PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is "Chad Jackson?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not Chads fault the Pats didnt play him he wanted to play and worked his butt off to be ready for the opener which he was but they just didnt let him play. He'll be the #2 this year next to Moss and will be better than Stallworth.

I agree, he'll need to work his tail off to beat out Jabs, but I think by mid season with a full offseason and training camp (healthy) he'll be primed to do it.

He'll start in the 4-hole and will be in the normal 4 WR packages then he'll eventually rotate in with Jabs in the 3 WR sets and I think he starts with Randy by Week 10. The kid is just so big, fast, strong and talented, it's up to him and by the sounds of things from what I heard last year, he was so hungry to get on the field and BB just held him back. Chad's motivation will never be higher than it will be this season, he has so much to prove to everyone, BB, himself and the fans and I know he's going to do it.

Can you picture Randy and CJack each running fly patterns and deep outs with Wes and Jabs grabbing the underneath stuff, man this offense is going to be flat out sick again !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad Jackson is an incredibly talented football player.

He's so talented, that he can have 3 different injuries in 2 years, very rarely practice or play in an actual game, and yet he still isn't "injury prone".

what a neat little trick he pulled off there. He is truly a man amongst boys. Too bad he couldn't teach Eugene Wilson that one.

Lets play a game. It's called pick the Word(s) that do not belong in the group.
Here's how it works. It's very simple, you just look at the lists of words below and pick the word or words that doesn't belong. There is one and ONLY 1 that doesn't belong... Ready? lets go kids.

GAME 1:
potatoes
corn
green beans
tomatoes
Celery
Al Jazeera Television Network

ok that was an easy one kids. Let's try Game 2. Let's see who can get this one.

GAME 2:
Chad Jackson
Injured Hamstring
Injured Groin
Not playing
The IR
Not being "injury prone"

Here's how it works. It's very simple, you just look at the lists of words below and pick the word or words that doesn't belong. There is one and ONLY 1 that doesn't belong... Ready? lets go kids.

GAME 1:
potatoes
corn
green beans
tomatoes
Celery

GAME 2:
Chad Jackson
Injured Hamstring
Injured Groin
Not playing
The IR
Not being "injury prone"

You posted directly after your own post..... you lost

You posted directly after your own post..... you lost

also, this isn't the correct answer to the game.
You Lost.

And i was successfully able to post twice in a row again.

I feel like a champ

I don't like this discussion for one big reason:

He hasn't proven himself and he hasn't had the opprotunity to do so.

I know he has injuries that implies he is "injury prone" but in a sport like football the difference between a sweet tackle and paralyzed for life can be merely bad luck. A couple injuries a couple years could be bad luck.

So what is he? Is he great, is he terrible? No he's neither he's a prospect. We can discuss this all we want but there's no way to prove he is one way or another. I think the best is to wait it out and watch he is given the opprotunity to play, either in a Stallworth/Gaffney role or as a 4th receiver.

To be honest, I don't worry about for a second. Even if he does fizzle out without him we have 3 competent wide recievers and the best QB that football has ever known.

Last edited:
First, I want to address this "maturity" B.S that we as fans continually say like we know what goes on with the team. A few reporters thought he was immature and than we just run with it like we came up wit the idea on our own. We have no idea if CJack is or was immature but would it really be that much of a surprise to Pioli and Bill if a 20 year old was still a little immature. While I'm on the subject of immaturity it's amusing that we bash on a kid like CJack when he's done NOTHING wrong expcet get injured. Learning the offense is another story. The Patriots have brought in several wide recievers who had good numbers before they got here and they couldn't learn the offense. Does the name Donald Hayes mean anything? You guys all make it sound like playbooks are os easy to learn and that everyone should learn them within a day. Thats just stupid. CJack doesn't have to learn just the X position but it was widely reported that the Patriots wanted him to learn X,Y, and Z positions. This is the equivalent of learning 3 seperate playbooks as each position has different responsabilities. So maybe he learned Y but not X or Z yet. So what? Who cares? Give the kid time. I bet he knows it now

Now Alvin, I find it funny that you apparently only remember him being on the field as a blocker. It's amusing because I can recall directly off the top of my head 5 different occasions where they had him run straight down the field or straight down the field and cut to the middle. Each time of which, he got his hands on the ball and either made a great catch or almost made the catch. Now about his "blocking" ability, maybe the reason he was out there is because he was one of our better blocking wide outs. He's 6'2 and strong as hell, so why would it be surprising that they would want him blocking? Let's not be totally naive here people (i know it's hard for some of you who just love to bash people even though u'll never achieve their success).....About the combine, well than your an idiot...Every one does their best when going in for a job interview which is what the combine is. It's one big physical interview, so who isn't going to study (practice) that much harder. Your right though, kids shouldn't study for the SAT's or any other test because it might make them forget something else. God forbid anyone would train for the olympics or anything. We wouldn't want to upset the great Alvin and in turn make a little more money for ourselves. Oh My God what a novel concept, people who live in America want to make more money for themselves. Oh and by straight numbers, technically he is "behind" Bethel Johnson but people need to remember that Bethel played 2 years and still sucked. I'm going to give chad the benefit of this year and I guarantee he makes you look like a complete idiot. I'll end this by saying that I'm glad we dont have some of you making decisions for the Patriots because we would never win another super bowl and you'd all cut rookies after one season if they didn't play like a pro bowler. And if you dislike players who improve themselves to make more money than you should hate the entire team cause thats what they all do. Every player is trying to get better in order to make more money, thats just how it goes big guy.

I hope he has a great year so people will stop making excuses for the guy. Reciever is probably the second toughest position to transition into the nfl. If you think he's just going to wake up hop out of bed and start ripping up the league, youre going to be waiting a long time.

They drafted Santonio Holmes. He was arrested twice in twenty five days. Ha ha way to make a point

Moss and Gaffney have 5 arrest's between them. Vrabel was arrested for the exact same thing Santonio Holmes was for.

Nice rebuttal. DUH.

Moss and Gaffney have 5 arrest's between them. Vrabel was arrested for the exact same thing Santonio Holmes was for.

Nice rebuttal. DUH.

And this has what to do with Chad Jackson?

Holmes' arrests came between draft day and camp.

You might want to look up the word relevance before you attempt to argue again.

Two receivers were taken high in the draft. One was arrested twice before he ever played, one was injured.

That has nothing to do with random players previous history, we're talking post draft.

GAME 1:
potatoes
corn
green beans
tomatoes
Celery

GAME 2:
Chad Jackson
Injured Hamstring
Injured Groin
Not playing
The IR
Not being "injury prone"
torn acl is a good word for your grouping

Who is Chad Jackson?

1. A player obsession by many Patsfans posters giddy about "how buff" he looks

2. A guy whom we read about incessantly off-season and who abruptly disappears during the regular season

3. A high pick we traded up for who has produced little to nothing in 2 seasons (insert obligatory rationalization here)

4. A player who finally needs to produce on the field this 2008 regular season, regardless of circumstances

Last edited:
Action Jackson's littlest brother.

Chad Jackson injured in training camp.
Chad Jackson injured in pre-season game.

Maybe now that I just posted that - they won't happen.

Is everyone blind to the progression? Obvious he gets injured in the regular season this year.:D

Injured once and re-injured or injury prone, I don't care. It is year three. Are you a star, a contributer, or a Arena League player. (Bust is a harsh term, but if drafted in round #1 it can be applied more than to an undrafted free agent.)

Injured once and re-injured or injury prone, I don't care. It is year three. Are you a star, a contributer, or a Arena League player. (Bust is a harsh term, but if drafted in round #1 it can be applied more than to an undrafted free agent.)

Good thing, then, that Jackson was drafted in the second round.

And this has what to do with Chad Jackson?

Holmes' arrests came between draft day and camp.

You might want to look up the word relevance before you attempt to argue again.

Two receivers were taken high in the draft. One was arrested twice before he ever played, one was injured.

That has nothing to do with random players previous history, we're talking post draft.

What does Holmes arrest have to do with Chad Jackson? Huh? Look at the title of the thread.

You piped in with that crap like it raises Jacksons stock some how. Are you trying to imply that Pitt chose the wrong player?

You should heed your own advice. Seriously.

[On tonight's episode of Unsolved Mysteries, we journey back to April 2006, when a 21-year old wide receiver out of Florida, a school notorious for its draft busts at the position, joined the 3-time Super Bowl Champions...]

Many of you may not have heard of this fellow. To refresh your memory, he was a second round pick of the New England Patriots in 2006, a pick they acquired via trade. Believe it or not, he was chosen a handful of picks ahead of the Packers' Greg Jennings, yet Jackson was considered by many to be a steal where he was drafted. Before the draft, Jackson visited the Patriots, who were impressed enough to eventually draft him.

Bill Belichick also decided Chad Jackson was a better player than Devin Hester and Marcus McNeill (who maybe could have helped Brady keep his ass off the ground in the Super Bowl).

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will know who he is for a few years yet. I think a better name for this thread would be " what are your expectations of Chad Jackson this year?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back