PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Were Last Year's Gunners

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a regular defender right now I would consider him less than a JAG I would consider him a non entity but he id much more than a decent STer. He is one of our top two STers, he is a Core STs guy playing on mostly all STs units, he was 2nd in STs tackles as a rookie, he is a really good lead blocker on KR, and although he was scary with the ball in his hands as a rookie there is still potential for him to be a good returner.

I think this team is really deep and he could be one of many tough cuts but if it happens it wont be because he just a decent STer because he is really good there, it would just be a numbers crunch and some other team would be really thrilled to get him.

IMO he makes this team.

I considered Kelly Washington by far our best special teamer the past 2 years, but that didn't stop us from letting him go. Slater may be a solid STer, but I don't see him as irreplaceable by any means.

Have only read a few of the posts, but the guys I saw flying down the field getting the first hits on the returners were: Slater, Ventrone, Washington, Aiken and at some times, Lewis Sanders. There was also the odd time that Merriweather got there as well.

I think that all 3 of Slater, Ventrone and Aiken make the team for this.

Bill has already said how teams work on double teaming Ventrone and with Slater's speed and Aiken's intelligence on Special Teams, they make an awesome ST trio when together on the same side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News