PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would we consider Marshawn Lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the reports are true that Lynch and the coach are not even talking, and he is bad for the locker room, and all the TMZ stuff, then they will not get a 2nd for him - and in that case I am okay with giving up a 3rd just to have him for the next 8 games and playoffs, because no RB is worth 7 million in today's NFL and he will not take less money next year.

I'm assuming Lynch will be in Seattle through this season, a solid target could be Steven Jackson, he doesn't have much left but he'd be a solid veteran who can do all three jobs (run, catch, block) and would likely be very cheap given the Falcons' season and he's cheap this year and next.

Please no. Why would we put a decrepit old RB out there to take snaps away from younger players who need them, so that he can be injured before January?

Jackson was a great player, but he is toast now.

Do not see this corroborated by anyone, so will be skeptical as of now...

Do not like the idea of Lynch coming here...

Why would you not want him?

Why would you not want him?

He was troublesome in Buffalo, troublesome in Seattle... what makes you think all of a sudden he would be a happy camper here??

Do not see it... not sure we have the locker room depth to neutralize a malcontent...

Please no. Why would we put a decrepit old RB out there to take snaps away from younger players who need them, so that he can be injured before January? Jackson was a great player, but he is toast now.
All we have in 3rd down guys, Gray and Bolden. I like Gray, I don't like Bolden. If anything were to happen to Gray I'd much prefer to have Jackson and the little guys vs. Bolden and the little guys.

I actually like the trade if it were to happen...
He was troublesome in Buffalo, troublesome in Seattle... what makes you think all of a sudden he would be a happy camper here??

Do not see it... not sure we have the locker room depth to neutralize a malcontent...
S0 was Cory Dillon...the locker room may not be at#54 and #55 level of maturity but I think it is solid..

All we have in 3rd down guys, Gray and Bolden. I like Gray, I don't like Bolden. If anything were to happen to Gray I'd much prefer to have Jackson and the little guys vs. Bolden and the little guys.
I'd rather have Corey Dillon if he could still play, and I'd put Steven Jackson in the same category.

I don't go much for these "fantasy trades". But of all the wild ideas that have been floated, the one that most appeals to me (though it will never happen) would be Jason Pierre-Paul. Can you imagine trading for JPP, signing Alan Branch, and getting Chandler Jones and Sealver Siliga back. Jones and JPP on the edges with Nink and Easley rotating, and Wilfork, Branch, Easley, Jones, Siliga and Walker at DT? That would also allow the Pats to use Nink more creative as a DE/LB, along with Hightower, Collins and Ayers.

Again, it's just a fantasy trade, and will never happen. But it's one that I'd actually consider making if it were an option.

I agree, would love it but it will never happen. I would love to see them grab a LB off a weak team who wants out and will need a new deal soon. We'll see, Belichick isn't shy about dealing so hopefully we will see something.

I actually like the trade if it were to happen...

S0 was Cory Dillon...the locker room may not be at#54 and #55 level of maturity but I think it is solid..

Think things were different then...Tedy, Rodney, Willie et al. Not sure they are as internally strong as then do not see the value in upsetting things internally...

How can you be a malcontent on a Super Bowl Winning Team?? His carries seem to be down as he is midway through his 7th year... did not like him at Buffalo and do not like him at Seattle.

ya that's a joke...if not I would hate the move

Get someone to help with run defense. That's all.

Please no. Why would we put a decrepit old RB out there to take snaps away from younger players who need them, so that he can be injured before January? Jackson was a great player, but he is toast now.
Jackson has been tortoise slow for 3 years now .....I guess Atlanta loves big slow RBs because they hung onto Turner far too long as well...and Jackson has no fight in him....which cannot be said about Lynch

the Lynch being trouble stuff confuses me.

obviously it's gotta be inside the locker room stuff, because outside of being pulled over a couple of times he keeps his nose clean.

he hates talking to the press which to me is a positive.

I'd rather have Lynch than VJax

Fair enough, but my counter that would be that there is no way in the world he would create an issue in a winning Patriot lockerroom, and if he is so bad how did Seattle win the SB with him last year?
This is his 5th year there. If he were a locker room cancer it would not have taken this long for him to be gone.

I know that many fans like to hold spoiled pampered athletes up to their own perceived standard of mature behavior and professionalism, but that's really not realistic. Lynch was told his best friend was traded as he got on a bus headed for a game and has acted like the spoiled little child he has been treated like ever since he showed what he could do with a football in his hands.

Its funny how everyone expects the players on the Patriots to react a certain way when Mankins or Seymour is traded or Milloy cut and after they don't we now don't want a player who reacted to that the exact way many people on this board would expect him to.

My friend's drug dealer knows a guy who works for the Lions and he told me we just traded a Amendola + a 3rd round pick for Megatron. Take that with a grain of cocaine.

I understand 100% where you are coming from and I am not sure I want him for a 2th round pick as well but the pats could not run the ball at all in the 3rd and 4th QT of a game they lead by 31 at the half Ridley would have had 150 in that game. the pats need a RB it does not have to be Lynch but I would be happy if it was

I'd rather have Lynch than VJax

I'll take both. Maybe we need them, maybe not so much, but I am all for grabbing every quality player out there.

This is Lynch's 5th year in Seattle......Seattle got 4 great years out of the guy.....and you're worrying about about 1.5 years in NE. You are ignoring the team's successes in attitude adjustment. Hell...Moss gave NE 3 solid years before he went mentally awol.
At some point, the talent level has to be elite to win....and the RB corp of NE as it is presently constructed is not even close
And when it is all said and done, NE needs to beat Denver.....and Lynch's stat line this year vs Denver...
26 carries/88 yds/1 TD
5 receptions/40 yds/1 TD
People complain about RB salaries and are happy to pay elite WRs 8 figures...consider this...A stud RB touches the ball 20-30 times /game....a stud WR touches the ball 7 times. I'd be more than happy to pay Lynch half of Megatron's salary

PS....some may bring up Lynch's paltry performance in the SB. I would argue that coming into that game, Denver had zero fear of Wilson's passing game and the A game plan was to stop Lynch. Then the game got out of hand and Denver just crapped themselves all over the field and Lynch was essentially unimportant.
Looking forward.....Would Denver want to play run first vs NE........of course not. Lots of possibilities open up for a NE offense with Lynch
I dream.

Was the #2 spent on Corey Dillon too much?
IMO....that trade completed the roster on what I consider the BEST Pats team in history. With Dillon...they were dominant....and unstoppable in 4th quarters. With Dillon, every lead was safe. We saw the power of a beast at the end of last season with Blount carrying the offense.....that is a valuable weapon during the grind of a season. Blount was a very poor man's Corey Dillon...and Lynch is better...and younger than Dillon was.
I vote....HELL YEAH......one word we all need to remember....WINDOW

Dillon had never tasted a playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl ring. I cannot question lynch' skills but I'm not sure his motivation will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back