PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is "Chad Jackson?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is he? A total bust, that's who.

He was very durable in college, then sustained a hamstring injury in '06, and later suffered the ACL injury during the playoff loss to the Colts. That's two injuries, both coming during the same season/offseason. The fact that his second injury was severe and takes time to heal, doesn't mean he's "always injured". In fact, he came back early and tried to give it a go in 2007, but the Patriots wanted to be cautions with him, so they limited his playing time. It didn't seem like he got injured again during the 2007 season, right?

I'm taking a wait and see attitude with Chad, hopefully he'll starting living up to the potential many of us noticed in '06.

I agree with you man.....I watched alot of this kid playing down here in FL and was ECSTATIC when we were somehow able to acquire him in the draft.......Maybe some of you remember watching the draft that year, and Jackson BLEW EVERYONE away in the competitions.........And then the injury bug hit him and didn't let go.....and to be fair, it takes a long time to come back from an ACL tear.......Anyways, I am hoping tremendously that this kid can come out this year and be the player everyone thought he would be for us........I am pulling for him.......but being BEHIND Moss Welker Gaffney etc is going to make it hard for him to shine......Look at Donte.....he could barely get involved.......may be tough for CJ too......

its not Chads fault the Pats didnt play him he wanted to play and worked his butt off to be ready for the opener which he was but they just didnt let him play. He'll be the #2 this year next to Moss and will be better than Stallworth.

How can he be the #2 WR this coming year?? Did something happen to Wes Welker that I did not hear about????

and better than Stallworth??? Come on man get real.......firstly, with all the action Moss got for most of the season........and welker was the underneath guy....there was no way for Donte to get utilized the way he should......Stallworth is a darned good, PROVEN NFL WR........He will do very well as the KEY WR next year.....Jackson in all fairness has proven NOTHING.......Let's wait for Jackson to prove something before making a blind statement that he will be a better WR than Donte Stallworth.........

Last edited:
So if I follow this correctly, guys who give you training camp and 12 or 13 games a year plus all the playoffs are injury prone.

Guys who give you less than that number over multiple combined years are not because they did not have nagging injuries.

I honestly have no idea who Chad Jackson is. If I were asked to bet on what he will be come September - February, I would bet on inactive. I'll be happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
How can he be the #2 WR this coming year?? Did something happen to Wes Welker that I did not hear about????

and better than Stallworth??? Come on man get real.......firstly, with all the action Moss got for most of the season........and welker was the underneath guy....there was no way for Donte to get utilized the way he should......Stallworth is a darned good, PROVEN NFL WR........He will do very well as the KEY WR next year.....Jackson in all fairness has proven NOTHING.......Let's wait for Jackson to prove something before making a blind statement that he will be a better WR than Donte Stallworth.........

Few points there:

1) Welker is obviously the #2 WR on this team (his catch numbers could even suggest #1, but Moss has something to say about that), however he is in essence a slot WR - commonly considered the #3 WR. I only somewhat agree with that assessment, since Welker did line up wide plenty of times too.

2) Stallworth wasn't worth the money he was getting. I think the Pats did expect something more out of him, but then again, they probably didn't expect the production they got out of Welker and Moss either.

3) The #2 WR (i.e. across from Moss, next to Welker) battle will be between Gaffney and Jackson. I would love to see Jackson wise up, win that battle, and live up to his draft status, but Gaffney is obviously in the driver's seat.

Who is Chad Jackson? Try the new Bethel Johnson. Or Hart Lee Dykes. Or Kevin Lee. Tony Simmons anyone?

Who is Chad Jackson? Try the new Bethel Johnson. Or Hart Lee Dykes. Or Kevin Lee. Tony Simmons anyone?

Aside from that traitorous little squirt who held out on his contract and got his scrawney ***** traded to Seattle, the Pats haven't done too well picking wideouts high in the draft.

Great 1st post on the topic.

Last edited:

the only thing he has to prove is he can stay healthy. Hes bigger, faster, has better hands, and more playmaking ability than either Stallworth or Gaffney. The best players will play and Chad is the second best "wideout" on this team next to Moss. Welky is the #3 slot WR on the depth chart, not talking about passing options.

According to you Keegs, if someone caught a cold, got healthy, and than a week later caught the flu that person would be sick-prone. Well thats the point, is that injuries happen and I dont agree when people say someone is "injury prone"...How is it Chad Jacksons fault that he tore his ACL? Should he have run slower? cut faster? shortened his steps? No, it's called FOOTBALL and injuries happen in FOOTBALL big guy...thats why it's called a contact sport....I dont think anyone ever expected Chad to play last year when we prolly had the greatest collection of wide reciever depth in Patriot History. We always have too high of expections for rookies and second year players around here. Bill can't make every rookie into a pro bowler his first year in the league but anything less than that and we're all pissed off. Wide recievers take time to develop and I personally have seen nothing to indicate that Chad can't be an elite wideout in this league. He has elite size, strength and speed. He can go up and catch the ball and he will be this teams second best reciever this year. It's also comical that people here see Jackson battling for playing time with Kelly Washington....Washington and Aiken are both signed for the same spot, it'll go to the better special teams player. Jackson is not going to be cut for either player. You guys just wait and see.. Jackson is going to make some of you look like complete idiots.:rocker:

When someone is injury prone it is not their fault. It's just a crappy attribute that they can't help.

And if someone got a cold, then the flu, and it lasted 2 years, i would be very concerned. then i would call them sick-prone.

According to you Keegs, if someone caught a cold, got healthy, and than a week later caught the flu that person would be sick-prone. Well thats the point, is that injuries happen and I dont agree when people say someone is "injury prone"...How is it Chad Jacksons fault that he tore his ACL? Should he have run slower? cut faster? shortened his steps? No, it's called FOOTBALL and injuries happen in FOOTBALL big guy...thats why it's called a contact sport....I dont think anyone ever expected Chad to play last year when we prolly had the greatest collection of wide reciever depth in Patriot History. We always have too high of expections for rookies and second year players around here. Bill can't make every rookie into a pro bowler his first year in the league but anything less than that and we're all pissed off. Wide recievers take time to develop and I personally have seen nothing to indicate that Chad can't be an elite wideout in this league. He has elite size, strength and speed. He can go up and catch the ball and he will be this teams second best reciever this year. It's also comical that people here see Jackson battling for playing time with Kelly Washington....Washington and Aiken are both signed for the same spot, it'll go to the better special teams player. Jackson is not going to be cut for either player. You guys just wait and see.. Jackson is going to make some of you look like complete idiots.:rocker:

You are way too confident, man.

the only thing he has to prove is he can stay healthy. Hes bigger, faster, has better hands, and more playmaking ability than either Stallworth or Gaffney. The best players will play and Chad is the second best "wideout" on this team next to Moss. Welky is the #3 slot WR on the depth chart, not talking about passing options.

He had 13 catches his first year and none last year.

It would be impossible for him to have more to prove.

Okay guys, I havent' posted anything yet just because I dind't want my first post to be about something like this but all you guys do is continually beat on this kid. We all saw this kid's potential in the first year and than he blew out his ACL in the AFCG, i fail to see how this makes the kid injury prone. Than if we're looking at the current wide recievers on our roster, RM, Wes, Jabar, and than Aiken, well that mkaes Chad Jackson at worst our fourth receiver right now and I will go on record and say that by the end of the season he will be starting with Moss and Wes will be our slot guy with Chad and Randy on the outside. If you want to talk about injury prone players, let's look no further than Benjamin Watson who is always injured. Chad gets a bad rap on here because most of you posters expect every Pioli and Belichick draftpick should be counted on to immiedately start and sometimes that's just not fair to the player. Remember when he was drafted, he was the youngest player in th leaque and even now he's only 22. By the end of this year, you'll all be saying how great chad jackson is and that you never doubted him. But nearly all of you do, just remember that.

I'd love to eat crow and give you credit for being smarter than me.

He was drafted very close to Santonio on the Steelers.

I would expect at the very least similar stats to him.

He had 13 catches his first year and none last year.

It would be impossible for him to have more to prove.

yea because he was injured and the pats wouldnt let him play. He also had 3 TDs which is the same amount Stallworth had playing a full season 16 games opposite Moss. Jackson is better than Stallworth, he will prove it this season.

He's going to be a bust? That's who he is.

I've never understood the notion that people who call themselves fans are excited to see a player fail or take pride in calling players "busts". [Unless there is a tangible reason to root against a player, ie, with the Celtics Brian Scalabrine being in the way of Powe or Davis from getting minutes, and that isn't the case here.]

Why don't we give him the benefit of the doubt. He's basically red-shirted his first two seasons, let's consider him a 2008 draft pick. IMO, he'd be the first receiver off the board in this year's draft.

Last edited:
I've never understood the notion that people who call themselves fans are excited to see a player fail or take pride in calling players "busts". [Unless there is a tangible reason to root against a player, ie, with the Celtics Brian Scalabrine being in the way of Powe or Davis from getting minutes, and that isn't the case here.]

Why don't we give him the benefit of the doubt. He's basically red-shirted his first two seasons, let's consider him a 2008 draft pick. IMO, he'd be the first receiver off the board in this year's draft.

It's called objectivity, maybe you've heard of it.
I root for the name on the front not on the back.
If BB was all hugs and kisses we would be the Jets.......

It's called objectivity, maybe you've heard of it.
I root for the name on the front not on the back.
If BB was all hugs and kisses we would be the Jets.......

LOL, b/c what's more objective than judging a player who has the misfortune of battling injuries for his first two years in his career.

:bricks:

Come back after he's been healthy for a season and tell us if you think he's no good. And please do not reply with the "oh, he's injury prone and made of glass!" crap, the guy tore his ACL and came back faster than most do.

Last edited:
I really really want to see Chad Jackson have a great year this year.

But say he has another horrible injury that takes months and months to recover from..

Will he just be unlucky?

Am i supposed to believe that he's not "injury prone" because instead of 10 minor injuries, he only had 3 major ones?

Maybe they should add a "minor injuries" and "major injuries" section to the injury report every week, so that we all know who is injury prone and who isn't.

Since people who suffer from a couple major injuries and never play CAN'T be injury prone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back