PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you make this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.....took you 2 posts to get all that drivel out

I know it, not bad eh? You on the other hand are over 6.300 and you haven''t even come close to getting all of the drivel out of your system.

Oh, my bad, it's 6,300, not 6.300, wouldn't want a grammatical error on a messageboard.

I know it, not bad eh? You on the other hand are over 6.300 and you haven''t even come close to getting all of the drivel out of your system.

Oh, my bad, it's 6,300, not 6.300, wouldn't want a grammatical error on a messageboard.

I like that you and Mo are circling your wagons.......defend and destroy......together, you can take your cult anywhere

missing the point a bit, don't you think......

I don't see anyone here who actually thought it was a possibility.......

first, the Browns would never make that offer.........they'd have to be insane to even consider it.....nobody's going to give that up for a 36 year old QB

2nd, he is going to retire......but there's not going to be any extension.....because he's probably going to retire no later than when his current deal runs out.....I give him 2 more years tops.

'adorable children'.....do you bounce them on your lap or something?

I guess we will see on the extension. They aren't going to take a $28M cap hit in 2014 and neither could a trading team and his money is guaranteed if he's on the roster the last day of their 2013 season. And they can't tag him in 2015 at almost $34M even for a tag and trade. And while he's not the type to hang on past his prime, if he is still playing anywhere close to the level he is now he isn't going to just walk away in 2 years.

I like that you and Mo are circling your wagons.......defend and destroy......together, you can take your cult anywhere

Yep, that crazy Brady cult, where the 2 of us make wild claims about how good he is and how productive their offense with him. We're batsh.t crazy.

There are all manner of circle jerks on these boards.

And BTW I think he was doing a play on incorporating nasty into Notradamus.

There are all manner of circle jerks on these boards.

And BTW I think he was doing a play on incorporating nasty into Notradamus.

who......?

No just like you have no proof. Without getting Luck, why would the Colts have released Manning?

I think you are missing the obvious, the voices in his head are all the proof he needs.

If the Colts don't get the shot at Luck they re-do manning's deal so he could have finished his career in Indy.

Hopefully the mods create a sub forum for this garbage because the rest of Brady's career is going to be a pain in the @ss if we have to listen to this drivel for the next 4-5 years, and since people are already talking about Brdgewater and Manziel it is clear that is exactly what will happen.

Since the OP suggested that the hypothetical Brady trade talks started off as serious discussions to instead trade Mallett, that means that Bill would consider Mallett expendable and non a guy we could count on should Brady step aside at some point.

Thus the answer to the question is clearly NO, to me.

Belichick at least has some idea of what Mallett can do, based on hundreds of practices that we as fans have not seen. Not a single one of us can say with confidence if Mallett would be a borderline top 10 guy (say, a Flacco? a Cutler?) or a bust (Sanchez?). Maybe BB can.

If I were Belichick and thought for sure that he was at least a guy who could lead a team to a championship, I'd be very tempted by such an offer for Brady, but then again I would also have never gone too far in talks to trade Mallett either, in the first place.

No, No, No.

It's funny you posted this..I have been thinking of this exact scenario but I was afraid I would get banned :eek:

My trade would be slightly different..

Brady and Mankins
To Cleveland for 1st round picks in 2013, 14, 15 and 3rd round picks for 13,14,15

Pats would then play the board and move back from #6 and aquire additional 14 1st round picks.

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one..

The deal has to trump any other big qb draft day trade in history.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab on Tapatalk

Very little on the internet makes me mad. Getting called names, people who hold grudges, having entire forums hate me - these things are nothing.

But ************, how flippant some of you guys are about jettisoning Brady is killing me. I'm almost starting to get mad.

I honestly wonder at the ages of people who are discussing this. I'm teetering on my 40s and became a fan the beginning of the year the Pats went to SB XX. I've been through some hard times. I quit being a fan for 2 months after Ray Berry opted to go for Eason over Flutie and Flutie walked. I came back before the season started, but still, I've seen some **** times.

I guess that's why I'd endure a lot of losing to give Brady a better send off than what Peyton Manning got with Indy. After all Brady has done for this franchise and its fanbase by extension I cannot imagine how betrayed he would feel to be traded to St. Louis for some picks.

I'm not really mad, I'm just more...shocked I guess. If Tom Brady doesn't deserve some leeway with fans then I guess nobody ever will and it just makes me sad.

I am one that thinks Brady can play at a high level when hes 40. I really think his ACL injury was a blessing in disguise. It gave him the 2008 season off, after a mentally draining stressful 2007. That being said he still looks like hes 26 and as long as Gisele keeps polishing his knob he wont age much lol. Also he doesnt take nearly as many hits as some other QBs do and Brett Favre used to get destroyed and was 2 stupid typical Favre pick sfrom going to the SB at ages 38 and 40. So I really do think Brady can play at a high level for another 5 years barring injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back