PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who gets the pink slip in camp/preseason this year that no one expects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who? I vaguegly remember him being involved in a few plays during one game last year, but otherwise I don't think he played at all.

Good memory. It was almost a full year ago, so I had to look it up myself, and he only earned about a dozen snaps! Couldn't even stay healthy--messed up his knee by colliding with a defensive player who was just lounging on the ground. Unbelievable. Hope BB cuts him before training camp even begins; he's clearly the reason we haven't won a super bowl since '04.

That Brady kid is extraneous to the team's needs.

Who? I vaguegly remember him being involved in a few plays during one game last year, but otherwise I don't think he played at all.

That gicksauce guy was right all along last year. We should have listened to him when he said the Pats were doomed because Brady had hit 30 and the Pats had not yet drafted a first round replacement for him.

I think Jarvis Green could be dangled as trade bait. He may get the pink slip via trade.

I still wouldn't be shocked if Bruschi retired before the end of the preseason. One of the CBs could become a numbers game casualty including either Bodden or Springs if they don't panout (Springs seems unlikely due to his contract).

Don't be surprised is Lenon starts. He's been a productive player for 2 different teams.

I'm guessing Baker. Watson, Smith, and Thomas have better chances of making the 53.

Last edited:
Springs is the type of long term veteran player you want the younger guys to learn from but that does not mean he should have a roster spot solely based on that and some agree that its the same for Bruschi.

They signed Springs to a 3 year deal. he'd be more expensive to cut than keep. Hes not going anywhere.

I think BB's annual surprise camp cut happened a few months early in the form of the Vrabel trade.

I think BB saw his play slipping and hopefully a few younger guys improving ready to step up. So instead of waiting for camp to cut him, he traded him instead. Allowing a good and loyal BB guy to land on his feet instead of making the move a few weeks from now and causing Vrabes some extra hassle catching on with a new team.

I don't doubt that there will be a WTF cut coming from Foxboro in the next few weeks....

I think Spann could get the pink slip :D

Don't be surprised is Lenon starts. He's been a productive player for 2 different teams.

I'm guessing Baker. Watson, Smith, and Thomas have better chances of making the 53.

You rescued me in the Orton vs Cutler trial, but you're losing me on the Lenon starting love. If he starts and does well - great - hope it happens. But to think he'll be more than a few plays here and there/ST guy is a stretch.

He was just a 6th rounder, not worth keeping one of them on the roster all year. :D

Lets pray it is James Sanders!!

if it happens - we can buy our tix to miami

Just wondering if that change in the wedging rule on kick returns have any affect on which way the knife falls?

Last edited:
Just wondering if that change in the wedging rule on kick returns have any affect on which way the knife falls?

Now thats a good question. I'm not really familiar with what changed on STs. However, i know someone who does.

Oh BOX,,,,,,paging Sir BOX :horn:

He'll answer this question for us. :eat3:

I think the TE overload is because Thomas is done. Some article indicated his foot never healed right, I believe.

Don't remember specifics, but I liked Thomas and foot injuries can linger.

Now thats a good question. I'm not really familiar with what changed on STs. However, i know someone who does.

Oh BOX,,,,,,paging Sir BOX :horn:

He'll answer this question for us. :eat3:
TE and LB 'may' be weighted a little because the new two-man wedge limits would seem to require blockers who are more nimble to intercept the coverage guys flying down the field. That said I think it's more likely the Pats go with three TEs and consider an extra LB.

I think the TE overload is because Thomas is done. Some article indicated his foot never healed right, I believe.

Don't remember specifics, but I liked Thomas and foot injuries can linger.
He's definitely not been right since that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft