PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wich team don't you dislike in the Nfl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RayClay said:
Though they have some loudmouths, the Steelers.

Consistent smashmouth offense, always great defense.

And the ability to score TDs without breaking the plane.
whistle.gif

Other NFL teams I like:

1.) Carolina. Tough team, cool fans. What's NOT to like about the Cats.
2.) Dallas. I used to live in Dallas for a shortime.

NFL teams I don't hate:

1.) Seattle
2.) Chicago

Last edited by a moderator:
My fav teams:

1. Pats (duh)
2. Giants (I grew up in Connecticut where half of the people were Pats fans and the other half were Giants fans. Interestingly, I didn't know any Jets fans growing up out there.)
3. Cowboys (lots of former Pats over there now)

I like the Panthers.

Still waiting for that rematch to SB XXXVIII, the best Super Bowl ever.

I don't dislike

PITT our rivals, and always a well-run, successful team
DALLAS I like Parcells

I don't dislike most teams. There are some I hate - the rest of the AFC East, Indy, Pitt, Oakland, Denver, Dallas, and a couple more.

I really could care less either way about the other teams. I mean what is there to dislike about teams like Houston, Detroit, etc.

Michael said:
The Cowboys. They're NFC and I consider them to be the Patriots minor league. :rofl:

I can't stand the laundry, but like a lot of the Cowboys players - I like a lot of the moves Parcells has made - Bledsoe, Fabini, Julius Jones DeMarcus Ware, Jason Whitten, - even a 2nd chance for a well behaved Terry Glen all seem like decent football moves.

I'll root for them in the NFC and hope we have a Bill vs. Bill, Brady vs. Bledsoe Super Bowl. Hey maybe it'll even come down to a final kick to win or lose it by Vanderjerk!

Yes, I'll play.

Pats apart, the liking for other teams is limited and conditional.

When I first watched the NFL, I liked the Chargers (Dan Fouts, Air Coryell, yeah!!) then I had a soft spot for the 49ers (need you ask why?) Especially when the Pats were nowhere, it was nice to have a team you liked in the play-offs, the more so when so many of the teams you really hate were being successful. But that liking has now disappeared. My dislikes are much more permanent (Washington, Dallas, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis).

Now I somewhat like Cleveland because of Romeo and the honest, blue-collar fan base. I have a lot of respect for the Panthers.

The only originality I'll claim is that I don't have a particular hatred for our divisional rivals. If (heaven forbid) we were out of the playoffs, I'd want any AFC East team left to do well (hateful though the Jets and Dolphins trolls here certainly are).

I liked the way Jake Delhome handled himself in the bowl and after. He rubbed his own face in his loss as a motivating tool. I think I made a little connection with him when he talked about how the ushers were rousting him off the field after the game was over and it was time for the post-game show. It sort of made him seem like a regular person, since none of us will be able to walk on an NFL field.

The old Pack certainly, and I have a slight fondness for the Giants, probably 'cause they were our only team for a while. Even though that was before I was born.

I think I'd like the Steelers if it wasn't for Bill Cowher's chin. That chin pisses me off.

The Panthers. I live in North Carolina so it's natural for me to root for them (except when they are playing the Pats). Plus they're a good, well-disciplined team with a good coaching staff.

Two teams that I respect because they seem to build their teams like the Pats is Carolina and San Diego. Last year the Chargers fans were generally well behaved when visiting here before our game and even after when they waxed us so bad.

I really despise Denver but I have to give them kudos for how they handled the draft this year...absolutely oustanding with their trades and picks.

Last edited:
Indy
Miami
Jets
Steelers

My second team has always been the Saints. Not sure why, but I am excited about this season now that Aaron Brooks is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
PromisedLand said:
The Panthers. I live in North Carolina so it's natural for me to root for them (except when they are playing the Pats). Plus they're a good, well-disciplined team with a good coaching staff.

I'll agree with that. And they scared the s**t out of me in the Super Bowl.

italianpatthepatriot said:
no RayClay...please...not PIT...

I guess I think of it as respect. The Steelers don't overspend, they're consistent and they're tough.

I don't really like or dislike anyone, but I have a healthy respect for certain rivals.

The Bungles have a ways to go before they earn my respect, although I do like their coach.

Teams I can tolerate...

1) San Diego SuperChargers - their fans are pretty cool when I've seen the Pats play in SD. Although, if they keep kicking our A** they way they have the last 2 times they may drop off the list.

2) Carolina Panthers - they seem to play good solid football like us and I like Coach Fox. He seems like a good guy.

3) JAX Jaguars - cool uniforms and they seem to let us beat them when it counts in the playoffs.

Teams I HATE, HATE HATE:
1) Miami Dolphins - most over hyped team of the last 25 years.
2) Denver Broncos - over the years they seem to have had our number.
3) Oakland Raiders - bunch of babies. They are forever living in the past.

Patjew said:
Indy
Miami
Jets
Steelers
Pat, at the risk of insulting your intelligence, you do understand the theme of this thread, right?

There are a number of teams I hold some admiration for.

The Giants being one. The NFL wouldn't be the NFL without the Giants.

The Steelers. I give them respect. I think they deserve it.

The Bengals.

The Packers. Again, essential to the NFL. Great history.

The Chargers. Don't really know why.

My mom grew up as a Giants fan because their games were broadcast up here before the Patriots came into the league in 1960. She is the one who taught me football, so I have always kept an eye on the Giants out of homage to my mom and grandfather. An added bonus was that cute defensive coordinator the Giants had in the 1980's....... The first time I remember seeing him was when the Giants won the NFC Championship game against the Niners sending them to SB 21. He was in that red satin Giants jacket with a towel around the back of his neck tucked into the collar of his jacket. He was up on the shoulders of LT and I think Harry Carson, don't quote me on him though. Anyway, he had this incredible happy smile on his face, unlike the smug smile on Tuna's face. I remember thinking how cute this guy was......I was 13 at the time! Who knew that cute guy would bring MY team to the promised land 15 years later!

Patjew said:
Indy
Miami
Jets
Steelers

you mentioned some of the teams i dislike more (pls put also Den, Oak and Bal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back