PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woody Johnson Clear Cut Tampered Re: Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it fine for me to call myself a stinky A-hole? The truth does hurt :(

I wonder how long this will take... It honestly makes me laugh but also pisses me off at the same time.
Good question. A full day and a 1/2 has gone by.

I think with the league itself taking hits with the Rice, McDonald and Peterson situations, Goodell under fire the Suh situation and the NFL Playoffs kicking up, I suspect the league will do everything in its power to move the story to the offseason and eventually to the back page of the Boston Phoenix.

I think with the league itself taking hits with the Rice, McDonald and Peterson situations, Goodell under fire the Suh situation and the NFL Playoffs kicking up, I suspect the league will do everything in its power to move the story to the offseason and eventually to the back page of the Boston Phoenix.
I feel the NFL is operating under its own variation of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy these days... As in, don't ask us to do anything, and we won't tell anyone anything, ever.

I'm getting a chuckle from reading the morons in the PFT comments who think this wasn't tampering at all and outraged that the Pats are pursuing this because spygate.

chuckle-worthy, yes. But very, very predictable.

I'm positive they don't really care to do anything about it and unless someone raises a stink over it, Like the Patriots, (cause the really dont give a damn what the fans think as has been shown time and time again) they won't do anything.

I feel the NFL is operating under its own variation of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy these days... As in, don't ask us to do anything, and we won't tell anyone anything, ever.

Yep- The NFL is a dysfunctional PR mess. The Suh "overruling" by Cottrel, along with the Rice, Peterson and the Bountygate stuff have clearly shown Goody has lost control. Pete Rozelle must be rolling over in his grave.

Yep- from a PR standpoint, they are reeling. They need a great playoff season to give them a breather to some of this bad PR so they can get some sustainable, enforceable policies in place.

I'm positive they don't really care to do anything about it and unless someone raises a stink over it, Like the Patriots, (cause the really dont give a damn what the fans think as has been shown time and time again) they won't do anything.

Agreed.

I think it becomes an issue if Bob Kraft makes it an issue.

I really don't see how Goodell can ignore this, even though I think the tampering rule is silly.

For Goodell it's all about perception and when an owner openly tampers so blatantly Goodell has no choice but to have some sort of a fine/compensation (the reason why the Spygate response was so harsh was public perception - which Goodell himself sadly exacerbated)

Woody just openly drove up Revis' asking price and Goodell needs to acknowledge that - or just say its open season for open tampering (the truth is we know that agents and GMs will of course discuss whatever they want in private, and every agent has a good idea of the market for every player)

I really don't see how Goodell can ignore this, even though I think the tampering rule is silly.

For Goodell it's all about perception and when an owner openly tampers so blatantly Goodell has no choice but to have some sort of a fine/compensation (the reason why the Spygate response was so harsh was public perception - which Goodell himself sadly exacerbated)

Woody just openly drove up Revis' asking price and Goodell needs to acknowledge that - or just say its open season for open tampering (the truth is we know that agents and GMs will of course discuss whatever they want in private, and every agent has a good idea of the market for every player)

I can. He's ignored in game sideline tripping of opponents. He's ignored public profanities too profuse to count by the blubbering Warthog....some done in front of children. He's ignored public displays of disgusting gluttony and unbridled endorsement of dangerous eating habits performed in public. He's ignored seedy, deviant, reprehensible toe fetishism..once again for public consumption, easily within reach of children with a few clicks of a mouse.He's ignored blatant, obvious tampering by members of the Jet hierarchy. He's ignored the drunken, spastic, slanderous mutterings of that disgusting drunk, Mike Westhof....the list is almost endless. Goodell obviously does not give a crap about ANY perception when it comes to HIS former employer.

That was the previous season. Mangini turned in the Pats cameraman in the first meeting of the following season for revenge.
Actually, the Jets had a cameraman on the sidelines during their game with the Pats and people questioned the validity of that cameraman. The league swept that under the rug despite even Reiss running with it and pointing out the fact that it was a cameraman and in full Jet's attire. Not in league attire.

Absolutely correct, if nothing is done despite the multitude of precedents and the previous warning to Johnson, then it promotes public tampering which I don't think the owners want since it drives up salaries.

They were sent a memo in late August right before the season started reminding teams they could no longer put their cameras in certain areas of stadiums. Belichick blew off the memo and Mangini let the jets know the Patriots were not following the new protocol.

