PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will "in Bill we trust" start to lose it's shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBruinz said:
Good Riddance, then, Jacky. Go root for the Browns or some other team. The Patriots don't need bandwagon fans like yourself who are clueless about the game, the salary cap, and the team in general.

Ill support the Pats untl my last day. Whether its an 8-8 season like next year or a 14-2 season in 6 years. I wonder how long it'll take until the genius feels Brady is used goods and dumps him, too.

cdillon28 said:
I'm a life long Pats fan and I have enjoyed watching what Bill and Scott have done with this team since taking over, but when will we stop with this "In Bill we trust" and start saying "In Bill we have some trust". I look at last season when Bill and Scott thought the system could replace Ty Law. They went and traded for Starks and we all know how that ended. Because of Bill and Scott's mistake the secondary was one of the worst secondary's in the league, and they still need to sure it up.
Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V. If they let all 3 of these player go (we know that Givens is gone) and try and replace them with "system player" i.e. cheap players, we could be in for a very long season. Just look at the Bisell/ Brown experiment. If Bill and Scott don't replace or either upgrade those positions (including the secondary) we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best and possibly missing the playoffs.

CDillon -
You want people to believe that you are trying to engage in intelligent conversation, yet you make several erroneous statements that make your post unintelligent.

First, you slam the Patriots secondary. Yep, the secondary of Michael Stone (street free agent), Arturo Freeman (Free agent that was cut in cap and brought back), Eugene Wilson (trying to do too much), and Duane Starks (badly injured shoulder), with reserves James Sanders (rookie), Ellis Hobbs (rookie), Randall Gay (playing injured), Guss Scott (playing injured) did very poorly. No one denies that. However, you totally ignore the fact that Poole, Harrison and Chad Scott were already on the IR and then were joined by Starks, G. Scott, and Randall Gay, forcing the Pats to bring in Hank Poteat and Artrell Hawkins. Gay was the 6th DB to go onto the IR and that happened in week 9. The Patriots had 10 DBs on the roster coming out of camp. Can you honestly say that you could have predicted that 6 of those 10 would be on the IR by week 9? If you answer "NO", then how can you have expected BB and Pioli to do the same?

Now, another thing about the secondary, it was affected by the lack of adequate play from the front 7. Seymour being out didn't help. Wilfork not playing well didn't help. Warren and McGinest were Solid, but not spectacular. Colvin didn't start being effective until he got onto the field in game 9. Beisel was not brought in to be a starter. It was his first time playing ILB in the 3-4 and it was obvious. However, by the end of the season he was playing better. Chad Brown hadn't been a run-stuffing ILB ever and it was originally thought he'd be opposite Ted Johnson, but Johnson retired before training camp and left the Pats in a lurch.

So, there are two MAJOR facets of the picture that you blatantly ignore that should, IF you are as avid of a football fan as you claim, change your mind entirely about the secondary. If it doesn't, then it clear your motive is to whine about BB and Pioli and not actually look at the facts or engage in intelligent conversation.

Jacky Roberts said:
Ill support the Pats untl my last day. Whether its an 8-8 season like next year or a 14-2 season in 6 years. I wonder how long it'll take until the genius feels Brady is used goods and dumps him, too.

1st things 1st. You are NOT a Patriots fan. You are a clueless bandwagoner.

Now, Jacky, you think next year the Pats will be 8-8. Care to put some money on that? I'll wage $50 you are full of it.

As for your idiotic comments about BB dumping Brady, My guess is that Brady is here as long as he wants to be here. He's currently signed through 2010, at which point Tom will be 33 going on 34. Who knows. Tom might decide to retire at that point.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
1st things 1st. You are NOT a Patriots fan. You are a clueless bandwagoner.

Now, Jacky, you think next year the Pats will be 8-8. Care to put some money on that? I'll wage $50 you are full of it.

As for your idiotic comments about BB dumping Brady, My guess is that Brady is here as long as he wants to be here. He's currently signed through 2010, at which point Tom will be 33 going on 34. Who knows. Tom might decide to retire at that point.

As PISSED as I am right now, when I calm down I'll realize this team wont look as barren as it does today. That being said, WHAT ARE THEY DOING??? Does BB really think he can put Flotsom and Jetsom into his system and they'll win? 55 was a huge 'character' guy who can't be replaced.

Jacky Roberts said:
As PISSED as I am right now, when I calm down I'll realize this team wont look as barren as it does today. That being said, WHAT ARE THEY DOING??? Does BB really think he can put Flotsom and Jetsom into his system and they'll win? 55 was a huge 'character' guy who can't be replaced.

HUGE CHARACTER GUYS are replaced on teams. It happens. These guys don't live forever nor do they have their skills forever.

BB obviously felt that some of the lack of production from the defense early in the season last year was a result of Willie's skills starting to diminish. As a result, he obviously felt that paying Willie $7 million this year was irresponsible and that new blood was needed.

I suggest that you educate yourself on the fact that there is still PLENTY of talent available. Both in free agency and the draft. And that the Patriots could, very well, be looking at playing a rookie opposite Colvin to start the year or opposite Bruschi.

While it might be a short-term step backwards, LONG TERM, BB obviously feels that is what is best for the TEAM.

Jacky Jacky should be telling lame jokes in between strippers at Joe's Dive Bar off 42nd ST in Manhattan

DaBruinz said:
HUGE CHARACTER GUYS are replaced on teams. It happens. These guys don't live forever nor do they have their skills forever.

BB obviously felt that some of the lack of production from the defense early in the season last year was a result of Willie's skills starting to diminish. As a result, he obviously felt that paying Willie $7 million this year was irresponsible and that new blood was needed.

I suggest that you educate yourself on the fact that there is still PLENTY of talent available. Both in free agency and the draft. And that the Patriots could, very well, be looking at playing a rookie opposite Colvin to start the year or opposite Bruschi.

While it might be a short-term step backwards, LONG TERM, BB obviously feels that is what is best for the TEAM.

Give me your list of who is available that the Pats will have a legitimate shot at?

cdillon28 said:
Listen DUDE,
I'M NOT JUMPING OFF THE BANDWAGON IGGY. I have an opinion that I shared with the members of this message board. Why is it that as soon as someone disagrees with BB or even question him he's an idiot or in your word "Stupid"? Why? The last time a checked this is a message board to post your opinions and maybe engage in intelligent converstaion. That's what I'm doing, like it or not!

HE IS THE GREATEST COACH IN NFL HISTORY, WITH 5 SUPER BOWL RINGS DURING THE FREE AGENT/SALARY CAP ERA. HE HAS MORE PLAYOFF WINS THAN THE MAN THE FRICKEN TROPHY IS NAMED AFTER. THREE SUPER BOWL RINGS IN FIVE YEARS....YOU PEOPLE HAVE LOST YOUR MIND! :mad:

We lost a 33 year old linebacker and a wide receiver who signed with Tennessee for the money. BB offered a contract that would have made our PK the highest paid kicker in NFL history.

No offense 28, but suggesting that we should no longer trust our coach is STUPID and NOT intelligent conversation!

Bill's Girl said:
HE IS THE GREATEST COACH IN NFL HISTORY, WITH 5 SUPER BOWL RINGS DURING THE FREE AGENT/SALARY CAP ERA. HE HAS MORE PLAYOFF WINS THAN THE MAN THE FRICKEN TROPHY IS NAMED AFTER. THREE SUPER BOWL RINGS IN FIVE YEARS....YOU PEOPLE HAVE LOST YOUR MIND! :mad:

We lost a 33 year old linebacker and a wide receiver who signed with Tennessee for the money. BB offered a contract that would have made our PK the highest paid kicker in NFL history.

No offense 28, but suggesting that we should no longer trust our coach is STUPID and NOT intelligent conversation!

BG, we are falling under the influence of Red Sox type fans. Always whining, always second guessing, always thinking that they know more than the team leadership, always spouting off meaningless stats. It's been that way with baseball fans for years.

Now, we have some who think this is baseball and the very little knowledge thye have about the NFL, the Patriots, and the current Patriots management team, makes them sound dumber than a post.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Not even worth the time to having a discussion with them.

Jacky Roberts said:
Give me your list of who is available that the Pats will have a legitimate shot at?

I think the Pats have a legitimate shot at anyone they want.

At WR: Reche Caldwell, Quincy Morgan, Peerless Price, Keyshawn Johnson, Antonio Chatman, Jabar Gaffney, Shaun McDonald, Ike Hilliard, Randy Hymes,
At LB: Chris Claiborne, Julian Peterson, Antwan Peek, Jamie Sharper, Tommy Polley
At Safety: Tank Williams
At K: Josh Brown, Adam Vinatieri
RB: Verron Haynes, Johnathan Wells, Michael Bennett, James Mungro, Domenic Rhodes, Anthony Thomas, Kenny Watson
AT CB: Jerry Azumeh, Deshea Townsend, Ty Law
At TE: Aaron Shea, Jeb Putzier, Jed Weaver, Teyo Johnson,

DaBruinz said:
I think the Pats have a legitimate shot at anyone they want.

At WR: Reche Caldwell, Quincy Morgan, Peerless Price, Keyshawn Johnson, Antonio Chatman, Jabar Gaffney, Shaun McDonald, Ike Hilliard, Randy Hymes,
At LB: Chris Claiborne, Julian Peterson, Antwan Peek, Jamie Sharper, Tommy Polley
At Safety: Tank Williams
At K: Josh Brown, Adam Vinatieri
RB: Verron Haynes, Johnathan Wells, Michael Bennett, James Mungro, Domenic Rhodes, Anthony Thomas, Kenny Watson
AT CB: Jerry Azumeh, Deshea Townsend, Ty Law
At TE: Aaron Shea, Jeb Putzier, Jed Weaver, Teyo Johnson,

Those receivers are garbage, scratch all of them.

Peterson is intriguing, but I can't see them signing him.

Vinatieri is the obvious pick, but they dont seem to know that.

Did you really type "Anthony Thomas"???

Townsend would be nice, but not at the money he'll want.

Putzier would be an nice pickup, but with Graham/Watson, why spend the money?

cdillon28 said:
I'm a life long Pats fan and I have enjoyed watching what Bill and Scott have done with this team since taking over, but when will we stop with this "In Bill we trust" and start saying "In Bill we have some trust". I look at last season when Bill and Scott thought the system could replace Ty Law. They went and traded for Starks and we all know how that ended. Because of Bill and Scott's mistake the secondary was one of the worst secondary's in the league, and they still need to sure it up.
Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V. If they let all 3 of these player go (we know that Givens is gone) and try and replace them with "system player" i.e. cheap players, we could be in for a very long season. Just look at the Bisell/ Brown experiment. If Bill and Scott don't replace or either upgrade those positions (including the secondary) we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best and possibly missing the playoffs.
Hey, 2002 was also a bad year for the Pats in picking up free agent lunks. So what did BB and staff do. Proceed to win back-to-back Super Bowls the next 2 seasons. The 2nd won was cinched by the acquisition of... oh... what's his name... oh yeah! Corey Dillon #28.

Cut 'em some slack already. You'd think we were the Raiders or something.

We are under the cap by a lot right? I really like the idea of that, we pretty much can see what teams are trying to go for what, and then pick up the guys that would help counter act it.

Like the dolphins grabbing daunte, we now can focus more on the LBs that can cover well against mobile quarterbacks, and have the money to pay them well,then train them well, they get paid well, then they play well, and your team looks well.

chances are dauntes ability to run is gona cost you points or games down the season.

In BB I trust.

Not for some time...

IMHO,this guy has been great,much better that great ,since he's been here,and I think he has more to bring.Bob Kraft will hang on to him for a long time,rightly so.How many teams in this league would want him?How do you think the Jets fans feel about him coming here???Ask Joe Benigno from Wfan.......

Never...BB has earned the right to be a respected New England icon forever.

PATSNUTme said:
BG, we are falling under the influence of Red Sox type fans. Always whining, always second guessing, always thinking that they know more than the team leadership, always spouting off meaningless stats. It's been that way with baseball fans for years.

Now, we have some who think this is baseball and the very little knowledge thye have about the NFL, the Patriots, and the current Patriots management team, makes them sound dumber than a post.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Not even worth the time to having a discussion with them.

Is this why you accused me of being a baseball guy in another thread just because I happened to not want to use the word "locker room" so many times in my post and instead used the term "clubhouse" once?

Just because a person watches different sports shouldn't be a reason for them to be any less knowledgeable about football or the Patriots.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
(sic)Givens would be nice, but not at the money he'll want.

(sic)McGinest would be a nice pickup, but with Colvin/Vrabel/Bruschi et al, why spend the money?

consider the irony

Not for some time...

Imho,this guy has done great things for this team,I dont think the ride is over yet.I'm still hanging on to my seat .....

smg93 said:
Is this why you accused me of being a baseball guy in another thread just because I happened to not want to use the word "locker room" so many times in my post and instead used the term "clubhouse" once?

Just because a person watches different sports shouldn't be a reason for them to be any less knowledgeable about football or the Patriots.

Are you paranoid?

Read what I said on THIS thread. I did bring up to you about Clubhouse vs Lockeroom on ANOTHER thread.

That, in itself, does not make you the type of person that I was reffering to. But, I have seen a lot of the newer posters spout the WEEI caller type lines common to a baseball whiner.

If that does not apply to you then don't be offended by it.

EDIT: Not all baseball or Red Sox fans are like what I had described. But, there are many who are.

Also, if I do have something to say to or at you, I'm not shy about doing it directly so you don't have to guess. It was the same when I posted, what I thought was a humorous photo, on a thread that you started. The thread had been taken over by others who got the original premise distorted and made it a tired rant.

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:

Don't let the jackasses like jacky and Cdillon28 get your goat. Idiots they are idiots they'll remain, bandwagoners both, and as expected they will hold and will make idiotic comments.

Although I think it possible for each to improve to say imbecile or moron for example...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News