require proof of the Jets actually speaking with Revis and his representatives directly and negotiating a deal. Without that, there is no way that they are going to take away the 6th overall pick against them.

And stop using Spygate. I think it was a ridiculously unfair punishment, but there was a smoking gun the Pats did it and did it many times. You need a smoking gun to do such a harsh punishment.

No way in hell it happens but I would do it in a heartbeat.

The Jets repeatedly tampered with a first ballot HOF CB who was under contract to a division rival. It is the worst case of tampering the NFL has ever seen and giving the Patriots the Jets first round pick is the only appropriate sanction for it.

Sure, I would do it. But it's a pipe dream that many of you need to get over or else you're going to set yourselves up for disappointment.

Hypothetically if we get that #6 we could trade for Phillys next 5 1st round picks.

Revis got the two things he wanted 1.) being in NY and 2.) a great contract.

Just get over it and move on.

I agree. Whatever Woody said in a press conference did not make Revis go back to NY. He wanted to go back to NY. So there was no way that Revis was going to get a deal done with the Pats until he hit free agency unless they gave him ridiculous money. So he would have still gone back to the Jets without tampering.

Now if they can prove that the Jets contacted Revis before he was released, it will be minor compensation that the punishment the Jets will get for tampering will go from minor to more significant. But it is highly unlikely such evidence will be found. All they have is Manish Mehta's tweet and article, but they probably cannot prove whether it was really a leak or speculation.

If the tampering charge does comes too fruition then shouldn't we be awarded the Jets 1st round pick.?

Based on our past dealing with Godell on our minor gaffe of camera placement.

This could put a major stamp on this practice that the NFL doesn't want to happen.

Sure, I would do it. But it's a pipe dream that many of you need to get over or else you're going to set yourselves up for disappointment.

Yeah, I don't get why people are setting themselves up for major disapointment. Only the Pats fans feel that there should be some major punishment to the Jets.

From Greg Bedard today:

Don’t listen to all the noise about New York, or about Woody Johnson’s “tampering” (sure, Johnson broke the tampering rule but if you think actual tampering occurred, I have packaged snow to sell you)

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/03/13/new-england-patriots-darrelle-revis-new-york-jets/

If the tampering charge does comes too fruition then shouldn't we be awarded the Jets 1st round pick.?

Based on our past dealing with Godell on our minor gaffe of camera placement.

This could put a major stamp on this practice that the NFL doesn't want to happen.

Based on previous tampering punishments by Goodell, the Jets and Pats will swap mid rounders and the Jets will lose a late round pick. Unless more evidence of direct tampering is found.

1. i would not make the trade
2. this will never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back