PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was your first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first jersey was a Bledsoe blue jersey, when I was 5 years old.

Now I've got the following current players:
Brady (blue, white, and silver)
Welker (white)
Meriweather (blue)
Mayo (blue)
F. Taylor (Blue)
Branch (blue, #83 though)

I also have a large selection of players no longer with the team. I fortunately have found a good supplier in China, that actually delivers quality jerseys - so fortunately I've been able to get a lot of Pats and B's jerseys of high quality. There's a lot of garbage over there, fortunately I found one of the good guys and my friends and I pool up and order frequently.

My first jersey was a red Irving Fryar jersey back in the late 80s or early 90s. I remember wearing it to school and people always asked me, "Why does it say Fryar on the back of your Rice jersey?" The Patriots weren't exactly popular back then!!

Jacob

In 1985 I was looking for an Andre Tippett #56 jersey but the Bruins Pro Shop was out - I settled on #55, which was Don Blackmon. There was a great picture in SI later that year of Don Blackmon straddling the prone Dan Marion in the "Squish The Fish" game. He was no Hall of Famer, but a solid player for a number of years.

My first jersey was a Curtis Martin. I bought it just before the 1996 season. After he left I bought a Chris Slade jersey...then he left. And thus it began...

My uncle, Mosi Tatupu, was the first jersey I had.

I've currently got a Brady (blue, and TC red), and a Welker. I'm going to get a Woodhead and Gronkowski jersy too though.

My first was a SB XX, " Beat da Bears " shirt.

There wasn't much of that stuff around before that.

I have a Brady, Law and Dillon, my wife has her one and only Bruschi.

i ordered today a # 73 John Hannah red throwback

My first jersey was a christmas gift during the 1996 season when I was 10 years old. It was actually a Terry Glenn REVERSABLE jersey. You could switch between the home and away jersey by turning it inside out. It's probably one of the Christmas gift I received as a kid that I'll never forget (even if Terry Glenn turned out to be pretty forgettable).

The jersey itself was an interesting concept since both jersey's still looked pretty authetic (although the numbers weren't sewn in). It makes me wish they didn't stop making these kind of jerseys.

I'm dating myself here, but Steve Grogan back in the day...

Antowain Smith #32 first.

Richard Seymour next, both in home blues.

I'm hesitant to get another these days - happy with hoodies and the like.

I really liked the grey winter coats the coaches were wearing against the Bills.

Brady. I am trying desperately to find McCourty and Chung. I'd also still like a Vrabel jersey, though he's no longer with our beloved.

Brady. Always had a bunch of T-shirts but never a single particular player until I got by first Brady jersey in 03.

I'm not really a jersey kinda guy so I've never bought one. I do have a real (replica, whatever you call it, the $$ kind) jersey for another team, for a player that almost no one outside of that city has ever heard of (and even then, newer fans wouldn't know him) but it was a gift from my friends as we share the same last name and his number was the age I was turning on that birthday

Corey Dillon....

Vrabel Second.

Last edited:
Brady. I am trying desperately to find McCourty and Chung. I'd also still like a Vrabel jersey, though he's no longer with our beloved.

The Pats Pro Shop twitter feed mentioned last night that McCourty jerseys have been ordered and should be in very soon.

Check on eBAY for Vrabel jerseys, could get one for a good price.

Red #81 Russ Francis way back when I was in high school.
Too old to wear jerseys now.
I just stick with the Patriot sweat shirts now.

How old are you?

NFL jerseys are perfect for autumn weather.

If I had to, I'd even add a Jets jersey to my wardrobe.

Chris Slade Jersey, 1997

I got from a shady looking booth outside the Superdome before Super Bowl XXXI, still got it but it is pretty ugly!

The Pats Pro Shop twitter feed mentioned last night that McCourty jerseys have been ordered and should be in very soon.

Check on eBAY for Vrabel jerseys, could get one for a good price.

Thanks, 102!:)

Home Ty Law, home Bledsoe, home Chris Slade, home Bethel Johnson, away Welker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft