PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you make this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTFOH son

bush league

I'm sure we would all love to watch Brady continue to play at this level until age 41 when he wins his last Super Bowl and rides off into the sunset. But, at some point within the next couple of years, he begins to decline, then the possibility of a trade should be considered for the better of the team.

once the decline is evident, then given his cap hit, you won't be able to get rid of him fast enough.....and it will be for a day 3 pick.

I think regardless of what happens, I don't see him playing beyond the end of his current contract......he says all the right things in terms of planning on playing until he's 40 and wil likely hold that line until he stands up and says 'I'm done'

this team will spin it's wheels for 2 more years and then stand there scratching it's collective head, saying 'what now'? the chances of the pats having his replacement ready at any arbitrary moment when he decides to end it is not going to work. if the niners could part with monetana, colts could part with manning, and the packers could part with favre, then the pats can part with brady.

the team needs to do it on its terms, not brady's

Silly

but on a serious note. You know what I dont get? Now, I admit, I've never played Fantasy football, but i know the general rules. I'm am pretty sure that you draft Offensive players, and then Defenses and ST as a whole right?

Listing to Pats podcast durring the season, there is always one commercial with a girl claming to have some inside tip on Fantasy football, and someone ask her "How did you know to select Mayo"

Am I wrong? You dont select individual players right?

Seems like SOMEONE would know that making the ad.

Silly

but on a serious note. You know what I dont get? Now, I admit, I've never played Fantasy football, but i know the general rules. I'm am pretty sure that you draft Offensive players, and then Defenses and ST as a whole right?

Listing to Pats podcast durring the season, there is always one commercial with a girl claming to have some inside tip on Fantasy football, and someone ask her "How did you know to select Mayo"

In some leagues you do select individual defensive players (IDP).

I just can't get behind this mercenary mindset.

Tom Brady should mean something that transcends the need to worry about winning games next year.

I'd rather watch this team have a couple extra losing seasons than watch them jettison the best QB we've ever had and one of the best all-time just so we can draft Ryan Tannehill Jr.

it'll be more than a couple of losing seasons.......

brady's been paid.......there is no transcendence

regardless of when he is gone, there will be the question of who is next....I like the chances better with a boatload of high draft picks than without.

just look at the 2 QB's in the SB this year.....it's not hard to find a guy to get you there if the resst of your roster is loaded

Free agency cannot get here fast enough...

The 2013 season can't get here fast enough.

I was going to say they can't get Brady's extension done fast enough, but I don't think that will be enough to stop the hypotheticals. There exists within this fan base a small contingent of idiots, malcontents, ADHD who just can't wait to get passed the Brady era. After all it hasn't netted them a 4th Lombardi in 7 seasons now. And 2-1 in AFCC games is getting pretty damn frustrating. Surely taking a flyer on the clip board holder du jour and a few more rookies would do the trick. I mean Bill must go to sleep nights grappling with that logic, right?

Silly

there are lots of different variants.

my league uses defensive players, and it's awesome.

The Patriots have been around for over 50 years, and have had thousands of players on their team, 2 have gone to the HOF and the one we are discussing here is not only playing the best football of his career but one of two players being discussed as the GOAT. This idea is insanity, period.

there is no way lombardi would make that offer -- unless he's an idiot.

I was going to say they can't get Brady's extension done fast enough, but I don't think that will be enough to stop the hypotheticals. There exists within this fan base a small contingent of idiots, malcontents, ADHD who just can't wait to get passed the Brady era. After all it hasn't netted them a 4th Lombardi in 7 seasons now. And 2-1 in AFCC games is getting pretty damn frustrating. Surely taking a flyer on the clip board holder du jour and a few more rookies would do the trick. I mean Bill must go to sleep nights grappling with that logic, right?

and despite how upsetting this thread is to you, you can't seem to stay away from it....weird.

Oh, that's right, it gives you the opportunity to name call and berate people with a different opinion than your own. You'll show us right toguhguy?

Some advice: Use the "Ignore this thread" function

This thread reminds me exactly why I don't bother posting often. It's really annoying how some people think they are the almighty and run this board. How dare people bring up off-season speculation threads to fill the time until free agency, draft etc.

*Goes back to reading threads only*

:bricks:

What sample size do you suppose I would fit into, Mo?

there are lots of different variants.

my league uses defensive players, and it's awesome.

Whew, I just realized that this is actually a fantasy football messageboard. For a moment there I thought I was on a real football messageboard and people were acting like faux GM's insane enough to believe they could replace Brady with a few picks. Glad i got that straightened out.

