PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Have Explored Multiple QB Options This Year, Yet No One Else Has Emerged

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Have Explored Multiple QB Options This Year, Yet No One Else Has Emerged
Ian Logue
Heading into the bye week, the question everyone continues to wonder is, who will be under center in two weeks against the Giants with seven weeks left to play in the 2023 season?

The post Patriots Have Explored Multiple QB Options This Year, Yet No One Else Has Emerged appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Patriots Have Explored Multiple QB Options This Year, Yet No One Else Has Emerged
Ian Logue
Heading into the bye week, the question everyone continues to wonder is, who will be under center in two weeks against the Giants with seven weeks left to play in the 2023 season?

The post Patriots Have Explored Multiple QB Options This Year, Yet No One Else Has Emerged appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Curran is too old as a writer. He doesn't make sense any more. Think he should hang it up. Before they fire him.

Curran is too old as a writer. He doesn't make sense any more. Think he should hang it up. Before they fire him.
Yeah, bring on more Wiggy's and whoever that rageful plumpette on the morning show is. Bring on more obese, bearded backslappers, a few more inarticulate retired tight ends. We've got to drive the collective IQ of the Boston media down as low as possible. That's the Boston way. All those big words on weei are getting out of hand. Phil Perry is showing worrisome some signs of a functioning cerebellum. He bears watching too. I want the government to step in, as soon as the top guy's nap is over.

Says more about Mac's competition at the position than it does about him.
They tried a number of option not as a way of exercising due diligence, but because they don't know how to pick "options" who are actually worth a even considering, so every week or two they snatch up a couple more to molder away on the depth chart.

You think Bill would have learned his lesson from when he went into 2020 with his pants down only having Stidham and had to scramble to get Cam last minute

You think Bill would have learned his lesson from when he went into 2020 with his pants down only having Stidham and had to scramble to get Cam last minute
I wonder how Stidham would have done if it was just him as the #1.

I wonder how Stidham would have done if it was just him as the #1.
They were high on him…until they weren’t. Same with Zappe, or at least that’s what it feels like. I’ve made the comparison a few times but he’s become the QB equivalent of Jonas Gray. There were whispers last year about how Mac’s ceiling was potentially not radically higher from what they felt Zappe’s might have been, at least based on what leaked out.

Yet, since then, he’s been waived, brought back, and they still seem to be wavering on even playing him at all despite where they’re at. Not implying he’s necessarily going to be better, but it’s just odd how it’s played out.

Although Belichick did praise him for his work in the two minute as of late and that’s why he was apparently out there Sunday. But again, just strange how they’ve handled it.

If I had a dime for every report that the Patriots “are having internal discussions” “are considering” “were in the running for”. They were gunna do this, gunna do that. They actually do absolutely nothing.

Maybe if Bill explored NFL starting QB talent, he wouldn't be in this mess.

“Between Ian Book, Matt Corral, Malik Cunningham, Bailey Zappe, Trace McSorely, Mac, and Will Grier, it’s seven different people.”

Bill must put no value on the QB position by waiting so long after the season ended last year to come up with that list.

Ian Book - not good enough to be a career backup
Matt Corral - head case
Malik - XFL HOF, won't be a QB in the NFL
Zappe - Soon to be high school coach in Texas
McSorely - Crappy Big Ten QB
Mac - Same footwork as Johnny Foxborough
Will Grier - TB12 was QB of NEP last time he threw a pass in the NFL

Bet the HC of Foxborough High Football team could identify better QB talent.

Yeah, bring on more Wiggy's and whoever that rageful plumpette on the morning show is. Bring on more obese, bearded backslappers, a few more inarticulate retired tight ends. We've got to drive the collective IQ of the Boston media down as low as possible. That's the Boston way. All those big words on weei are getting out of hand. Phil Perry is showing worrisome some signs of a functioning cerebellum. He bears watching too. I want the government to step in, as soon as the top guy's nap is over.
Hear hear.

Once in a while I turn on WEEI and I never last very long, hardly ever more than a minute. I used to think that Wiggy would be okay, having met him a couple of times, but he's brutal. I can't believe what comes out of his mouth sometimes.

I've only seen Curran a few times and Perry a couple of times but I like them both.

Hear hear.

Once in a while I turn on WEEI and I never last very long, hardly ever more than a minute. I used to think that Wiggy would be okay, having met him a couple of times, but he's brutal. I can't believe what comes out of his mouth sometimes.

I've only seen Curran a few times and Perry a couple of times but I like them both.
Maybe I'm a big dork (probably am), but I like intelligent sports talk, Way back in the day, when professional sports "talk" was only to be found in the newspapers, you had people like Jimmy Breslin, Red Smith and Dave Anderson at the Times, later George Will and others, whose writings were occasionally profound and always literate and intelligent. Tom E Curran occasionally comes across as an odd duck, but his commentary always offers a thoughtful take. He sort of thinks out loud when he speaks, which is far better than the prefabricated pabulum you get from most sports commentators. Phill Perry, who always strikes me as "the perfect son-in-law," pretty much does everything right, asks Bill tough questions, and vets his views rigorously before sharing them. I also like Rich Keefe, Fitsy, and Meggo: all smart, all fun. The late AM show has sunken nearly to an unlistenable condition since Keefe's departure from that slot. He was excellent foil to Gresh who, without that tether, wanders off into fart noises and angry insistence on how stupid the fans are. Meggo manages to add a little intelligent commentary into the drearily predictable "hot take" monologue we get from Adam Jones. Fitzy is...Fitzy (well, sort of).

WEEI is the only sports talk out in the boondocks where I live, so when WEEI goes wrong, I'm out of luck. I haven't listened to 98.5 in years. Maybe I should check that out online. There's no reception "over the airways" for that station, so I can't really listen to them in my car. (Internet reception is weak hereabouts, and I get one-bar signal on my phone. I hope WEEI can regain some of what they have lost. They could start by moving Adam to the late night slot, where his affinity for monologue could work, then giving Keefe his chair on Adam's current show. The morning show is just unlistenable for me: no redeeming virtues at all. I wonder what has happened to the ratings for that show.

Oh well, if I am not a dork, I am at least certainly an old curmudgeon. So it goes.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back