Watch SB alone or with others

• Alone

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • With others

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some family, don't think they like watching with me. I swear more than you can imagine. I take this **** seriously

Always with others. You win and lose as a team. How can you not want to watch it with other Pats fans. If I could go to the game I'd be watching it with many more people! ;)

I wish I had Pats fans to watch it with...I have thought about posting a thread here to see if anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area wants to come over and watch at my house.

I just can't handle watching it with Giants fans, and the usual dregs who "hate the Patriots" for no good reason.

For SB 46 I actually flew up to New Hampshire to be with my family, as I just couldn't take it watching with people here.

Last edited:
When the Patriots are in the SB, I cannot chitchat, I cannot play host and make sure people have beers and burgers...

Gee, I can barely focus on timing bathroom breaks and finding some food.

The phone rings? Let it go to voicemail.

Sorry friends. I have Super Bowl parties other years, but not now.

Just my dad. He's just as big a fan as I am. I hate watching sports with people that don't 'get it', let alone the Super Bowl.

All 3 of the SB victories I watched at parties while loving in NYC. The SB we don't mention was the first one I watched while living here in Scottsdale, AZ....I think I watched that one alone with my sort of fan wife as my only decent football watching buddy at the time (my sister...big time Pats fan) was volunteering at the big game. This year I will be hosting a small strict invite only party. I feel that the slight distractions of hosting keeps me from destroying furniture or in general injuring myself....I messed up my shoulder throwing my hat at the TV during the SB we don't mention.

Send the wife over to her sisters and watch it with my brother-in-law...

No distractions..just football and lots of swearing !!

My wife does the swearing with the Patriots. Can't let her watch if the grandkids are around.

I will only watch with my wife. Patriots playoff games and especially SBs are a religious experience for me. I do get lots of exercise doing pushups and kickboxing moves to release the tension.

I will start out with me and my 2 dogs with the fam watching it in the other room. Then if they start doing bad i will let one dog out then another then i will go in the other room and tell the fam to shut the #$%^@#* game off..... so lets hope they do good right off the bat :p

Last edited:
I can only watch it with certain fellow Pats fan (family members normally). My wife wants to have a party for the Super Bowl and has been asking for people to come over for the playoff games, but I ask her "do you really want people to see me freak out when the Pats don't play well?" Needless to say, there's no Super Bowl party at my house this year.

I went over to a neighbor's house for a couple of years and I decided "never again". Half the people really don't care about the game and it's really hard to follow the action much less have an intelligent conversation about it. I expect it will just be my wife and me.

Wow. I'm amazed at the number of people who take it all so seriously, that they must watch it alone. To me, part of enjoying something so special is to be with a few people who can share it and they feel the same. You're all like Tom Cruise on Cast Away watching the game with Wilson.:p

Tom Cruise was never in Castaway.

Safe to say I will be watching this alone with my wife brother and sons. Unfortunately last Super Bowl my wife made the mistake of inviting a couple over who just cheered for the Giants because they were the underdog. In my house. Big mistake.

4th quarter rolled along and I'd had enough of the jabs. I screamed at her to shut f up and go watch it away from me. I then looked at the husband and gave him the look like "defend her honor and I will destroy you."

To say the least, besides looking like a grown adult assclown. We ended up losing the game and my wife lost 2 friends. What a night that was.

So yeah, no more Super bowl parties for me and that suits me just fine.

Glad I'm not the only one who reacts this way to the Patriots.

After SB 42's clock hit 0, I immediately tried to find something completely innocuous to watch... discovery channel or history channel or some crap.

My wife.... wanted... to... watch.... th tropsfhhy prehsenhatainshnnonn.

-
-
-
-
-
-
sorry, regaining my composure here now. Yeah. I have tried to tone it down, but suffice it to say that only a small group of hardcore pats fans will work for me at this point in time.

I cease to exist to my family and friends once the Super Bowl or most Patriots game kickoff. I really act like a mad person. I almost destroyed my wall when we failed to convert the 3rd and 4 to end the game and I almost died when I thought Evans caught that. When Cundiff missed the field goal, it was complete and utter joy. Talk about going from hell to heaven.

With others., 90% of whom will be Giants fans or Eli Manning fans. :violent:

this is a true story...and yes..not only am I superstitious..I'm nutty enough to think this is true....a few months ago I went to the Pro Shop at the Razor to buy early Christmas gifts...while there I bought this toque in the bargain bin...a leftover from 2010...I've worn it the last ten games and have not taken it off until the final second has ticked off....my girl thinks I'm nuts...my brother, a psychologist, wants to have me studied and a case history drawn up...my friends tell me..."make sure you're wearing the hat!!" the last month going into the playoffs... I think it's the hat...I BURNED the one I wore to the previous 2009 Ravens and Jets playoff games...yeah...I'm telling ya'...it's the hat...if any of you guys have a similar experience with any article of clothing, then we MUST collectively wear our superstition without exception!!!!...we need all the help we can get..from wherever it is that this comes from....

42-07449-Y.jpg

Safe to say I will be watching this alone with my wife brother and sons.

Unfortunately last Super Bowl my wife made the mistake of inviting a couple over who just cheered for the Giants because they were the underdog.

In my house.

Big mistake.

4th quarter rolled along and I'd had enough of the jabs.

I screamed at her to shut f up and go watch it away from me.

I then looked at the husband and gave him the look like "defend her honor and I will destroy you."

To say the least, besides looking like a grown adult assclown. We ended up losing the game and my wife lost 2 friends. What a night that was.

So yeah, no more Super bowl parties for me and that suits me just fine.

I'm not even REMOTELY kidding when I say: You did us proud.

~ F ~ those chumps.

I can't watch anyone, I don't want to here anything from anyone.

Send the wife over to her sisters and watch it with my brother-in-law...

No distractions..just football and lots of swearing !!

My kinda guy, buddy.

I'll be doing the exact same.

I couldn't bear the thought of being around other human beings. My wife and dog barely made it through the last game. I paced and kept my mouth shut for the most part, besides the occasional loud swearing.

But I really lost my sh!t when Woodhead fumbled the kickoff after going down 17-16. I thought that may be it.

I really lost it man. Throwing stuff, screaming at the TOP of my lungs.

The playoffs aren't "fun" to me, but the pinnacle is quickly approaching at it will be all worth it with another victory.

The last SB matchup with the NYG, I had to watch it in my girlfriend's house.

Her family is part of the ignorancy that is Steeler nation.

Needless to say, after the TD to Moss to put us up late in the game, they began to realize that their "hope" was quickly fading out the window.

Her dad decided that it was now a perfect time to began a do-it-yourself home project, so he began furiously pounding a hammer and nails into the wall...partially because he was nervous, and partially because he wanted to ruin it for me.

I will never, ever, ever forget that effing final drive, and everything that went into it. The dropped INT's, the ref "starting" to blow the whistle in the grasp, and every tense moment....all while hearing an effing hammer pound 5 feet from my face.

It was worse than a bad acid trip. It will forever be engrained in my psyche.

SB parties are too distracting, so that's out. I still haven't decided whether to invite a few friends over to watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back