PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is still available at OG???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very much that most would agree with you regarding this setup for 2011 or for 2012. Light is not our best RG. And your lineup is not the best lineup.

but overall I think most would agree the best set-up for the next couple of years is Light to RG and Solder at LT.

No, I am certainly not. I couldn't find a citation just now, so we'll just have to wait until someone else that remembers reading this pipes in.
Not gonna happen, because you made it up.

I doubt very much that most would agree with you regarding this setup for 2011 or for 2012. Light is not our best RG. And your lineup is not the best lineup.

I think more people are seeing the Right Guard position for what it is, a liability. Connolly is a lot like Russ Hochstein - a quality reserve who you don't want starting. Ohrnberger is not a NFL caliber guard. Wendell has been hurt and is undersized. Austin was behind Ohrnberger on the depth chart. Cannon should be the future but can not be relied upon this year.

You would rather have a lineup with one of Connolly, Ohrnberger or Wendell starting at right guard with either Solder or Light on the bench?

The lineup with the best 5 players should result in the best lineup, one of the ways to do that would be to have Light play RG. The bar has been set relatively low at the position so far, Light may very well be the best option currently on the roster.

Not gonna happen, because you made it up.

It's really too bad that you won't take my word on it, I haven't done anything here for anyone to assume I'm doing anything underhanded.

And here is some proof right here:

http://wgamthegame.com/tag/matt-light/

"In 2010, Houston alumni Sebastian Vollmer threatened Light’s rein as the starting LT and seemed to be great position to do so. After the 2010 season was complete the Patriots, not surprisingly, released RT Nick Kazcur and meaning now Sebastian Vollmer will have to be the starting right tackle for the foreseeable future with the stubborn attitude of Matt Light refusing to be switched over. The Patriots seemed to be in a bind with their offensive line situation until the 2011 Draft came around where Colorado star Lineman Nate Solder was picked in the first round by New England. Now Light must face the reality that he may no longer be in a Patriots uniform, unless he goes by the teams’ terms and not his own."

It seems like its an accepted opinion here in this piece. I remember first reading/hearing it about 3 years ago, and it was repeated several times. Not sure where it originated, but I made up nothing.

Last edited:
It's really too bad that you won't take my word on it, I haven't done anything here for anyone to assume I'm doing anything underhanded. I believe the problem is with you and if/when I find the proof, i'll post it.
You are making a claim that I have heard no one ever make. You have made it a few times, and never been able to back it up.
Essentially you are calling Light a selfish player who doesn't care about the team. And you want to be taken at your word for something no one but you has ever even hinted at?
Perhaps you aren't doing anything underhanded and are just wrong. That would still make you wrong, wouldn't it? I did not suggest a motive for your being wrong, just the fact that you are.

It's really too bad that you won't take my word on it, I haven't done anything here for anyone to assume I'm doing anything underhanded. I believe the problem is with you and if/when I find the proof, i'll post it.

The problem is that you assume that just because you are new to the board that people should just take your word. It doesn't work like that. You have to earn the trust and respect of other posters. Providing actual links to support claims gives them legitimacy. Otherwise they are just considered SWAGs...

Really?

I have seen the idea floated by quite a few posters, and i think the support for Light at RG is greater than anyone else other than Cannon and he hasn't stepped on the field. If Cannon pans out then Light can be the swing Tackle when Solder is ready but if Solder is ready now and Light can play RG then I think most would prefer it over Connolly or Orhnberger. There's a good chance Cannon won't play this year and sitting either Light or Solder when they are one of your best lineman makes little sense.

Firefox has a flash blocking addon, as well.

Really?. Did not know that. That's one of the reasons why I switched from Firefox to Chrome. Chrome is faster too.

Really?. Did not know that. That's one of the reasons why I switched from Firefox to Chrome. Chrome is faster too.

FF is still considered (and was voted) the best browser around, and I love it even with the loss of Ffvb and some script issues. I don't even use Chrome as my backup. Personal tastes, and all that....

Last edited:
Really?

I have seen the idea floated by quite a few posters, and i think the support for Light at RG is greater than anyone else other than Cannon and he hasn't stepped on the field. If Cannon pans out then Light can be the swing Tackle when Solder is ready but if Solder is ready now and Light can play RG then I think most would prefer it over Connolly or Orhnberger. There's a good chance Cannon won't play this year and sitting either Light or Solder when they are one of your best lineman makes little sense.
I would rather have a G at G.

Solder is too tall and seem to me have pad level issues. You want your gaurds at 6 3 range , lower to ground and stocky. He is a tall athletic guy not someone you want to matchup against shorter DT who have a natural leverage due his height.

Light played a bit but is clearly better now, why does every one want to put solder there. We saw that against a decent DE he struggled. You want to let freeney go after Solder ?. We clearly have a issue at gaurd.

I will call Woody , who mentioned in NFL network he will love to play for the pats.A 1 yr stop gap and good player.

Funny Neal used to get crushed or valued less till he retired.

-Gronk is missed alot of his assignement. We where so used to crumpler delivering the whamp block and chipping and taking on DT while running run around stunts that we thought gronk is ready. I am more worried here. Gronk flat out missing his guy twice leading a direct hit on brady,.

Last edited:
Solder is too tall and seem to me have pad level issues. You want your gaurds at 6 3 range , lower to ground and stocky. He is a tall athletic guy not someone you want to matchup against shorter DT who have a natural leverage due his height.

Light played a bit but is clearly better now, why does every one want to put solder there. We saw that against a decent DE he struggled. You want to let freeney go after Solder ?. We clearly have a issue at gaurd.

I will call Woody , who mentioned in NFL network he will love to play for the pats.A 1 yr stop gap and good player.

Funny Neal used to get crushed or valued less till he retired.

Guess Woody doesn't remember what Woody said prior to the Jets Pats playoff game.

You are making a claim that I have heard no one ever make. You have made it a few times, and never been able to back it up.
Essentially you are calling Light a selfish player who doesn't care about the team. And you want to be taken at your word for something no one but you has ever even hinted at?
Perhaps you aren't doing anything underhanded and are just wrong. That would still make you wrong, wouldn't it? I did not suggest a motive for your being wrong, just the fact that you are.

That's certainly a more generous way of expressing it, and here is what I found:

WGAM The Game » Matt Light

"In 2010, Houston alumni Sebastian Vollmer threatened Light’s rein as the starting LT and seemed to be great position to do so. After the 2010 season was complete the Patriots, not surprisingly, released RT Nick Kazcur and meaning now Sebastian Vollmer will have to be the starting right tackle for the foreseeable future with the stubborn attitude of Matt Light refusing to be switched over. The Patriots seemed to be in a bind with their offensive line situation until the 2011 Draft came around where Colorado star Lineman Nate Solder was picked in the first round by New England. Now Light must face the reality that he may no longer be in a Patriots uniform, unless he goes by the teams’ terms and not his own."

It seems like its an accepted opinion here in this piece. I remember first reading/hearing it about 3 years ago, and it was repeated several times. Not sure where it originated, but I made up nothing.

Guess Woody doesn't remember what Woody said prior to the Jets Pats playoff game.

Does it matter, ty law called BB a liar and then played for him for 2 more years.
Seymour ,Vrabel said a bunch of stuff and did not get the boot till there play dropped.

if bb is so touchy i think we should be worried .

Does it matter, ty law called BB a liar and then played for him for 2 more years.
Seymour ,Vrabel said a bunch of stuff and did not get the boot till there play dropped.

if bb is so touchy i think we should be worried .

A) I don't remember Vrabel saying anything idiotic.
B) Woody's comments back in Jan is just plain dumb...esp since he was part of our Championship run. Maybe he should give back the rings.

That's certainly a more generous way of expressing it, and here is what I found:

WGAM The Game » Matt Light

Had I known it was Tom Rowe's opinion I never would have questioned it.

Who is he?

The problem is that you assume that just because you are new to the board that people should just take your word. It doesn't work like that. You have to earn the trust and respect of other posters. Providing actual links to support claims gives them legitimacy. Otherwise they are just considered SWAGs...

Good point. But I can't keep pointers on hand for things I heard or read 2-3 years ago, and have since been repeated, although I didn't run into any of those.

Back to issue of RG. BB has often used fill in players as stop gaps, that's what we might have in 2011. In 2012 if Cannon is ready to go, and Solder has grown into LT, and we draft a Center (Ben Jones?) we could be mighty, but we might be due a year here of a meh RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back