• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any reason for Branch to continue his hold out.

If they don't reach a deal, and he needs a face saver now, the Patriots may come up with a bonus, like they did with Seymour.

So, when do you think this will end?

Last edited:
Wednesday August 23rd - 11:24 PM.

At that time, a blogger or ESPN will break the story.

Last edited:
Sometime next week. Probably before Tuesday.

pats1 said:
Wednesday August 23rd - 11:24 PM.

At that time, a blogger or ESPN will break the story.

Let me 'Price is Right' you and say Wednesday, August 23rd - 11:25pm. I'm saying ESPN from the Agent breaks the story.

I'll take the pessimistic view of several games into the regular season. Every time I'm a pessimist, I'm wrong.

Clonamery said:
Let me 'Price is Right' you and say Wednesday, August 23rd - 11:25pm. I'm saying ESPN from the Agent breaks the story.

I hope Reiss gets to break the story. His blog was down last year when Seymour came back (last Herald post was Aug. 1, first Globe post was Aug. 26.)

Last edited:
Well, put your votes where your opinions are.

You can 'view" how people are voting.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I'll take the pessimistic view of several games into the regular season. Every time I'm a pessimist, I'm wrong.

This is OT, but are you starting your own sports site. I saw something on Karen's site yesterday that said "coming 9/1, wickedpissahsports', or something like that.

Feel free not to answer if it's not appropriate for you to answer here.

I am going long..Game 10 when he has to..I know no reason NOT to..but he's way past saving face...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometime around the end of preseason I guess. Whenever he realizes he's being a d!ck and hurting the team. F*ck you, Branch, some team guy you turned out to be.

pats1 said:
I hope Reiss gets to break the story. His blog was down last year when Seymour came back (last Herald post was Aug. 1, first Globe post was Aug. 26.)

Reiss would be the choice but given the agent involved any kind of break in the holdout will need to be spun......and Reiss has been as objective as anyone hopes someone in the Boston Sports Media can be with the 'Branch Holdout' so he won't get the break.

My guess would be eventually....although Tom's text messaging may wear him down. Maybe Tom should suddenly just stop all contact, that might wear on Deion's psyche more than pleading. And if Jackson could get back on the practice field that might help as well. My other guess is Borges will break the story with one of his one sided heart wrenching pieces on the poor abused player (unless BB drops a dime on Reiss first to further piss off the clowns at the Herald and the Courant).

The problem going forward is there is nothing readily available to save face with. Seymour had two years remaining on his deal and they were able to advance him existing old money from the final season without adding anything to his existing deal. And then he had to wait until his holdout season ended to get his new deal.

Chayut doesn't seem to be asking for a bone at this stage anyway. He wants Wayne money or a guarantee of FA in 2007. I can't see them giving in to either of those requests. So I think Deion will come back when we do something to scare him professionally as opposed to financially. Like a couple of really impressive passing performances in the second or third pre season games, or those first two regular season games. He can't and won't go to week 10 regardless of how many times people cite his determination to. That strategy has way too much potential to totally derail a very nice career for a guy, who after paying his fines, will have banked very little in his first 5 seasons in the NFL.

not until the last week of pre-season

i voted in this way

but i hope it will happens before

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
This is OT, but are you starting your own sports site. I saw something on Karen's site yesterday that said "coming 9/1, wickedpissahsports', or something like that.

Feel free not to answer if it's not appropriate for you to answer here.

No problem.
Dunno if you're kidding but the only sport I know anything about, and it's not that much, is football. No site por moi.

Assuming it's not a joke, Karen knows me and may be busting my chops.

-phil

I voted the non-existent "Reserve/Did not report list" option.

If they dont sign him soon, he's as good as gone next year (assuming they don't franchise him which would almost certainly lead to another holdout). Im at the point now where if he doesn't sign by the Redskin exhibition game, they need to trade him. He's not as good as he thinks (Givens will soon find that out about himself, too) and should thank God he has the opportunity to play for a HOFer in his prime in Brady.

Clonamery said:
Reiss would be the choice but given the agent involved any kind of break in the holdout will need to be spun......and Reiss has been as objective as anyone hopes someone in the Boston Sports Media can be with the 'Branch Holdout' so he won't get the break.
Yeah, Reiss would be the choice if the agent wanted objective reporting. Good luck with that, when wRONg Borges would sell his soul (some might say he already has) for another chance to write an article critical of the Patriots. With wRONg, the agent can be assured of teh most favorable spin possible.

primetime said:
I voted the non-existent "Reserve/Did not report list" option.
If we put him on that could he acrue a season towards FA ? By reporting by Week 10 or would that not work ?

PatsWickedPissah said:
No problem.
Dunno if you're kidding but the only sport I know anything about, and it's not that much, is football. No site por moi.

Assuming it's not a joke, Karen knows me and may be busting my chops.

-phil

Check out her site. She has it listed as "new 9/1"

http://www.wickedpissahsports.com

Here you are- check it out.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
If we put him on that could he acrue a season towards FA ? By reporting by Week 10 or would that not work ?
I thought he WAS on that list (Reserve/Did Not Report). That's why he doesn't count against the roster size limit.

If he reports by week 10 (actually 11 I think as our bye comes early), he will gte his accrued year. I think the requirement is six games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes