Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When does Penix get drafted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't imagine the Chargers actually trading Herbert in reality, but absolutely, I think you make that trade. A guy who has shown what he can do in the NFL is better than someone who hasn't.
He’s shown an under .500 record and one playoff loss.

I’d rather he keep showing that lack of production in LA.

So he's Kirk Cousins on the then-Redskins.
Chargers have had lots of talent on both sides of the ball. I’d say it’s all on Herbert. People have blamed his coaches, his supporting cast.

He shows enough to amaze and such, but there is no production.

Chargers have had lots of talent on both sides of the ball. I’d say it’s all on Herbert. People have blamed his coaches, his supporting cast.

He shows enough to amaze and such, but there is no production.
Makes you wonder if Harbaugh will try to get rid of him.

If the Pats trade down, I would like to see them just punt on QB this year. I hope that they draft Maye but I still Washington takes him.

I wonder if there's a scenario where Penix is gone by 11?
There is, it involves QB going in picks 1-4, as well as Nix going in the top 10.

I mean, the scenario exists, but you're leaving an awful lot of talent on the draft board in said scenario. For example, Odunze or Nabers, Brock Bowers among others, not to mention, your pick of any defensive player in the draft.

There is, it involves QB going in picks 1-4, as well as Nix going in the top 10.

I mean, the scenario exists, but you're leaving an awful lot of talent on the draft board in said scenario. For example, Odunze or Nabers, Brock Bowers among others, not to mention, your pick of any defensive player in the draft.
Yeah, I think the prospect of the second tier QBs going so high is probably a media invention, but if a team needs a QB that bad, it's definitely possible.

Yeah, I think the prospect of the second tier QBs going so high is probably a media invention, but if a team needs a QB that bad, it's definitely possible.
I'm not sure, I think some teams are actually that desperate. The hype has been so strong this draft cycle, for not just QBs, that *owners* will get involved with the front office.

If we trade #3 for a bag, we need to be prepared to start Brisset all year. I'd not want to reach for Penix/Nix when we could stand pat and get Rattler or something...

I think @Ian 's post a while back about O'Rouke seemed interesting.....

If we trade #3 for a bag, we need to be prepared to start Brisset all year. I'd not want to reach for Penix/Nix when we could stand pat and get Rattler or something...

I think @Ian 's post a while back about O'Rouke seemed interesting.....
I think we’re prepared to start Brisset all year regardless of who we draft.

So, you are saying if the two available are NOT our guy, we stay at 3 and pick a non-QB?

Or, are you saying that if Penix is our preference at QB over the 2 available, we should pick him at 3?
I think if you're taking Penix no matter what, then you trade back for the best offer available and then take him wherever you land.

I think if you're taking Penix no matter what, then you trade back for the best offer available and then take him wherever you land.
And assume no one will take him before the Pats do? Even if it’s a small jump by Las Vegas to get ahead of the Pats? I think there’s too much room for error in there.

I think if you do fall back to 11, you’re having conversations with every team about their pick and probably trying to move back up.

I think we’re prepared to start Brisset all year regardless of who we draft.
Unless as I've mentioned in my post that rookie shows he's ready in camp.. the defense won't be giving him any mercy.

And assume no one will take him before the Pats do? Even if it’s a small jump by Las Vegas to get ahead of the Pats? I think there’s too much room for error in there.

I think if you do fall back to 11, you’re having conversations with every team about their pick and probably trying to move back up.
I think you've got to stay in the top 10. I imagine the talking heads will 100% destroy them if they take Penix at #3.

I think you've got to stay in the top 10. I imagine the talking heads will 100% destroy them if they take Penix at #3.
Yeah, if the top four QBs go in the top 5 picks, I think the Pats would be sweating waiting until 10 or 11.

Yeah, if the top four QBs go in the top 5 picks, I think the Pats would be sweating waiting until 10 or 11.
If the Falcons end up getting bumped back to 32, that would also eliminate one less player from being taken, while also getting rid of one more team someone could trade with, and move everything up. Sort of curious to see how that shakes out.

If the Falcons end up getting bumped back to 32, that would also eliminate one less player from being taken, while also getting rid of one more team someone could trade with, and move everything up. Sort of curious to see how that shakes out.
NFL leaked they won’t decide until after the draft.

If the team is convinced that Penix is the guy THEN eff the media... doesn't matter what they think..

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back