PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's up With Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was wearing a walking boot after the game, adrenaline probably wore off. Lets hope its just a sprained ankle and that it looked worse on replay than it really is. Luckily we get a bye before the SB and Rob is young.

Tedy Bruschi performed reiki on Gronk's ankle in the locker room and he was good to go.

I'm sure he'll be in more pain tomorrow, but I cannot foresee a scenario where a guy that was able to finish the game couldn't play in the Super Bowl two weeks later. He'll be there and he'll be gronking everything in site.

I'm no doctor, and although he was "helped" off the field when the injury first happened, he was putting pressure on it and not hopping on one foot. That right there tells me it's not broken and the 2 weeks off should give him ample time to rest up.

I'm sure he'll be in more pain tomorrow, but I cannot foresee a scenario where a guy that was able to finish the game couldn't play in the Super Bowl two weeks later. He'll be there and he'll be gronking everything in site.

I don't think he will be Gronking any woman when he is in Indy.

Most of them only have about 4 teeth per mouth

I'm sure Belichick/The Patriots organization is going to tell us what
s up with Gronkowski, too. People, we will not know whether or not he's going to play until the inactives come out on game day....unless its broken....focking Bernard Pollard...Pats play Baltimore next season, too...who's he gonna focking injure in that game? Yeah, I know, but everytime this guy plays the Pats someone in his vicinity is done for the year as a result of a play in which he's involved....

Gronk's ankle bent like a kielbasa. Fortunately that's something he likes.

They will need him to win in 2 weeks

They just put in a call to Tim Tebow. He's flying in tomorrow (doesn't even need a plane, I kid you not) to lay his hands on Gronk's ankle. He'll be 100% by Tuesday.

If Tim could fill in at TE it would be great too.

Gronk left Gillette wearing a protective boot....hopefully only for precautionary reason.

Wes Welker suffered from turf toe one year at Texas Tech. He wore a walking boot 24-7 . . . except for practices and games. :eek:

I'm no doctor, and although he was "helped" off the field when the injury first happened, he was putting pressure on it and not hopping on one foot. That right there tells me it's not broken and the 2 weeks off should give him ample time to rest up.
I walked around 2 days on a fractured ankle when I was a kid, my dad said I was faking and to shake it off. LOL.

BTW . . . what happens when GRONK finds out that he won't be going to Hawaii? :)

Gronk's ankle bent like a kielbasa. Fortunately that's something he likes.

He may also carry the gumby gene, like Bruschi did...

Brady has said he could have come back in the AFCC game in Pitttsburgh in 2002, and he did just a week later (no bye that year) and was OK for practice on Wednesday.

DeOssie was asked about what goes on in the training room in that situation. Was he shot up... He said no, not for that injury. Basically if the xray is clean they just tape it up tight and it's a matter of how the players handles discomfort. Said he will live in a pressurized ice boot for as long as it takes and get whatever other therapy/meds they feel will eleviate any swelling and inflamation and have it taped up tight for support when he has to use it.

The fact that he returned to the game is a good sign he may be ready to go in 2 weeks

Well, Ed Reed is ancient compared to Gronk and he had to be carried off the field last week. He bounced back just fine in a week. I'm optimistic.

Well, Ed Reed is ancient compared to Gronk and he had to be carried off the field last week. He bounced back just fine in a week. I'm optimistic.

Ed Reed isn't Gronks size.

For a bigger man an ankle injury has got to be a bigger concern.

Think he should be ok. hopefully he will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft