PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was your first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Bledsoe

nat-251.gif

Yeah that's the one, I got it in Somerville too actually (looking at your location.)

I'm not big into jerseys (39 yrs old) but I got it as a gift. I've worn it 3 times.

SB 42 (not in AZ but wore it to a party)
2008 Opener
2009 Div Playoff Game BAL @ NE

All 3 times Brady got rocked.

It will never be worn again.

Sticking with my grey hoodie. :D

Bledsoe, 90's edition...that thing got so thread bare it just disintegrated around 2000

currently got the throwback Mayo...loves me some Mayo:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I don't get "player jerseys", as in I don't buy them or understand them.

Why would I want a player's jersey? One, they're not comfortable, SEcond, I'm not that player. So it's weird to have someone else's name on your back. What does that make me, his girlfriend? That's what girls in high school used to do. It's kind of an annihilation of self and worship of a different self, a football player.

I have never been a huge jersey guy, but I was given a Bledsoe Jersey for xmas in the early 90's and I just found out I am getting one this year from my sisters new boyfriend.(He is trying to impress me I am sure and apparently has a friend who works for the NFL or something) so I am getting a throwback jersey but not sure who.

Yeah that's the one, I got it in Somerville too actually (looking at your location.)

Haha, cool. :)

I actually don't know where mine was purchased since it was an early Christmas gift given to me when I was visiting Miami. I got to wear it for the Pats @ Dolphins Week 17 MNF game in 1997 where they clinched the division. :D

I'm strongly considering only buying jerseys after guys retire. I don't mind wearing my Harrison blue, but I leave my white Seymour in the closet these days, despite all the great years he gave us.

Yup.

I have a white Grogan, a red Cunningham (Sam), and a red Tatupu.

the next will be a John Hannah or Grogan - suggestions pls ?

last one was Russ Francis red throwback

BRADY , wife bought it for X-mas 2004 :D

Last edited:
I had a 81 Moss jersey (I lived in MN when he was playing for the Vikes).

I just ordered a Custom NFL Jersey:

53 Belichick

That's kind of a personal question isn't it ;)

Nah, my first was Bledsoe in the '94 style uniforms.
My first of the current style was Lawyer Milloy.
Both became Buffalo Bills imagine that :/

I don't get "player jerseys", as in I don't buy them or understand them.

Why would I want a player's jersey? One, they're not comfortable, SEcond, I'm not that player. So it's weird to have someone else's name on your back. What does that make me, his girlfriend? That's what girls in high school used to do. It's kind of an annihilation of self and worship of a different self, a football player.

Seconded. Unless you're a little kid or a chick, wearing a dude's jersey is just weird to me.

I hate Reebok so I only have the white throwback Brady but next year it's NIKE jerseys time :rocker:

Mine was a Christmas present in the early 70s. I received a Jan Stenerud KC Chiefs jersey.

The latest, was a Moss followed by a Seymour Jersey. All were Christmas presents. I gave the jersey to the Goodwill this week as it was just a replica. The Seymour is an authentic so I don't have the heart to get rid of it.

I will only buy retired players jerseys now, if I ever do.

I had a a HOMEMADE Fred Marion T-Shirt! My mother went to the local sporting goods store back in 1985 (pre Bob's, ****'s, etc...) bought a red t-shirt with white stripes on the sleeves. She also bought IRON ON letters - "MARION" and numbers "31". She only bought one set of numbers, so I had 31 on the front and "MARION" across the back. She got a big kick out of it because her name was Marion!
As a kid I loved Fred Marion because he had a pick in one of the first games I remember watching with my father at the old Ground Round on the big movie projector. Also, he did an autograph appearance at the local Paperama, and I got his autograph and shook his hand. I was the happiest 9 or 10 year old inside 495! For my money, Marion was part of the best secondary the Pats ever had - Ray Clayborn and Ronnie Lippett at corner and Roland James and Fred Marion at safety.
As for a a "real" jersey, I had one of those God Awful "new" jerseys from 93 (I think) with the red #s and white border around the #. I'm 99% sure it was #82, Vincent Brisby....

I'm an old geezer, my first jersey was a Randy Vataha jersey.

I saw a Brady jersey on a rack for $30 5 or 6 years ago and said why not. Then I got a silver Welker jersey (I loved the signing; I sure noticed how the Patriots couldn't stop him in Miami) in September of his first year with the Pats. I tend to wear the Welker jersey during football Sundays.

I'd like a Woodhead jersey but don't have any plans yet to buy it. My daughter said she may be interested in a jersey and asked me for a recommendation; I recommended Woodhead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes