PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Zappe’s Emergence is Certainly Changing Patriots’ QB Conversation

Callahan and Kyed’s season post mortem was an interesting read. Not sure how it’s possible that the takeaway from that would be this team is really good sans the QB.

The Chiefs let JuJu walk. They didn’t even try to resign him. Even though they have no WRs, they decided Kadarius Toney was a better option at WR than Smith-Schuster. What does that say? JuJu’s knee is toast. The Chiefs knew it. Belichick didn’t.
The Chiefs let Tyreek walk also... because they're broke.
Sow started because there is no one else. Not that he is good. He has been ok since moving him back to guard and he was a disaster at tackle. The line struggled with Strange went out because Mafi is awful not because Strange is so good. The Pats barely have five o-line who can play. The second they lost anyone, the o-line falls apart. The Pats have absolutely no depth at o-line.
Baloney... Sow beat everyone else out for the job and has played really well for a rookie. Strange got hurt... period.

Injuries on the offensive line have been an issue going all the way back to camp. No team in the NFL has a line that can withstand the bevy of injuries this team has.
At least you agree with me that Henry is good and not great. Kittle, Hockenson, Engram, Nojku, and LaPorta are all better than Henry.
Sure... let's see which free agent TE gets paid the most this offseason.
Zappe is not going to be the bridge QB. He is a back up. That is his ceiling. He will not be starting for the Patriots next year. The Pats will bring in a veteran QB who can start or will be starting a rookie.
Bridge QB's turn into backups once the rookie surpasses the bridge player... that's literally their function.

Your post is typical Pat's fan malaise... all things Patriot suck, all things (insert any team here) is great... this was the case in 2014, 2016 and 2018 as well. Whiny entitled Pat's fans who started watching in 2001 who've never known anything but success... so now they think it's easy.

The Chiefs let Tyreek walk also... because they're broke.

Baloney... Sow beat everyone else out for the job and has played really well for a rookie. Strange got hurt... period.

Injuries on the offensive line have been an issue going all the way back to camp. No team in the NFL has a line that can withstand the bevy of injuries this team has.

Sure... let's see which free agent TE gets paid the most this offseason.

Bridge QB's turn into backups once the rookie surpasses the bridge player... that's literally their function.

Your post is typical Pat's fan malaise... all things Patriot suck, all things (insert any team here) is great... this was the case in 2014, 2016 and 2018 as well. Whiny entitled Pat's fans who started watching in 2001 who've never known anything but success... so now they think it's easy.

The Chiefs traded Tyreek because he was going to cost $22 million a year. Juju signed for three years $25.5 million. Totally two different things. Fact is, JuJu's knee is toast and the Chiefs were ready to move on because of it.

Sow was supposed to be a tackle. He failed miserably. He was awful filling in for Trent Brown. And the only reason that happened was because neither Riley Reiff nor Calvin Anderson could be healthy enough to play. He only got on the field as a RG after they couldn't figure out a player to be the RT without being a turnstile and they moved Owenu to RT.

We played the Dolphins in week eight with them having three of their starting o-linemen out or barely playing and they scored 31 points on the Pats. Don't say no team can withstand a bevy of injuries on the o-line.

What TEs are free agents this offseason? Dalton Schultz and Noah Fant the only other TE of note who is a free agent this offseason. neither are better than good. And wouldn't be shocked if Schultz gets more than Henry.

And I know what bridge QBs are. A bridge QB is a QB Zappe will likely be backing up next year unless he is dealt somewhere else where he may be backing up another type of QB. Zappe isn't good enough to be a bridge QB.

And my post is dealing with reality not spoiled Pats fan syndrome. I came into the season expecting the Pats not making the playoffs. I didn't even care if they had a worse record than last year. All I asked for was progress from last year. I wanted to see this team take another step closer to being a contender from last year. That is all I asked for. They regressed quite a bit.

And I am hopeful for the future. I think the Pats could be in position to rebound quite well if they do it correctly. They could draft a franchise QB and they have tons of money to fix issues. But I am also a realist and know it will take two to three years for the Pats to rebound. I will be less optimistic if Belichick or a Belichick puppet is picking all these players. But I am hopeful for the future.

So stop labeling me.

Callahan and Kyed’s season post mortem was an interesting read. Not sure how it’s possible that the takeaway from that would be this team is really good sans the QB.
Nobody serious believes this was a remotely decent team aside from QB.

Reactions: sb1
They could have Mahomes, Burrow or Herbert and be contending for the AFC.

Brady wasn’t the only great QB when he played, and there’s still great QB’s now that he’s gone.
That is assuming that the Pats could develop them. I am not sure they could.

• Agree

This is a 10+ win team if the guy they cut before the season had started all the games. Just put on your rose colored glasses and you can just see all those wins. How difficult is that to understand?

• Winner
Zappe’s Emergence is Certainly Changing Patriots’ QB Conversation
Ian Logue
With just two games left to go and not much left to play for, New England Patriots quarterback Bailey Zappe is quietly doing something that could see the team have to make some interesting decisions this offseason.

The post Zappe’s Emergence is Certainly Changing Patriots’ QB Conversation appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Let's just say it is going to be an interesting August.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back