PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wich team don't you dislike in the Nfl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grudging admiration for the Steelers, the coach, the ownership, their style. Had some college friends from there. Decent fans.

OTOH, I grew up in Philly. Know a few Iggles fans. I truly enjoyed SB39.

Well, for teams that I do mind see winning, as long as it is not the expense of the Patriots....

1. Pittsburgh - From top to bottom a very consitent organization, they do not suffer the bipolar disorder of most of the NFL.

2. San Fran - proud organization made humble. Hopefully they can rebuild.

3. Carolina - tough team. Also sympathise with a fan base knowing that thier team is number 2, for them to cars making left turns.

I really couldn't see myself rooting against these teams except when playing NE of course:

Saints
Lions
Seahawks
Cardinals
Bills (I don't know why, I just don't dislike them)
Jaguars
Browns
Ravens
Chargers

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone sucks but us.Period.

Cin-Chad Johnson is very tiresome
Dal- Ex-players? Do you root for ex-wives as well?
Mia-classless
Pit- see Miami

Here is my list.

SF 49'ers - Mostly for sentimental reasons like many have mentioned... needed someone to root for when Pats were out of it.. and they are a CLASS act organization and I think Kraft modeled a lot of what he does after them.
( I remember a story about a 49er O-Lineman getting hurt in a game in NY and the owner taking the team plane back to CA and leaving his private Jet to take back the player when he got out of the hospital.. think it was holidays) - Class act.

Way, way back- really liked Dallas, mostly the "Americas team" stuff and so forth.. hated them for a while,and are kinda optimisitically keeping an eye on them now.

Panthers - Like a lot of folks have already said.. They remind me of the pats in a lot of ways. However, I was soured slightly when Delhomme was pulling some Peyton style whining to refs and pouting, but he seems to be over it.

Bengals - Liked them quite a bit back in the day - kind of an underdog thing. Plus, I have always liked the uniforms... don't know why.. just think they are cool. Though, I don't really like Chad Johnsons antics.... the rest of the team is pretty blue collar.

Teams I hate - I hate the Colts. I really do. Mostly it is Manning and his whole whiner schtick.. plus throwing his line under the bus has to be one of the biggest @$$hole things any player has ever done. Archie should have taught his sons SOMETHING about team and sportsmanship, instead he basically encouraged them to be selfish pricks... JMO - Props to Marvin Harrison though, for being a class act even when surrounded with such idiocy--wish he could get traded here and win a SB.

Teams I kinda dislike - The Jets annoy me... or should I say the media makes me dislike the jets... they get WAY too much hype from the media and always have.... "Oh, I love them.. kissy kissy... the Jets.. Chad Pennington.. Curtis... Oh they are SOOO great!" Christ, give it a rest. I just don't understand it... I wondered if it was because they are in NY.. but then there is this Manning lovefest thing... Anyway, the colts, giants and san diego kinda fall into this category too.. mostly the media annoys me, except for the colts, less so the team.

Players are the real pet peeve for me.. Just can't stand certain players... Peyton and Eli... Chad Johnson for his big mouth, taking away from what is a great team accomplishment.... TO....Ricky Williams... Ray Lewis... etc.. Yup, Ty Law....is on my hate list too. I just can't get behind guys that put themselves above and before the team/game.. I really can't.. I know a lot of all of their Crap is just posturing and such, but if you are willing to PORTRAY yourself as a complete selfish Pr$ck for a few bucks more, than that's exactly what you are. I really root against these kind of players and hope they never win a DAMN thing ever... and they can comfort themselves by spending the "extra" money on drugs/alcohol/etc. to numb the emptiness while they whither away into oblivion.
:singing:

The Steelers

They did 2 things that brought a smile to my face in the 2005 season...

1.) After that 41-17 drubbing the Chargers gave the Pats, the sucky SD CBs were boldly talking smack in the locker room. The following week, Pittsburgh beat them at SD on MNF.

2.) I'll give you 3 guesses. HINT: it had to do with "protection issues". :rofl:

I have a real hard time hating the Detroit Lions......

they are so bland, boring, hapless and rudderless.

come to think of it though, I'm forced to watch them every Thanksgiving, on a full stomach and being so friggin' boring to watch they make me sick.

I hate them

Last edited:
My second team has always been the Steelers.

I wouldn't say I root for these teams, but here are the teams I check in on with the Sunday Ticket:

Lions: I was a huge Chris Spielman guy growing up. My all-time favorite non-patriot. Always loved his toughness, always wanted him to be a Patriot. And the fact that they had Barry Sanders didn't hurt.

Panthers: Brother in law is from Carolina and he's over every Sunday, very respectful fans, seem like a very well-run team. Julius Peppers is a very dynamic player to watch.

Texans: I have friends in the Houston area - got me into the Super Bowl when it was there, feels like I should follow the team out of common courtesy.

Cleveland: just started this year, cause I would like to see Romeo succeed (to a degree).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patjew
Indy
Miami
Jets
Steelers

italianpatthepatriot said:
you mentioned some of the teams i dislike more (pls put also Den, Oak and Bal)
I was just kidding! I hate all of those teams, especially Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likeable teams:
The Panthiz - well coached, classy players
The Chaagiz - just like 'em, poorly coached
The Bills - although they're an object of pity

Arizona
Minnesota (until Cullpepper left)

I'll like the Vikings if they stay in Minny and move outdoors. I hate all dome teams. I'm so happy we didn't build one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes