PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson?

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Does anyone ever remember a situation this odd that has lasted this long with a player in the BB era? I would guess he's going through something and that's unfortunate by why is he on the active roster? If JC Jackson needs some sort of help that the team is providing why not put him on NFI or IR for some bogus injury? Why is he taking up a roster spot while we have to play musical chairs at QB?

Agreed. Doesn’t seem like a case of “just being a turd”. Could be anything from early CTE, to bipolar. In either case, I hope they get him help, and that he accepts it.

Given that he was active, it was most likely an issue that popped up in the hour and a half between inactives and kickoff. Or at the very least, it wasn’t expected to prevent him from playing until then.

I'm not a huge fan of either his agent or Schefter going public with that, either.
Agree it's a private matter but his agent's job is to make his client marketable so he can make a living at his craft.

Either get it out there that teams/fans understand he has a mental illness (which is no longer the sigma it was) and is working on getting better or let people think he is a malcontent and an irresponsible punk.

Easy decision TBH...

Last edited:
Given that he was active, it was most likely an issue that popped up in the hour and a half between inactives and kickoff. Or at the very least, it wasn’t expected to prevent him from playing until then.
Yep. Could have had a massive anxiety attack. Severe state of depression, etc.

That is the strangest part to me. If he wasn't going to be a big part of the game plan I assume he'd know that as the week progressed during practices. The fact that he was active on game day and didn't play of appear on the sidelines is really weird.

I hope JC's Agent helps in to Invest wisely the Chargers paid him well to leave. You'd think people with money would have less problems but as the songs goes mo money mo problems.

I wish him well but this is the kind of headache we didn't need to take on. I felt the same way when we attempted to rehabilitate Josh Gordon.

I'm not a huge fan of either his agent or Schefter going public with that, either.
HIPPA?? Could be some sort of violation, just say he is dealing with "personal issues".

I wish him well but this is the kind of headache we didn't need to take on. I felt the same way when we attempted to rehabilitate Josh Gordon.
We have enough issues to worry about without the rehab projects. We just don't have the locker room infrastructure to support these guys like we used to. I am all for getting JCJ the help he needs but they need to deactivate him from the roster and put him on NFI to allow him to continue getting help without the football distraction.

Does anyone ever remember a situation this odd that has lasted this long with a player in the BB era? I would guess he's going through something and that's unfortunate by why is he on the active roster? If JC Jackson needs some sort of help that the team is providing why not put him on NFI or IR for some bogus injury? Why is he taking up a roster spot while we have to play musical chairs at QB?

You make a great point! There have been some strange things with players over the years.. But nothing like this. First off mental health is a serious issue and I hope JC does get the help and guidance he needs. He's a young man at 28, and after this season his NFL career may be over possibly. But you are right, why dress him and have him on the active game day roster. This tells me something transpired before the game or during the sidelines with JC where he wasn't fit to play? Just my guess.

We have enough issues to worry about without the rehab projects. We just don't have the locker room infrastructure to support these guys like we used to. I am all for getting JCJ the help he needs but they need to deactivate him from the roster and put him on NFI to allow him to continue getting help without the football distraction.
He's not the first during this Bellichick era: Jack Jones, Matt Corral, JCJ, and let's not forget Corky. Seems like Bill likes to attract basket cases. Hopefully his therapy is going somewhere.

I sure liked him during his first stint here. He was undrafted and was leading the league in INT's, pass breakups, lowest QB rating when thrown his way, etc., from 2018-2022. I was his biggest supporter. But he just hasn't been the same since his injuries.

I sure liked him during his first stint here. He was undrafted and was leading the league in INT's, pass breakups, lowest QB rating when thrown his way, etc., from 2018-2022. I was his biggest supporter. But he just hasn't been the same since his injuries.
I agree that he hasn't been the same.

For me, that isn't the question.

For me, the question is whether he can be a valuable part of the defense, as a #2, #3 or even a #4. Jackson and the team can see whether they can make a new deal to work together. There is no pressure, but he certainly won't be starting the season on a $12m contract.

Who are our top three for 2024? I'd call Marcus Jones our #5 CB, backup nickel and punt returner.

In any case, I could see healthy Jackson being an asset. At times, he was very good this year.

HIPPA?? Could be some sort of violation, just say he is dealing with "personal issues".
It’s HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). It only applies to certain “covered entities” such as insurance plans. So probably no violation.

HIPAA defines PHI, Personal Health Information, and sets rules for covered entities to protect privacy of PHI. So even if there is no HIPAA violation those standards could be referenced in claims against an employer, for example. So it makes a lot of sense to be careful and reticent about discussing such information. Besides, it’s the right thing. That personal health information should be private, not public, that’s why HIPAA defined the Privacy Rule covering it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back