PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why didn't anyone pick us in 2001?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even BB himself said in retrospect, "How the heck did we beat that team with this group of guys?"

Fans remember the big plays the Pats made to win the game, like Law's pick-6, Harris forcing Proehl's fumble, Otis' INT and every play on that game-winning drive. Most fans forget other huge plays because there was no turnover or score involved, but were equally important: Sacking the Rams out of FG range on two occasions and the D in general stiffening up just outside of FG range. In a 3pt game, those plays were huge. The Rams managed over 400yds total offense, so they indeed were moving the ball. The turnovers were on their half of the field, so it's not like they blew scoring chances with them. They were moving the ball at other times, but typically in ideal situations for the Pats: From deep in their own territory to just outside of FG range. If the Pats' bend-but-don't-break defense bends for two more FGs, they probably lose.

Hitting the crap out of the Rams wasn't the sole reason for victory. Making plays when they absolutely had to be made was the biggest reason.

Regards,
Chris

I remember Joe Theisman picked us in 01. I believe M.Hoge. OK pick yourself up off of the floor did too. And, from the media I believe Sal Paolantonio(sp?) did too.

Joe did pick us to win in '01. Got pretty much ridiculed for it too. Its one of the few reasons why I still like Theisman today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST