PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you make this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 New England Patriots 16 637 401 63.0 39.8 4,827 7.6 301.7 34 5.3 8 1.3 83T 57 8 27 182 98.7
2011 New England Patriots 16 611 401 65.6 38.2 5,235 8.6 327.2 39 6.4 12 2.0 99T 71 14 32 173 105.6
2010 New England Patriots 16 492 324 65.9 30.8 3,900 7.9 243.8 36 7.3 4 0.8 79T 53 9 25 175 111.0
2009 New England Patriots 16 565 371 65.7 35.3 4,398 7.8 274.9 28 5.0 13 2.3 81T 43 12 16 86 96.2

What evidence is there that Brady is dropping off at all?

what's your point, the colts parted ways with manning after he had made more pass attempts and threw for more yards in his career, and they simply let him walk

and now, their future is much brighter

so getting 2 1sts and 2 2nds for him is not a bad thing

It's an interesting thought. I was listening to PFW in progress as I was reading this thread and they were discussing something similar. They proposed if the Rams called and offered both of their first and Bradford, would you make that trade. I have to admit, I would certainly have to think long and hard about that one.

You would? I wouldn't. Not a chance.

We have every reason to believe that Brady will continue to play at a hall of fame level for the next 3-5 years. That's worth a lot more than a first round pick and an underachieving, injury-prone quarterback.

huh?

LOL....you are really bad at both making sense and drama

Coming from someone who would trade Brady in a heartbeat for a few picks that is a big time compliment. Your only purpose in this forum is to be idiotic but you are really really good at it. This idea is total nonsense.

2012 New England Patriots 16 637 401 63.0 39.8 4,827 7.6 301.7 34 5.3 8 1.3 83T 57 8 27 182 98.7
2011 New England Patriots 16 611 401 65.6 38.2 5,235 8.6 327.2 39 6.4 12 2.0 99T 71 14 32 173 105.6
2010 New England Patriots 16 492 324 65.9 30.8 3,900 7.9 243.8 36 7.3 4 0.8 79T 53 9 25 175 111.0
2009 New England Patriots 16 565 371 65.7 35.3 4,398 7.8 274.9 28 5.0 13 2.3 81T 43 12 16 86 96.2

What evidence is there that Brady is dropping off at all?

You should probably read the thread, buddy. I think it's my second or third post in this one.

Either way, I'm talking about down the line. If you're of the opinion that Brady will be playing this way at age 41, then all the power to ya. I hope you, like Mo, are right. But history shows that quarterbacks playing at GOAT level at age 40 is a rarity. Again, if it looks like decline is imminent (the way it does with Manning), then I would hope that BB would entertain trade options... especially if a trade netted us multiple picks with a high first rounder.

what's your point, the colts parted ways with manning after he had made more pass attempts and threw for more yards in his career, and they simply let him walk

and now, their future is much brighter

so getting 2 1sts and 2 2nds for him is not a bad thing

Wow, so the Patriots are going to get Andrew Luck? You changed my mind.

Coming from someone who would trade Brady in a heartbeat for a few picks that is a big time compliment. Your only purpose in this forum is to be idiotic but you are really really good at it. This idea is total nonsense.

maybe it is, but you've made no valid against the notion

if it is nonsense, it would be more so to the browns

Wow, so the Patriots are going to get Andrew Luck? You changed my mind.

manning was gone whether the colts were going to get luck or not......more bad drama

You should probably read the thread, buddy. I think it's my second or third post in this one.

Either way, I'm talking about down the line. If you're of the opinion that Brady will be playing this way at age 41, then all the power to ya. I hope you, like Mo, are right. But history shows that quarterbacks playing at GOAT level at age 40 is a rarity. Again, if it looks like decline is imminent (the way it does with Manning), then I would hope that BB would entertain trade options... especially if a trade netted us multiple picks with a high first rounder.

I think Brady is going to be extended and play at a high level for 4 more years and retire as a Patriot. I also think that there are too many Patriot fans who don't appreciate and don't respect their greatest players and talk about getting rid of them as though they are JAGS easily replaced by the draft and fantasy geniuses they anoint themselves to be.

The #6 pick is not enough value for Brady in my opinion

The #6 pick plus next year's #1 -- Yes

I'm not convinced that Mallet is going to be a top 5 QB -- as I just haven't seen him to know.
If Bill thinks so then it makes sense to move Brady and build around Mallet.
If Bill doesn't think so, then keep Brady and look to draft a replacement in 3 years.

maybe it is, but you've made no valid against the notion

if it is nonsense, it would be more so to the browns

Replacing the best QB in football this season, the one who gave them the 3rd highest scoring offense in history with a crapshoot is ******ed, period.

