PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why should Belichick get a pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in conversation is how 99.999% of other coaches/gm's would never have gotten a peek at a 12-3 season if their traditionally built/top-heavy teams had suffered the kind of injuries the Patriots have had this year.

If Triumph and Salem arent killing BB over kicking off to start OT, that should tell you something.

Surprising, sure but certainly not unprecedented.

The point is not the number of yards, plus or minus. The point is to guarantee NE having at least ONE opportunity to score....and NE chose the one option that relinquished that guarantee.
not so much in this case. The jests hadn't scored a td sinc 9:19 of the third quarter. The pats had only managed one td drive all day. Brady was getting hit every time he dropped back. The odds were at least reasonable to think that the patriots were better off hoping to stop the jets. Get the ball in decent field position and advance the ball in just enough field position to give gostkowski a shot at an fg. It didn't work out, but if it had it would now be part of Belichick's legend.

Every time people complain about his drafts we look back and see he schooled everyone.
Every time he cuts a player people yell foul and it turns out to be the right move.

In BB we trust

Except for Ridley and Revis today but yeah overall...

I can understand the decision. The defense on that drive was heinous, however.

Pick play on the Enunwa reception helped a lot. No call but Blakeman's crew didn't call those all game.

What did we do vs Denver when we got the ball first in OT this year. Squat, which lead to Denver getting good field position to kick the fg.

A couple years ago when we kicked to Denver first we won in OT.

BB is correct when he says he does what the thinks is best for the team at that moment. It doesn't mean it will always workout, nothing in life or football is perfect.

I would love to hear anyone's reasoning on why the Pats had a good shot at driving 80 yards for a TD when it was pulling teeth just to score one TD on offense all game. Unless you can make that argument, it's pointless to question the choice to kick. It's like half the people here didn't get the memo on the new OT rules a few years back.

If Triumph and Salem arent killing BB over kicking off to start OT, that should tell you something.

Surprising, sure but certainly not unprecedented.

Whats wrong now Skippy?

You cant see that defense was actually playing better?

I would love to hear anyone's reasoning on why the Pats had a good shot at driving 80 yards for a TD when it was pulling teeth just to score one TD on offense all game. Unless you can make that argument, it's pointless to question the choice to kick. It's like half the people here didn't get the memo on the new OT rules a few years back.

Precisely

If the D had made the stop I like Brady getting in FG range a whole lot better in this game.

Whats wrong now Skippy?

You cant see that defense was actually playing better?

Huh? I am agreeing with you as I have been on point about this issue for a while. I will say it again. If you two agree it was a reasonable call it must be since you guys have known to be pretty critical of BB.

Like I said, at worst it was surprising that they kicked off. It certainly wasnt unprecedented that they did it seeing in 2013 they did again against MANNING and it worked.

I had no issue with it. It was a 4th and 2 type call.

Yeah, that guy who got the pick. Remember him?
Answer the question. You bring up Revis as some sort of mistake. So, are you saying because he made a pick tonight that is was a mistake not spending 39 million guaranteed on a guy who Butler is playing as well as.

Please tell me you are not saying that.

Pick play on the Enunwa reception helped a lot. No call but Blakeman's crew didn't call those all game.

Which is fine. Just don't select one OPI play on Gronk or another Patriot that calls back a big gain/score based on 'letting it go' every other play. Either call some/most of them or call none of them. It is otherwise a specific competitive advantage being given to one team....

Huh? I am agreeing with you as I have been on point about this issue for a while. I will say it again. If you two agree it was a reasonable call it must be since you guys have known to be pretty critical of BB.

Like I said, at worst it was surprising that they kicked off. It certainly wasnt unprecedented that they did it seeing in 2013 they did again against MANNING and it worked.

When have been critical of BB?

Have any examples to show us?

When have been critical of BB?

Have any examples to show us?

Gee I cant remember specifics. All I was saying is that you and Salem arent homer type posters who just blindly defend BB at every move.

If you could not see it as sort of a compliment I dont know what to tell you.

I had no issue with it. It was a 4th and 2 type call.

Now THAT call was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents