PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is Our Best Choice At RT?

I am hoping for a marked improvement in the mental side of the line - reduction in false starts, quicker identification of blitzers (like when the right edge moves wayyy outside ... maybe alert to that Left Tackle?!)

The interior of the Oline looks very good. Almost on par with a team like the Chiefs. But the tackle position looks shaky. If only Trent Brown looked in shape a lot of us would feel better.

I agree with everyone that the offensive tackle positions are a problem as I write this. They have been a problem for the past couple of years. Why this is not fixed is beyond my understanding. Why is this still a discussion, Bill?

Can anyone say with 100% certainty that “He who blocks the Sun alone” Mr Trent Brown has EVER shown up, in shape, and ready to go from day 1? I think being of that weight (370/380+?) your whole year would need to be dedicated to being in game day shape. When I actually worked out and was in somewhat shape, it was a ***** once you plateau out and I was only a whole 260 so I cannot even begin to imagine what he would need to get into shape.

Hey let’s not give BB any ideas of kicking the tires on Nate Solder or trying to bring back SeaBass…

I agree with everyone that the offensive tackle positions are a problem as I write this. They have been a problem for the past couple of years. Why this is not fixed is beyond my understanding. Mac Jones needs protection because he has a slow release. OTs are to close that line. Why is this still a discussion Bill?
The answer to this is obvious. They don’t think tackle is a problem. That they will make do with what they have…turn lead into gold etc etc. :). Kinda like how Cam NotSoNewton would be a perfect fit.

This sequence doesn't create confidence in Anderson - against the Chargers he lost every which way. He's supposed to be smart and athletic, but here he loses badly against both speed and power:

As a run blocker:

I agree. A bit concerning. Anderson is battling Bosa, I think, so that is a tough assignment. In the first clip, the QB is 10 yards back so it is very hard to stop Bosa running so far upfield. The third clip is scary, Bosa runs over Andersen. What can you say? OUCH! Let's hope Klemm has his big boy pants on.

I don’t really have the answers but I think between Brown, Reiff, Anderson, McDermott, and Sow we will end up with acceptable tackle play on both sides. Sow may take a few weeks to crack the lineup.

I don’t really have the answers but I think between Brown, Reiff, Anderson, McDermott, and Sow we will end up with acceptable tackle play on both sides. Sow may take a few weeks to crack the lineup.

You forgot Stueber ;-)

The answer to this is obvious. They don’t think tackle is a problem. That they will make do with what they have…turn lead into gold etc etc. :). Kinda like how Cam NotSoNewton would be a perfect fit.
Can't add "like" and "ha-ha" at the same time

If Sow can be a starting offensive tackle in his first season, he is quite a draft steal.

If Sow can be a starting offensive tackle in his first season, he is quite a draft steal.
FWIW, his college coach said that if they had two of him, they would have played the Sow twins at tackle and guard.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back