PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB ride off in sunset if he wins one more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you smoking? I'll take a SB over a bunch of years of underachieving and false hope.

In relacement of Belichick....nah, not me. Not for one SB, sorry. Not in the scenario of having to have a whole new coach/era next yr, it's just not worth it in my opinion. I am a enormous BB supporter. Not winning the SB isn't life or death---to be completely honest you'd be happy for a long time during the offseason, and then reality would set in that the whole magical thing is probably over. (Not saying that the team could never compete again, b/c I do not believe that, just that the best coach ever in the history of the game would now be gone..and that'd make a gigantic difference.

Now if you said 2 more SB's, then I'd listen.

We're witnessing an era of always being able to compete with every single team in the league, week after week. Every single Sunday's a treat for me.

-------------

And with all respect, I'm not getting your statement of "underachieving" in the slightest. This team just went 14-2 in a rebuilding yr. To me, that's far from underachieving. We were the only team to ever go 18-0, not even MIA did that in '72. A perfect regular season etc is not "underachieving." Neither is losing Tom Brady and still going 11-5 with a playoff shot on the line during one of the final games of the NFL season. Not underachieving.

Actually I'd say we were a lot closer to OVER achieving than under achieving.

There's no "false hope" for me. I've had a ton of hope, and will continue to do so every single Sunday that Bill Belichick is here as a coach.

No more mind games, coy injury details, messing with the media, infamous pressers. No more chess moves, no more shots of the sideline seeing him fire up and coach the defense. (???)

Not for one more good season ending in a SB win....HELL NO. I'd much rather be guaranteed a playoff spot for the next 10-12 yrs. That's not false hope, that's knowing that you are part of a fanbase that can hold your head just as high as everyone else--if not higher.

What your saying is incredibly short sighted, although I can understand and respect it. My point is this...no one really cares that the N.Orleans Saints won the SB in 2009. It's long forgotten by just about everyone. Ask the Steelers if they care right now about winning in 2008. They're still heartbroken from this February. Time moves on--and to have BB as a continued part of our team here, means a hell of a lot more to me (personally) than ONE more season that will be forgotten about when the next one starts. Belichick is a LOT more valuable to me than that.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing it. Unless we're missing something (entirely possible), I haven't seen any indication that he's itching to do anything else.

The "next coach" bit falls perfectly in line with his dry wit.

This is the correct answer. He smirked when he said it; the humor comes from the likelihood that BB will probably be in NE longer than Mayo.

BB as Director of Football Operations? Against that move look at how hands on BB is. He loves coaching up the new kids on the block. He always gets right in there with the D bench pre-empting even Romeo Crennell in his heyday often outlining defensive strategies during a game.

Who do these people think IS the director of football operations now?? LOL Bill has total control here. Not that he wouldn't command the same deal elsewhere, but he likes working for his boss and you have one on any team. Some of them are egotistical football morons and some of them are pure self promoting egomaniacs. Bill has indicated as recently as last season he is enjoying the hell out of coaching and he appreciates working in the environment he helped the Krafts create here. He's a teacher as his parents were and football is his subject. He won't quit teaching until he's too infirm to and if he tires of it at the NFL level he will go to college. A perfect fit for him would be to wind down in his dotage as the HC of the (in his youth legendary) Navy team he grew up around...

Can hardly wait until Coughlin eventually gets the boot and all the return to the Giants crap commences yet again...

I could deff see him leaving after another and i wouldn't blame him..all i want is 1 more with the BB and Brady era..3 is nice..but it's been a while..1 more will seal it

He is a football coach with the perfect situation. In an area that loves him, has 100% support of ownership, has enjoyed lots of success and remains driven to win more.

I do not see him going anywhere for a very long time - which to me is freaking AWESOME!!!

Let's try winning another SB first.

Last edited:
I doubt it, BB lives,dream,and breathes football. What would he do without it?

Last edited:
I could definitely see Brady retiring after one more SB. In fact, I think it's more than likely. Belichick, on the other hand, no.

I could definitely see Brady retiring after one more SB. In fact, I think it's more than likely. Belichick, on the other hand, no.

If it doesn't come until 2016...maybe. But for a guy who treasures the next one above all the others to walk away with 4 while a shot at a whole handful remains?? Not gonna happen.

We really need the season to start. Tired of these doom and gloom threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News