Anyone want to trade the Patriots defense for Redskins RB Morris?

regardless of when he is gone, there will be the question of who is next....I like the chances better with a boatload of high draft picks than without.

just look at the 2 QB's in the SB this year.....it's not hard to find a guy to get you there if the resst of your roster is loaded

Hell, it's only taken Flacco 5 years to get to a superbowl. And all Kaepernick had to replace was Alex Smith. One of them will go home a choking looser on Sunday night, I guess.

If it was as easy as some of you seem to think it is to plug in a QB to take a talent laden team to the Superbowl a lot more teams would have managed to in the last decade or so. Instead of the 3 teams from the AFC who dominated until this season as Flacco finally emerged in the last month of his contract year... And the Redskins would have won at least a couple.

This remains a QB driven league. That is actually why Cam Cameron got fired and Alex Smith got kicked to the curb on the road to NO.

You're right though that it'll be more than a couple of losing seasons. Either way. I'd prefer to postpone them as long as possible. As will Bill. He's over a decade removed from any practice in navigating even one of those.

and despite how upsetting this thread is to you, you can't seem to stay away from it....weird.

Oh, that's right, it gives you the opportunity to name call and berate people with a different opinion than your own. You'll show us right toguhguy?

Some advice: Use the "Ignore this thread" function

This thread reminds me exactly why I don't bother posting often. It's really annoying how some people think they are the almighty and run this board. How dare people bring up off-season speculation threads to fill the time until free agency, draft etc.

*Goes back to reading threads only*

I wouldn't take it too personally. Mo is simply one of those guys that honestly believes that Brady is going to be playing at this level at age 41. Hope he's right. If he's not, and Brady begins to decline, he'd be a fool to believe that "Bill" wouldn't entertain the notion of trading Brady depending on what he'd get back.

Hell, it's only taken Flacco 5 years to get to a superbowl. And all Kaepernick had to replace was Alex Smith. One of them will go home a choking looser on Sunday night, I guess.

If it was as easy as some of you seem to think it is to plug in a QB to take a talent laden team to the Superbowl a lot more teams would have managed to in the last decade or so. Instead of the 3 teams from the AFC who dominated until this season as Flacco finally emerged in the last month of his contract year... And the Redskins would have won at least a couple.

This remains a QB driven league. That is actually why Cam Cameron got fired and Alex Smith got kicked to the curb on the road to NO.

You're right though that it'll be more than a couple of losing seasons. Either way. I'd prefer to postpone them as long as possible. As will Bill. He's over a decade removed from any practice in navigating even one of those.

it's not driven by QB's over 35......

LMAO at your first name basis with 'Bill'......you talk to him much?

No doubt, they might be able to steal Sanchez from the jets. In fact they could get Sanchez and Vick and play a 2 QB offense that would fool everyone and get 3 rings before anyone could figure it out. And if they traded Wilfork for Jerel Worthy and used the Brady picks for Geno Smith and Jonathan hankins plus dee millner they would have the best defense ever and a 3 QB offense, and no team could deal with that...................

If we're talking about Brady, then I want players back too, not just picks. Something like three 1sts, two 2nds, TJ Ward, and either Phil Taylor or Ahtyba Rubin might get it done.

No doubt, they might be able to steal Sanchez from the jets. In fact they could get Sanchez and Vick and play a 2 QB offense that would fool everyone and get 3 rings before anyone could figure it out. And if they traded Wilfork for Jerel Worthy and used the Brady picks for Geno Smith and Jonathan hankins plus dee millner they would have the best defense ever and a 3 QB offense, and no team could deal with that...................

huh?

LOL....you are really bad at both making sense and drama

I wouldn't take it too personally. Mo is simply one of those guys that honestly believes that Brady is going to be playing at this level at age 41. Hope he's right. If he's not, and Brady begins to decline, he'd be a fool to believe that "Bill" wouldn't entertain the notion of trading Brady depending on what he'd get back.

2012 New England Patriots 16 637 401 63.0 39.8 4,827 7.6 301.7 34 5.3 8 1.3 83T 57 8 27 182 98.7
2011 New England Patriots 16 611 401 65.6 38.2 5,235 8.6 327.2 39 6.4 12 2.0 99T 71 14 32 173 105.6
2010 New England Patriots 16 492 324 65.9 30.8 3,900 7.9 243.8 36 7.3 4 0.8 79T 53 9 25 175 111.0
2009 New England Patriots 16 565 371 65.7 35.3 4,398 7.8 274.9 28 5.0 13 2.3 81T 43 12 16 86 96.2

What evidence is there that Brady is dropping off at all?

The Patriots had the 3rd most productive offense in history. Here's a great idea, replace Brady with Geno Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News