PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WhatIfSports predicts the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhatIfSports has now finished all eight divisions in their 2009 simulation - as well as the playoffs.

2009 NFL Predictions From WhatIfSports.com

After a first round bye they have the Pats beating the Chargers by 3 at home and then defeating the Steelers in Pittsburgh by 3 in the AFCCG. After that it's another rematch, against the Eagles in the Super Bowl - with Philly winning on a late FG, 34-31.

Looking at our schedule I think we lose 2 at the most. As said earlier by somebody else if Joey Galloway is in good shape then we will be very scary offensively.

6-0. Very unlikely we lose to any of them this season.

How do you figure that? The division is ultra-competitve this year. The Bills, Dolphins and Pats could all very well be over .500.

EDIT: Then again, the Bills never beat you, but we always do. We'll get at least one from you. Probably a split.

Last edited:
How do you figure that? The division is ultra-competitve this year. The Bills, Dolphins and Pats could all very well be over .500.

EDIT: Then again, the Bills never beat you, but we always do. We'll get at least one from you. Probably a split.

I guess in your world "always" beating the Pats means the Dolphins losing 10 of 16 games against the Pats since 2001.

WhatIfSports has now finished all eight divisions in their 2009 simulation - as well as the playoffs.

2009 NFL Predictions From WhatIfSports.com

After a first round bye they have the Pats beating the Chargers by 3 at home and then defeating the Steelers in Pittsburgh by 3 in the AFCCG. After that it's another rematch, against the Eagles in the Super Bowl - with Philly winning on a late FG, 34-31.

Coach of the Year: Rex Ryan, New York Jets - In first season, Ryan leads Jets into the the playoffs with a rookie quarterback; 2) Bill Belichick; 3) Andy Reid; 4) Gary Kubiak; 5) Mike Singletary

:) Sexy Rexy baby.

Last edited:
I guess in your world "always" beating the Pats means the Dolphins losing 10 of 16 games against the Pats since 2001.

Well that's too much history; our team is completely different from what it was in 2001, there are virtually no holdovers. Let's go back to 2004 and we're 4-6 despite consistently being a worse team. So we do play you guys well comparative to the rest of the league. And I really wouldn't count 2007, that was an anamoly.

Well that's too much history; our team is completely different from what it was in 2001, there are virtually no holdovers. Let's go back to 2004 and we're 4-6 despite consistently being a worse team. So we do play you guys well comparative to the rest of the league. And I really wouldn't count 2007, that was an anamoly.

You know, if you just keep making crap up to get the subset you want, you can come out with the Dolphins undefeated against the Patriots. After all, that second matchup last year really shouldn't count either. I'm sure you can find some silly excuse to justify that. ;)

Last edited:

Everything's always true if you don't count all the times that it wasn't true.

Last edited:

So you're going to erase 8 games to justify your point?

So you're going to erase 8 games to justify your point?

No. I'm just using a smaller sample size dating back to 2004. What does the 2001 Dolphins have to do with the 2009 Dolphins? None of the players are the same. That's like saying, "well we beat swept in 1972 so we're going to sweep you in 2009."

No. I'm just using a smaller sample size dating back to 2004. What does the 2001 Dolphins have to do with the 2009 Dolphins? None of the players are the same. That's like saying, "well we beat swept in 1972 so we're going to sweep you in 2009."

The reality is that the Dolphins are much different under Parcells than even the year before he arrived. So, if you really want to play that game, you're only looking at a 1-1 split with no Brady involved. Of course, that would make your assertion useless, so you didn't choose that avenue. Instead, you cherry picked a year and tried to claim "but 2007 really doesn't count either".

Last edited:

Basically what Deus said.

Either way you spin it, we're a better team than we have been at any point in the decade. The games will be fun.

Out of curiosity, what record do you think the Pats will have within the AFC East?

6-0. End of story.

The division is ultra competitive? Maybe between the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. Give me a break.

Last edited:
Either way you spin it, we're a better team than we have been at any point in the decade. The games will be fun.

You gotta be Aqua4Ever - He was about as obnoxious as you and cherished every little thing the Dolphins did well,Because the glory days for Miami are simply are way too far and few between so we understand your pain and suffering and now you have reason to brag until the Dolphins go back into hibernation by mid season and head back down towards the basement of the AFC East.

Enjoy the season of 2008 and put it in a time capsule - That way you can remember the good times when you dig it back up in 2025,I doubt there will be any between now and then.

You gotta be Aqua4Ever - He was about as obnoxious as you and cherished every little thing the Dolphins did well,Because the glory days for Miami are simply are way too far and few between so we understand your pain and suffering and now you have reason to brag until the Dolphins go back into hibernation by mid season and head back down towards the basement of the AFC East.

Enjoy the season of 2008 and put it in a time capsule - That way you can remember the good times when you dig it back up in 2025,I doubt there will be any between now and then.

I was thinking the same thing because he's using the same avatar of Chris Chambers.

Last edited:

2001 Dolphins went 11-5, won the division and got spanked by the Ravens. 2008 Dolphins went 11-5, won the division and got spanked by the Ravens.

2001 Dolphins were 8th offensively and 11th defensively
2008 Dolphins were 21st offensively and 9th defensively

Tough to make a claim that this Dolphins team is better than that one at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back