PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB FINALLY address the Pass Rush in the 1st rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams who reach for positions of need struggle in the long term. BB definitely takes his needs, but he won't reach.

Bill definitely did not take his needs last year; and he would not have had to reach for them, either.
Jabaal Sheard was avail. at 33, Justin Houston at 56, Sam Acho at 74, David Carter at 159,
and Cliff Matthews (or Greg Romeus, Jeremy Beal, et.al.) at 219. And not one of those players
would have been considered a reach had they been taken at those spots.

Last edited:
My guess, he trades out of #31 and takes a pass rusher mid-second round. I like Vinny Curry and Shea McClellan at that spot.

There's not enough love for Ronnell Lewis here I feel. Has two big plusses as a potential Patriot. Firstly, he's a special teams ace, important as that's the kindergarten for developing Patriot prospects. Second, he's stout against the run and has a very good motor and excellent upper body strength. Starting to like him as my choice.

I wouldn't mind having Ronnell Lewis here, but I don't think he should be the first Pass-Rusher
drafted here, either. Bill absolutely must acquire one of Mercilus, Branch, Perry, Curry or McClellin
before they're all gone (I will ass-ume that Coples, Ingram & Upshaw will be taken well before 27).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News