I think Brady is going to be extended and play at a high level for 4 more years and retire as a Patriot. I also think that there are too many Patriot fans who don't appreciate and don't respect their greatest players and talk about getting rid of them as though they are JAGS easily replaced by the draft and fantasy geniuses they anoint themselves to be.

sounds like a fantasy.......or a bad idea

What people fail to grasp is if Brady starts to drop off to the extent Bill as I sometimes call him because it's his name is tempted to trade him...he's going to retire and enjoy life with his supermodel wife and adorable children in one of their mega mansions.

The only way he'd agree to be traded would be if they were foolish enough to piss him off while he's still a perennial MVP candidate. He's competitive for sure, he's also not stupid or nearly as self absorbed as some of his peers. Manning moved on, after a lost season in which he didn't know whether he could play again or not, but it was ultimately on his terms even if it wasn't his choice. His contract dictated that. Montana asked to be traded because of the conflict Young's presence on that roster dictated. There is no Young on this roster. Favre left because after years of threatening to retire they called his bluff and drafted his replacement in the first. None of the examples folks love to point to has any relevance to Brady's situation.

Barring catestrophic injury there is no reason Brady can't be playing at a high level for at least another 4-5 seasons. Turns out Manning can still play at a high level with bolts in his neck. May not be good enough to win a SB in Denver, but then again he was only good enough to get to 2 and win 1 in his career anyway. Of course there aren't many QB's on the planet who ever even got to 2...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_quarterbacks_with_multiple_Super_Bowl_starts

no more so than brady playing at a high level for another 4 years

I've provided the numbers that show Brady to be the best player in football the past 4 years, and the numbers that show he led the 3rd highest scoring offense in history, you on the other hand have provided absolutely nothing.

Don't know why you Jet fans are so stuck on coming here, but i can understand why you want the GOAT gone.

no more so than brady playing at a high level for another 4 years

I'll stick to the facts, you have to play nastradamus because you have no facts or substance to support your idiotic idea.

No, but I'd strongly consider it for number one overall in next year's draft for the right to select Johnny Football. Not saying I'd do it right off the bat, but it's something I'd strongly think about.

Johnny Football is Russell Wilson with 3 more inches of height and a little more speed. They both have that insane Fran Tarkenton pocket presence. That would be a tough deal to pass up, I think I'd do it.

I'll stick to the facts, you have to play nastradamus because you have no facts or substance to support your idiotic idea.

LOL.....took you 2 posts to get all that drivel out

BTW....it's Nostradamus, fool

manning was gone whether the colts were going to get luck or not......more bad drama

No he wasn't. If the Colts had not got the #1 or #2 pick, Manning would have been the Colts QB in 2012.

missing the point a bit, don't you think......

I don't see anyone here who actually thought it was a possibility.......

first, the Browns would never make that offer.........they'd have to be insane to even consider it.....nobody's going to give that up for a 36 year old QB

2nd, he is going to retire......but there's not going to be any extension.....because he's probably going to retire no later than when his current deal runs out.....I give him 2 more years tops.

'adorable children'.....do you bounce them on your lap or something?

What people fail to grasp is if Brady starts to drop off to the extent Bill as I sometimes call him because it's his name is tempted to trade him...he's going to retire and enjoy life with his supermodel wife and adorable children in one of their mega mansions.

The only way he'd agree to be traded would be if they were foolish enough to piss him off while he's still a perennial MVP candidate. He's competitive for sure, he's also not stupid or nearly as self absorbed as some of his peers. Manning moved on, after a lost season in which he didn't know whether he could play again or not, but it was ultimately on his terms even if it wasn't his choice. His contract dictated that. Montana asked to be traded because of the conflict Young's presence on that roster dictated. There is no Young on this roster. Favre left because after years of threatening to retire they called his bluff and drafted his replacement in the first. None of the examples folks love to point to has any relevance to Brady's situation.

Barring catestrophic injury there is no reason Brady can't be playing at a high level for at least another 4-5 seasons. Turns out Manning can still play at a high level with bolts in his neck. May not be good enough to win a SB in Denver, but then again he was only good enough to get to 2 and win 1 in his career anyway. Of course there aren't many QB's on the planet who ever even got to 2...

List of quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl starts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back