PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who subscribes to the Mike Felger theory that Branch >> Moss??

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not. You're saying Branch is a better patriot because he has rings. Well, J'Rod Cherry has rings. More than Randy Moss. He must be a better patriot, per your logic.

Are you trying to make some sort of argument that breaking the nfl single season touchdown record isn't a "major contribution?"

You're deflecting again ... I never said that ... perhaps you should start the thread over and read what I wrote. Being that this is an opinion forum ... I stated my opinion ... not sure what else you seek. I said branch was a $$$ player and a better Patriot. Belichick does not care about stats ... only rings.

They're totally different receivers. If we're running a 2-minute drill in a tough game, I'd take Branch... him and Brady were ALWAYS on the same page. As for an entire season, yeah... Moss wins easily.

Where the hell does this logic come from? Tell me how Moss couldn't "always" be on the same page while breaking NFL records? Your post makes no sense.

Here is how Brady has performed in the last 2 minutes of a half:
2009: 333 Yds, 58.8% cmp, 6.5 Y/A, 4 TD, 0 INT104.5 QB Rating
2007: 377 Yds, 64.8% cmp, 7.0 Y/A, 8 TD, 3 INT, 101.6 QB Rating
Here is with Branch:
2005: 462 Yds, 56.7% cmp, 6.9 Y/A, 1 TD, 2 INT, 70.6 QB Rating
2004: 336 Yds, 51.9% cmp, 6.5 Y/A, 5 TD, 5 INT, 64.7 QB Rating
2003: 347 Yds, 50.9% cmp, 6.5 Y/A, 3 TD, 1 INT, 82.8 QB Rating
2002: 428 Yds, 57.1% cmp, 5.6 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 INT, 71.8 QB Rating

So I'll go with logic AND evidence and say I'd rather having Moss in a 2-minute drive.

You're deflecting again ... I never said that ... perhaps you should start the thread over and read what I wrote. Being that this is an opinion forum ... I stated my opinion ... not sure what else you seek. I said branch was a $$$ player and a better Patriot. Belichick does not care about stats ... only rings.

Moss is a more $$$ player and his stats/performances prove that. Just because he doesn't have a ring doesn't change that fact. As for being a better Patriot, having a ring doesn't make a player. Belichick has said on MANY occasions that Moss is the smartest, most talented, and most explosive WR he has ever coached. Not Troy Brown, not Deion Branch, but Randy Moss.

Using the silly rings argument, I guess Tippett and Cappelletti weren't really among the best Patriots because none of them took home the hardware.

I'd take Branch... him and Brady were ALWAYS on the same page.
And Brady and Moss aren't? C'mon...

I can't believe what I am waking up to. Anyone who believes Branch was a more valuable, more important, better Pat than Moss needs to seriously reconsider their position. No matter how you slice it, 16 games, 1 game, 2min, zone D, man D, bump n run, etc. Moss is your guy every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Now, with that said if you want to say that Branch had a more successful career as a Patriot than Moss because he won 2 SB rings and a SB MVP award, that may be a more reasonable arguement.

Last edited:
My entry in this thread was simply saying branch is a proven $$$ player compared to Moss. he has the rings to prove it. So then I have to put up with the who is a better player stuff.

Of course Moss is a greater player ... a HOF player.
But Branch is the greater Patriot ... he has rings to prove it.

You think Moss would cash his records in for a ring?

Would branch cash in his rings for a record?

You guys just hate Felger and there is a serious hate for branch in this thread ... oh well ... to each his own.
money player??? Branch had good play off games..but...so he has rings.. SO Bethel Johnsan is better because he has rings?? Where's the logic?? Branch a greater Patriot?? Branch is a money grubbing lying piece of excrement in my book...PUT himself over team..said he would report to camp and then failed to show up...In my book. he will never get a sniff at the Pats HOF...but..I am sure he will get consideration.. Why is it sad that there is a lot of hate for him?? What is sad is what he was and how his HEAD grew a million times.. THAT is what is sad..Once he pulled the antics that he did..he's gone..Cya!! Good riddance.. Yes..he was a good receiver and he did really helped in many games..there is no question of how strong he was as a player...BUT to sweep all of what he did under the rug is putting blinders on.

Last edited:
Should we really be calling this a theory? Doesn't a theory have to have some chance to be true? Shouldn't it be called Mike Felger's insane ramblings instead?

Another ridiculous thought conjured up by Felger.

Branch caught passes from Brady for 4 seasons.

Randy's been at it for 1.5 seasons. Can you imagine if he also had four years?

Oh and just looking today, some guy named Moss is currently ranked #1 in the NFL. They say he had a slow start because his QB had just missed a year....but....

2009 NFL Player Receiving Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Another thing. Somehow, they forgot to include Branch and his 200 yds and 1 td.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST