PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why does Brady struggle in Miami during this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year it seemed as if we just coasted at the end of the year. Now it seems like he have our pedal on the floor and I love it

It's possible that I'm misremembering (Roger Clemens, anyone) but I recall his pass while sitting down being against the Browns at home that same year (which was a completion and first down on a third and 6 play).

You ain't misremembering, though I think the home game was vs da Bungles one week earlier. Unfortunately, that completion gave him the over-confidence to try it again in Miami.

Divisional, away games are always dicey. Add to it an extreme temp/humidity swing, and everyone is likely to be uncomfortable.

I don't know how anyone can play sports in FL. I nearly died just going for a medium-long run the other day down there... and it's December. I'd need to run around with an IV during the summer I sweat so much...

I think it has everything to do with the heat and humidity.

I don't know how anyone can play sports in FL. I nearly died just going for a medium-long run the other day down there... and it's December. I'd need to run around with an IV during the summer I sweat so much...

You've just explained the whole of Florida, not just sports.

1. Because the dolphins are usually out of contention at that point so their only consolation is to make that game their Superbowl. Hard to match intensity with a loser.

2. Auditioning for their interim coach or prospective regime

3. Jason Taylor used to eat Matt lights lunch.

4. In the early years, surtain and Madison would severely limit the top 2 receiver options.

5.dolphins admitted in 2005 to illegally obtaining a 3rd party tape with Brady's calls and signals. They boldy credited that fact for the reason for their victory

None of this will matter on Sunday.

1. Because the dolphins are usually out of contention at that point so their only consolation is to make that game their Superbowl. Hard to match intensity with a loser.

2. Auditioning for their interim coach or prospective regime

3. Jason Taylor used to eat Matt lights lunch.

4. In the early years, surtain and Madison would severely limit the top 2 receiver options.

5.dolphins admitted in 2005 to illegally obtaining a 3rd party tape with Brady's calls and signals. They boldy credited that fact for the reason for their victory

None of this will matter on Sunday.
The LOLphins admitted to matching up the audio to previous game tape, and they shut out the Pats 21-0 (IIRC).

It did not occur during the 2005 season though. It happened in 2006.

The league seems to be making a concerted effort to have the pats in Miami in December and them up here early in the season. Surely an effort to tilt the tables Miami's way via weather. Played down there in December in 3/4 last seasons....
This will be even more prevalent in the future since the league mandated the last 2 weeks of every season will be division games across the league...

last year it was because the Pats game plan was to hand it off to Steven Jackson for 1 yard up the middle, over & over & over & over & over. I was there, sadly.

The league seems to be making a concerted effort to have the pats in Miami in December and them up here early in the season. Surely an effort to tilt the tables Miami's way via weather. Played down there in December in 3/4 last seasons....
This will be even more prevalent in the future since the league mandated the last 2 weeks of every season will be division games across the league...

I do recall that for many years (2000-2007ish) Dolphins fans would complain that they always had to play us in Foxboro in the freezing weather/snow late in the year and it was the reason why they always lost. Seems the NFL fixed that issue - seems we always play them at home in December the last 8-10 yrs. So perhaps weather does have something to do with it.

because he's distracted by smoking hot MIA cheerleaders?

Other possibilities:

Fear of sinkholes
Bad experience from eating a day old cuban sandwich (should have stuck with the cubans in Tampa :))
Bad experience from an embarrassing attempt to do the Macarena
Gator alley - enough said
He finds pink colored houses and neon distracting

You people forget about the ideal gas law. Clearly it is because the balls are overinflated!

Wasn't it against the Dolphins when Bruschi intercepted a pass and got a pick6 and did snow angels in the endzone while fans were tossing snow into the air? What was that, like 2006? Think I remember Tedy saying that was his favorite memory as a player.

Seems ever since then we've always played in Miami in the winter. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist... but if the shoe fits...

Last edited:
Wasn't it against the Dolphins when Bruschi intercepted a pass and got a pick6 and did snow angels in the endzone while fans were tossing snow into the air? What was that, like 2006? Think I remember Tedy saying that was his favorite memory as a player.

Seems ever since then we've always played in Miami in the winter. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist... but if the shoe fits...

bruschi12072003.jpg

2003... I was there... helluva scene.

:)

Because Giselle is at the beach in a string bikini while he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents