PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Squish the fish in Miami and the 2023 season is back on. A lighter stretch of the schedule starts after next week.

Pats ended a non weather aided losing streak against Buffalo with their first legit win against them since Brady left so why not do the same against Tua.

Hope Jonathan Jones is close to 100%, he's been Tyreek Hill's daddy lately. Waddle's injury is worth watching.

Last edited:
Before the season my goal was to be 3-5 heading into that 5 game stretch starting with the commanders game, if they can get there this way it would be much better than the route i had predicted.

Im still a long way from being a believer again though, we will find out if the last 6 quarters from this offense is a trend or just taking advantage of a weak or banged up defense.

Hoping we have uche and/or white for this one.

Reactions: sb1
Dolphins looked pretty bad last night against a good team.

can our defense hold them down again?

It's going to be tough. In Miami is such a different animal than playing the Dolphins everywhere else. We no longer have Gonzalez, but have Jack, Jon, and JC, who all weren't here last time (and Marcus got hurt during the first game I think?), so that could go either way. Judon is a big missing piece, though given how quickly Tua was getting the ball out last time, his impact was minimized in general. It's a different test than Buffalo: More speed, more motion, it'll take probably their best defensive game of the season to hold them to 24 again. Big question is can the offense build on last week and win another 30-27 kind of game? Let's hope!

Offense gotta pull its weight play aggressive from start to finish we are not expected to win.

It's going to be tough. In Miami is such a different animal than playing the Dolphins everywhere else. We no longer have Gonzalez, but have Jack, Jon, and JC, who all weren't here last time (and Marcus got hurt during the first game I think?), so that could go either way. Judon is a big missing piece, though given how quickly Tua was getting the ball out last time, his impact was minimized in general. It's a different test than Buffalo: More speed, more motion, it'll take probably their best defensive game of the season to hold them to 24 again. Big question is can the offense build on last week and win another 30-27 kind of game? Let's hope!
Need Tyquan to have a strong practice and game.

Will be interesting to see if it's the same approach as last time. I think they should pay more attention to Mostert as he did a lot of damage on the ground.

It’s almost November so Miami is about to turn back into a pumpkin. Hopefully they do it this week a little early.

Look bad against a Great Team Philly have o weakness.

This is the game where we'll know if this win flipped a switch for the team, if it snaps the error-laded curse they've been under and unleashes their true potential... or, we'll lose and be back to "tank talk".
All about pressuring Tua early and not letting any offensive rhythm develop. And another clean game by our O.

Miami is pretty banged up on O and D. Weather has been mild. There's a chance.

Dolphins only got 1 TD with that perfect 50yd bomb at the end of the 1st half, and the luck tip Pick-6 at the beginning of 2nd half.
That's 2 TD's and a FG (Hill dropped a TD)
If we can provide 1/2 of the D pressure Philly did, we have a chance.

Also, people rave about Hurts performance and still hating Mac... Look at their respective stat lines from these games:
Hurts - 23/31 279 2TD/1INT Rushing - 11/21 1 TD
Mac - 25/30 272 2TD 3/11

Dolphins were the very early Super Bowl favorite, but now the media is backing off saying their offense won't work when the weather gets colder and they aren't a physical team. Defense also isn't good.

They remind me of the late Brees Saints teams where they went for big plays and weren't patient.

Dolphins were the very early Super Bowl favorite, but now the media is backing off saying their offense won't work when the weather gets colder and they aren't a physical team. Defense also isn't good.

They remind me of the late Brees Saints teams where they went for big plays and weren't patient.
Not sure about that, they are #1 in rushing. They're just capable of chunk plays w/ Hill & Waddle. Three of their starting OL were out against PHI's very good DL and were held to 45 yds. Agree their D isn't good but should get better when they get Howard & Ramsey back.

Dolphins aren't legit SB contenders. Going back to last season, they have only defeated dregs of the league. Whenever they face an elite team or very good team, they lose.

I've seen nothing from them to suggest they will beat at least three good teams to make a SB.

Patriots can definitely win this.

They have yet to have an impressive win. They lose to teams that aren't Denver or Carolina tier.

Really hope the Dolphins are looking past us I'm pretty sure Tua is going rest on his laurels against BB.

Dolphins only got 1 TD with that perfect 50yd bomb at the end of the 1st half, and the luck tip Pick-6 at the beginning of 2nd half.
That's 2 TD's and a FG (Hill dropped a TD)
If we can provide 1/2 of the D pressure Philly did, we have a chance.

Also, people rave about Hurts performance and still hating Mac... Look at their respective stat lines from these games:
Hurts - 23/31 279 2TD/1INT Rushing - 11/21 1 TD
Mac - 25/30 272 2TD 3/11
Let's not get carried away Hurts is different Beast who can also Hurt you with his feet no pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back