Actually, there wasn't. One of the first story write-ups mentioned that there had been a memo sent out in August (actually it was the previous September) and this incorrect claim was widely reported. However, the deep investigative reporting of PatsFans has brought the truth to light and you have now been enlightened (should you choose to take advantage of this - be aware that many refuse to admit the truth and continue on repeating falsehoods).

Absolutely correct, if nothing is done despite the multitude of precedents and the previous warning to Johnson, then it promotes public tampering which I don't think the owners want since it drives up salaries.

Good point, maybe the #6 overall isn't enough. How about Wilkerson and the #6?

I didn't like your post either, but not enough to hit the dislike. Here it is;

Your "reasoning" is pathetic.

Just because they aren't good at what they do does not mean they are allowed to break the rules.

Most competent human beings learn that basic lesson before 4th grade.

I never like seeing anyone being insulted here.

I'm guilty of it, however it is almost always directed at the trolls, and imo they have more than earned it.

Mods? Any chance of adjusting the Title to:

"Woody Johnson's Clear Cut Tampering"

...or something of that ilk? :D My Brain hurts every time the current Title appears at the top. :(

I have the perfect penalty and it can be applied to all tampering cases: The tampering team forfeit a draft pick commensurate to the round that the tampered player was drafted in (7th rd for UDFA), plus a reduction in the tampering team's salary cap, in the amount of the highest yearly salary of the tampered players latest contract.

So in the Jets case, it would be the #6 pick and a 25 million dollar deduction form the Jets salary cap for next year. Seems fair to me.

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Feb. 18 stripped the Lions of their 2011 seventh-round pick (205th overall), acquired in a trade with the Denver Broncos, for publicly commenting on their desire to acquire players then under contract to the Kansas City Chiefs
http://blogblitz.nfl.com/detroit-lions
Goodell's order that the Lions and Chiefs exchange fifth-round picks in the April 28-30 draft -- Kansas City receiving the round's ninth selection (140th overall) and Detroit the 23rd (154th overall) -- remains intact."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0900...thround-pick-returned-on-tamperingcase-appeal

So if this gets swept under the rug by Goodell, his theory would mean it's not alright for a coordinator to do this. A person not even in a position to make a real offer. Now we have a case of an owner doing the exact same thing, which actually is worse because he named a specific player.

If it ends up being a slap on the wrist warning it only lends credence to his ineptitude to lead the largest sports industry in the country. If Woody and his Jets are not sanctioned at least as harshly as the Lions were I would be pissed if I was the Ford family or a Lions fan. If this is gets swept under the rug, Goodell should be fired. Of course he won't be, but it's another stain on his already severely tarnished track record.

It will be yet again another shining example of the lack of integrity from the leagues highest ranking employee.

goodell sucks 7.jpg

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Feb. 18 stripped the Lions of their 2011 seventh-round pick (205th overall), acquired in a trade with the Denver Broncos, for publicly commenting on their desire to acquire players then under contract to the Kansas City Chiefs
Goodell's order that the Lions and Chiefs exchange fifth-round picks in the April 28-30 draft -- Kansas City receiving the round's ninth selection (140th overall) and Detroit the 23rd (154th overall) -- remains intact."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0900...thround-pick-returned-on-tamperingcase-appeal

So if this gets swept under the rug by Goodell, his theory would mean it's not alright for a coordinator to do this. A person not even in a position to make a real offer. Now we have a case of an owner doing the exact same thing, which actually is worse because he named a specific player.

If it ends up being a slap on the wrist warning it only lends credence to his ineptitude to lead the largest sports industry in the country. If Woody and his Jets are not sanctioned at least as harshly as the Lions were I would be pissed if I was the Ford family or a Lions fan. If this is gets swept under the rug, Goodell should be fired. Of course he won't be, but it's another stain on his already severely tarnished track record.

It will be yet again another shining example of the lack of integrity from the leagues highest ranking employee.

View attachment 7902

Great post. Agree 100%.

In your research, did you come across anything that shows a timeline. For example, when the infraction occurred, when it was escalated to the league and when Goody issued the punishment?

I would think that the league wants to delay any commentary/judgement until after the Super Bowl but before free agency?

On the other hand, by delaying commentary, the league and Goody run the risk of having the perception of being indecisive and incompetent...oh wait..:rolleyes:

View attachment 7902
You could drop the word well from that picture. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back