PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will "in Bill we trust" start to lose it's shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a Spiro Agnew quote to boot. :D :D :D

cdillon28 said:
You guys are killing me. I ask A simple question and all of a sudden it's freakin world war III. Take a chill pill people it's just a post. And for the person who noted how many post me and the other person of opinion have. I would like to share some info with you. I've been posting on this board since it was part of Rivals. I was using the name Pimpdaddy as a tribute to a good friend of mine in Providence RI. I changed it in 2004 when Patsfans.com went to this format and I chose cdillon28 as a tribute to Corey Dillon (my son's favorite player). I have not been able to do much posting becasue I was in Iraq the past year serving this great country of ours. But I'm home now and I hope to contribute regularly to this forum. Go Pats, but In BB I only trust some times.
whoo- rah!

Thanks for your service and welcome back.

However, I will trust BB & Scott until they prove themselves wrong. I sincerely believe if we hadn't had so many injuries last year, we would have claimed SBXX.

Yes, even Strarks would have been a good addition if his shoulder hadn't been so bad.

cdillon28 said:
You guys are killing me. I ask A simple question and all of a sudden it's freakin world war III. Take a chill pill people it's just a post. And for the person who noted how many post me and the other person of opinion have. I would like to share some info with you. I've been posting on this board since it was part of Rivals. I was using the name Pimpdaddy as a tribute to a good friend of mine in Providence RI. I changed it in 2004 when Patsfans.com went to this format and I chose cdillon28 as a tribute to Corey Dillon (my son's favorite player). I have not been able to do much posting becasue I was in Iraq the past year serving this great country of ours. But I'm home now and I hope to contribute regularly to this forum. Go Pats, but In BB I only trust some times.
whoo- rah!

The answer to your question is you trust someone when things seem uncertain.

You trust someone because they have come through for you in the past.

You trust someone to do the right thing when there is no evidence yet.

If someone has to make all sorts of noise to reassure you they are doing something, you never "trusted" them in the first place.

You only trusted them in hindsight after they were completely successful, that is won the Super Bowl.

Either you never trusted Piolichick in the first place, or you don't know what trust means.

I prescribe one very large chill pill.

cdillon28 said:
whoo- rah!

Welcome back. Glad you're one of the lucky ones that made it. Know the feeling well but different war.

Hell, I liked Dillon all the years he was on the Bengals. Go ahead and post your butt off, however I'll continue to trust BB until he really screws up big time which hasn't happened yet. I'm just still overjoyed after suffering the 40 years of mostly crap teams the Pats had in the past.

I'm jumping off the bandwagon, too. It's been over 13 months since BB has won anything in this league.

He's probably thrown in the towel, and the fire has gone out in his belly.

It's because he's cheap and the Pats won't pay their players.

How did we just let Givens walk without matching his 25mil offer?

Also, we should have let Willie count 8mil against the cap.

Does this pretty much sum up the arguments of all the absolute morons who must have the shortest memories imaginable?

Welcome back, and thank you for your service.

You would have received a different response if you introducedyour self.

You asked a serious question. One answer was 2015 which seems about right.
We were in the playoffs last year, despite the injuries. I think the season was a success. I think this decade is a success, and that this decade's pats are one of the best teams of all time.

I think that your assessment of the 2006 secondary and the choices made in grossly off mark. At one point we were looking at Chad Scott, Poole, Samuel and Gay as our corners, with Wilson and Harrison at the safeties. We had plenty of youth backing them up: Guss Scott, Sanders, Hobbs. Five of these ended on IR. Is Pioli responsible or bb? And yes, I would have preferred Law to Starks.

Givens signed for $5M a year. AV wants more than $3M. Willie is checking around to see what he's worth.

What teams will succeed over the last four years of the decade. Will they be those who gave away tens of millions in the first week of free agency after the CBA was signed. Or rather, will it be those teams that sat back and used their cap money more wisely. How many have been signed by the pats, PITT and PHIL? I think these teams have always spent their cap money wisely, although I though PHIL should have spent more after the draft last year.

The BOTTOM LINE is that fans whine every year about the inaction of the pats in free agency. The question in the end is how well they spend the cap money, and how many times the team wins playoff games and the SB. bb and pioli have an incredible record so far this decade. I don't think there will be any question in four years. The job done by pioli and bb in managing the 2000-2009 patriots will be looked back upon as the best job ever by Management. I don't know how many Super Bowls, how many coaching and managing awards and how many wins it will take to convince you.

And just BTW, I would rather pay KJ $2M a year than pay Givens $5M a year. That is simply good management of resources. There are only 24 players signed for 2007.

cdillon28 said:
I'm a life long Pats fan and I have enjoyed watching what Bill and Scott have done with this team since taking over, but when will we stop with this "In Bill we trust" and start saying "In Bill we have some trust". I look at last season when Bill and Scott thought the system could replace Ty Law. They went and traded for Starks and we all know how that ended. Because of Bill and Scott's mistake the secondary was one of the worst secondary's in the league, and they still need to sure it up.
Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V. If they let all 3 of these player go (we know that Givens is gone) and try and replace them with "system player" i.e. cheap players, we could be in for a very long season. Just look at the Bisell/ Brown experiment. If Bill and Scott don't replace or either upgrade those positions (including the secondary) we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best and possibly missing the playoffs.

Trust Bill. Do not lose faith, oh ye wandering soul. He has a greater plan.

Anyone else think some of us are turning into what yankee fans are. Their team doesnt win and its all over. They dont go get the best player at every position and its all over?

I was looking at the thread and...at first..I wondered how serious it was...Mgth's was a great response to it...made much sense...but HUH??? Lose it's shine?? Does not compute at all...The team went to the playoffs..was injured and had the hardest start to ANY season of any NFL team and...the shine?? Do not understand at all...AT ALL!!

To answer the original question:

When he dies, or he is no longer a part of this organization. I like to think the former will happen before the latter.

cdillon28 said:
Listen DUDE,
I'M NOT JUMPING OFF THE BANDWAGON IGGY. I have an opinion that I shared with the members of this message board. Why is it that as soon as someone disagrees with BB or even question him he's an idiot or in your word "Stupid"? Why? The last time a checked this is a message board to post your opinions and maybe engage in intelligent converstaion. That's what I'm doing, like it or not!

Because your post WAS stupid. They know what they are doing, what more proof could you possibly want then their track record. Even last year, despite all the injuries, they came within four turnovers of winning another championship. Yet, you decide to post stupidity about the defensive backfield. When you post something worth reading, maybe you will get some respect.

Now don't get me wrong, your service for our country is admired and appreciated - that is real world. my response is only football related, now come on, show BB/SP the trust you know they are worthy of.

Do you even know what BB is doing today, since you are so worried?

Last edited:
Not for some time....

IMHO,anyway,a long time...

Not for some time...

A long time,IMHO,this guy has done great,great things with this team....more to come,I dont think the ride is over yet,folks....

Not for a long time

Imho anyway,this man has done great,great things for this organization,I dont think the ride is over yet.I believe Kraft will hang on to him as long as he can.I hope so,anyway.

I'm as big of a believer in BB and the organization as anyone on this board. But at the same time it's a BS to believe they are completely infallable like some do. They're ahead of the curve more often than not, but the Starks and Chad Brown signings prove nobody is perfect. The key is those two flubs don't come close to outweighing the numerous "hits" they've had in picking up players and developing players out of the draft.

That said, BB is making his moves based on 2007 and beyond. Not that he's writing off next year, but it should be obvious what this off-season is going to be about, getting cap room for Branch and Seymour and finding younger, cheaper players who they can develop like they did Givens. It's a set up year for another 3-5 year run .

Last edited:
cdillon28 said:
I'm a life long Pats fan and I have enjoyed watching what Bill and Scott have done with this team since taking over, but when will we stop with this "In Bill we trust" and start saying "In Bill we have some trust". I look at last season when Bill and Scott thought the system could replace Ty Law. They went and traded for Starks and we all know how that ended. Because of Bill and Scott's mistake the secondary was one of the worst secondary's in the league, and they still need to sure it up.
Now we jump to '06 They have let Givens get away, completely shut out Willie Mac, and insulted Adam V. If they let all 3 of these player go (we know that Givens is gone) and try and replace them with "system player" i.e. cheap players, we could be in for a very long season. Just look at the Bisell/ Brown experiment. If Bill and Scott don't replace or either upgrade those positions (including the secondary) we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best and possibly missing the playoffs.

The answer to your question = TODAY

cdillon28 said:
Listen DUDE,
I'M NOT JUMPING OFF THE BANDWAGON IGGY. I have an opinion that I shared with the members of this message board. Why is it that as soon as someone disagrees with BB or even question him he's an idiot or in your word "Stupid"? Why? The last time a checked this is a message board to post your opinions and maybe engage in intelligent converstaion. That's what I'm doing, like it or not!

Corry Cdillon28. What your providing is NOT "intelligent discussion".

AzPatsFan said:
Corry Cdillon28. What your providing is NOT "intelligent discussion".

No AZPatsfan I beg to differ. I AM engaing in intelligent conversation. It is people like yourself and many others who have engaged in insanity. You see I am a pasionate Pats fan. I Love th Patriots. When they lose don't speak to me until Wednesday, (unless you're my superior), I shout at the TV and even throw a few F bombs around, but if I take it any further. Then I become obsessed. And that my good man is something I cannot and will not do, and that is what helps me to keep an open mind.

Jacky Roberts said:
The answer to your question = TODAY

Good Riddance, then, Jacky. Go root for the Browns or some other team. The Patriots don't need bandwagon fans like yourself who are clueless about the game, the salary cap, and the team in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back