PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is still available at OG???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seubert is rehabbing a dislocated knee cap and torn patella tendon injury and hopes to be ready in two months.

The Lions, who have their own line issues, looked at Leonard Davis about two weeks ago, and apparently nothing came of that meeting.

Yeah, the Jets are in the same pickle (Jets fan here) looking for late cuts/free agents since their jack of all trades OL Turner broke his leg. Davis seemed the most likely ready-to-play guy, but it seems he hasn't endeared himself to anyone. The 'Boys have had a mediocre line of late--and they dumped him. He's been looked at by other teams and nobody's signed him. Could be he wants too much coin or is out of shape (likely considering he's a 350 LB OL with no camps and no prectice.

My mistake on Light, was sort of guessing.

As of now the game Thursday is still on as scheduled, 2 days between games for the Giants does seem unfair (Jets in same boat). I could see them pushing the game back a few days, but whenever the game is played I'd hope to see Solder get some reps at RG.

Cutdown deadline is Saturday, though, so there's only so far that the game can be pushed back.

Realize he is a Center, but a possible veteran interior line addition might be Andre Gurode. He was going to have a sit down with the team about his future since he is being nudged out by a youngster. Good size, 5-time Pro Bowler (including last year)

I would consider trying him at RG and backup OC.

Perhaps we could interest them in one of our extra 3-4 DL...?

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Isn't that the guy Haynesworth stomped? I'd love to be there to see them face off in practice.

I think the position is going to be a patch job all year. The coaching staff always does a good job finding solid role players that other teams drop, but I don't think we are going to find a good starter from the rest of the leagues scraps. More then likely a role player or two to come off the bench and make a couple of spot starts. OL by committee.

Realize he is a Center, but a possible veteran interior line addition might be Andre Gurode. He was going to have a sit down with the team about his future since he is being nudged out by a youngster. Good size, 5-time Pro Bowler (including last year)

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Isn't that the guy Haynesworth stomped? I'd love to be there to see them face off in practice.

Yup!! That's the GUY!! :eek:

I would LOVE to pick him up, if his knee checks out. :cool:

But it wouldn't be a trade: The boys are almost certainly gonna cut him, according to reports. :eek:

A player who the Pats might look at is Jeff Faine, if he's healthy.. He can play center and guard. He lost his job to Ted Larsen, from the looks of it. But I'm not 100% sure.

BTW, I didn't realize that Seubert was recovering from injury. That stinks.

There don't seem to be a lot of JAG guards out there.. Though the Pats could look at Vince Manuwai from the Jags... if he's healthy.

A player who the Pats might look at is Jeff Faine, if he's healthy.. He can play center and guard. He lost his job to Ted Larsen, from the looks of it. But I'm not 100% sure.

BTW, I didn't realize that Seubert was recovering from injury. That stinks.

There don't seem to be a lot of JAG guards out there.. Though the Pats could look at Vince Manuwai from the Jags... if he's healthy.

I believe Faine got injured and went on IR leaving the door open for Ted Larsen. He has supposedly a lot of injury history and due $4.6m this year. Seems like Tampa Bay are willing to keep him around.

I refuse the consider that possibility that there will no one cut in the next two weeks that are not upgrades over Ohrnberger or Austin. After all, we have no cap contraints and could cut the player after a year, or even less.

Last edited:
Wonder if Faneca can be coaxed out of retirement? I'm thinking the Jets burned their bridges with that dude, but he should be solid if unspectactular, even at his rickety age. The guy could always pull and block downfield. His pass blocking has been suspect the last two years, thiough

Dallas sat him the entire game so he may be available. I'd be interested if he would be up for re-negotiating his salary.

One concern might be the whole head stomp issue between him and Haynesworth. It was a while ago but I'd probably want to make sure it was settled before making the trade.

The Patriots will never consider moving Matt Light inside. He has been a LT his entire 13 year career and makes no sense at all to have him change positions at this point in his career. I can see the Patriots experimenting with Nate Solder at RG, since he is in his rookie season. I really hope Belichick gets him some reps inside on Thursday vs. the Giants to see what he's got in live game action.

It's less about the Pats NOT moving the aging and now average LT Light to RG, than it is about Light shooting down every suggestion over the past few years that he plays anywhere else but LT - he even refused to consider RT from what I remember.

I wish Solder has signed right away, he might already have the job at LT.

However since Solder signed late and Light is here probably Light stays until LT until he gets hurt or Brady gets buried too often.

Get Davis and Channing Crowder. Then we get to watch Davis vs Haynesworth AND Crowder vs Light every day :lol2:

It's less about the Pats NOT moving the aging and now average LT Light to RG, than it is about Light shooting down every suggestion over the past few years that he plays anywhere else but LT - he even refused to consider RT from what I remember.

However since Solder signed late and Light is here probably Light stays until LT until he gets hurt or Brady gets buried too often.

After last nights performance Brady has more of a chance at getting killed with Solder at LT.

After last nights performance Brady has more of a chance at getting killed with Solder at LT.

We'll see. Vollmer got the RG job right away in his rookie year, and Solder is more talented then Vollmer, all he has to overcome is a short period to get ready.

Light will be relegated to an expensive spare part soon enough.

"Sir, Lance Meh Lot"?? :eek:

Yes, I think it IS fair to say that you "root" for "the other team." :singing:

Gay Jokes on the Pats board! Oooooh...I'm telliiiinngg!

For the record, I'm not gay, not right now...but I am willing to try.

Also, i approve of being gay bashed. Funny is funny.

We'll see. Vollmer got the RG job right away in his rookie year, and Solder is more talented then Vollmer, all he has to overcome is a short period to get ready.

Light will be relegated to an expensive spare part soon enough.

That's not true. Vollmer didn't start right away, Kaczur did. He didn't take over as the starter until midway through the year.

I wouldn't say Solder is more talented than Vollmer either... and I would say unless Light gets injured he will be the starter at LT all year.

Last edited:

Stop hating on Light, he isn't as bad as you're making him out to be. There were many other issues on the OL last night besides Light, including Solder.

"Sir, Lance Meh Lot"?? :eek:

Yes, I think it IS fair to say that you "root" for "the other team." :singing:

Gay Jokes on the Pats board! Oooooh...I'm telliiiinngg!

Hey!! Man Rules, baby!! When you TEE IT UP like that, I am REQUIRED...by LAW...to Tee OFF!! :D

For the record, I'm not gay, not right now...but I am willing to try.

STRIPES Reference!! ALLWAYS the Correct Choice!! :rocker:

"No, but we ARE Willing To Learn."

harold-ramis-stripes-8.jpg

Well PLAYED, sir!! :D

"Yeah, would they send us someplace special??"

bill_murray-stripes1981-1120.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back