PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would we consider Marshawn Lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are thinking out loud, what about the enigma Jonathan Stewart, Carolina. Had so much beast potential after he first two years in the league...yet Carolina never had enough faith in the guy to make him the man. Now he is an after thought in that offense. I used to think Cam Newton took runs away from all their backs....but it seems to be more. Thoughts? Injuries? Knuckleheadedness?
Carolina leads their division at 3-4-1 so unlikely to trade (just like Seattle)....but he fits my size/speed parameters...so ....?

Lets open up the bidding.....Stewart for DA

Last edited:
He's signed through next year :

3/4/2012: Signed a four-year, $31 million contract. The deal contains $17 million guaranteed, including a $6 milling signing bonus and all of Lynch's first- and second-year base salaries. Another $1 million is available through incentives in the final two years based on 1,500-yard rushing seasons. 2014: $6 million (+ $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses), 2015: $5 million (+ $2 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2016: Free Agent

Didn't he hold out this year (until Seahawks sweetened the pot with another $1 million incentive) because he wanted more money after winning a SB????

I have just bought my shirt........

Clock Killin Corey Dillon, it just warms my heart thinking about it!

I'm not sure Lynch is in the same category as CKCD, and I highly doubt that BB would trade for him. Dillon was sick of losing, what exactly is making Lynch such a malcontent?

eh, the Patriots are going to live and die by the pass, the run game is nothing more than a distraction at this point in their evolution, same for the Broncos.

Did I miss the press conference announcing the signing of Lynch?

Yeah, team confirmed it about 20 minutes ago! :rolleyes:

IMO this is a load of sht, hes not coming here. But if he did i wouldn't have a problem with it, this team has been a player or two away from winning it all for a few years now. Albeit in the last SB it was an injury to gronk, not the lack of adding a player. Having a top notch running game takes the pressure of Brady, takes time off the clock when needed, and allows for better play action. Running and passing compliment each other

The price is right. Let's dream.

This seems like BS but if it were an option, they should do it. 2nd, 3rd, 5th plus DA, whatever. Pats need a back, Lynch is one of the best. It's a low $$ commitment, half his salary this year then you cut him.

If Seattle had the balls to dump him, and they don't really have a replacement so they'd basically be giving up on the season (or hoping for addition by subtraction, one could argue), then why not? He's a big, violent back who'll have a chip YN942x16149986&qton his shoulder and something to prove while playing for his last big contract. He won't get the contract in NE, prob Atlanta or somewhere similarly ****ty, but why would you not want to add such a high quality, low investment player at a position of need?

Good grief ........... 4 pages of nothing.

i would not trade them a pick if it was true ... Dobson and Gray for Lynch or forget it.

Good grief ........... 4 pages of nothing.

And you are surprised???

This is what we do; speculate, guess and second guess... while some play the woulda, shoulda, coulda game.

You know the guy almost seems like at times he doesn't want to play football. Just the way he acts. I know Dillion worked out but I dont think he was a diva, maybe he was Im getting old. But ML, geez, this guy reeks diva, even in the NE locker room he might not get it. Even Brandon Lloyd was too weird for the Pats. I dont see it happening.

The second round pick make me doubt it's true--more than the friend of an uncle or whatever thing.

His friend's uncle knows a Pats personnel guy...

who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows Kevin Bacon. Hey, it works.

Well dam if it is Kevin Bacon.....LETS DANCE!

This has to be a joke unless the Hawks have packed the season in and the friend of whoever is one of the few who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back