PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WhatIfSports predicts the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL!!!!!! You're joking right?????? Mind telling me how we're falling "further and further back"? The only department we've fallen back on is Wide Receiver. That's it. Quarterback? Improved. RB? Improved? Defense? Improved A LOT. Coaching? Improved. O-Line? Improved, one more year of continuity, and they were one of the best in the NFL even as of last year.

One of the dumbest statements I've ever heard.

Is this Aqua??

I'd say that was an apt description. Manfgini as much as Pats fans hate him, is a much better Coach than the loud mouth oaf, that the desperate FO resorted to, after every competent Coach laughed at them.

I'd say that was an apt description. Manfgini as much as Pats fans hate him, is a much better Coach than the loud mouth oaf, that the desperate FO resorted to, after every competent Coach laughed at them.

That just shows how LITTLE you know about football, if you think Mangidiot is a better coach than Ryan. Ryan would have to be god-awful to be worse.

The Titans are the only team that rival you; I'd still take theirs over yours.
Justin Gage is better than any receiver we got, but I would still take our corps, because we DO have some young, but unproven talent. Also, Dustin Keller is better than Bo Scaife.

How many touchdowns and yards is your offensive line going to compile? That's all good and dandy, but they aren't the skill players and you know damn well that's what I was talking about. And he's 31 and he wants a new deal. When players are bitter, they don't always perform like they can. See Chad Ochocinco.
You missed the whole point, smarty. Our offensive line enables WHOEVER we put in the backfield to be a better than average back, thus helping us produce more from the HB position. TJ will be MORE than adequate this year, he isn't going to slow down too much because he is unhappy with his contract. If anything, it will motivate him more because this is a contract year. Also, you gotta give Jones credit, most RB's fall off the face of the earth once they hit the wrong side of 30, but he has stayed in great shape and shows absolutely no signs of slowing down this year. Do not compare Chad Johnson to Thomas Jones, it's really apples and oranges.

Shaun Ellis is average AT BEST. Sacks aren't everything; how about consistently setting the edge, taking on the guards and restricting them and forcing the passer to step up. When we play the Jets, I don't even notice Ellis.
No, actually Shaun Ellis does everything you just said better than average. He DOES consistently set the edge, and take on guards, and does it quite well might I add. You should really pay more attention to him. He is a better than average 3-4 DE. Once again, find five 3-4 DE's that are better than him. Go and find them. Please.

You're a homer, your opinion is jaded.
Actually, YOU'RE opinion is the one that is more jaded than anything. You think the Jets are regressing, meanwhile they are making all the right moves & have a defense set up to be Top-5 in the league. Open your eyes, Aqua. I think you see the world through those teal & orange glasses more than anything.

Again, sacks aren't everything. It's about consistently forcing the quarterback out of his comfort zone.

If you don't think we can force the QB out of his comfort zone, I don't know what you're thinking, honestly. Look at what Rex has done with Baltimore, always forcing the QB out of the comfort zone. Our personnel will put pressure on the QB, just look at our players. We have an above average cast of players, and a defensive system that is only rivaled by that of **** Lebeau.

And again, you're not offering valid reason, you're just making points with no solid evidence. Why will Bryan Thomas excell in Rex Ryan's system? Why can Rhodes and Leonhard be nasty? Why will the pass rush be top 3? Is it explosiveness in the first step of the backers? Is it brute strength? You don't offer counterpoints to my intial points.

Bryan Thomas will be much better than he was last year, because Mangini used him for all the wrong reasons. He didn't use him properly as a 3-4 LB. Thomas will be forced to chase after the QB & he will make plays, because he has the talent, and the system is set up for him that way. He can get after the QB. Rhodes & Leonhard. First off, Kerry Rhodes has shown repeatedly, minus the last year [Mangini used him AWFULLY, 25-30 yds. behind the LOS, back where he couldn't even cover anyone, let alone go for picks, or make tackles/pressure the QB] that he can be one of the better safeties in the league. Look at some of his highlights from previous years. He can be a force at the line of scrimage, making tackles, or in coverage making picks, or pressuring the QB. He HAS had success from all of those angles in the past. Leonhard thrived in Ryan's system as well. He was a huge playmaker for Baltimore in last years playoffs. He can also be similar to Rhodes, putting pressure on the QB, making solid tackles, and he is a pretty good ball-hawk as well. The pass rush will be top-3 because our D-Line will be great at freeing up the LB's and secondary. Douglas, Jenkins, Ellis. They are proven 3-4 linemen and they will free up the other men and make tackles, stopping the run. Also, they can put pressure on the QB as well. They have proven this in the past, I really am not making this **** up. Every defense needs a solid base, and we have it with our line. Pace is one of the better pass rushers in the league, and he will truly SHINE this year because of what I just said, Thomas being much better as well, and the secondary will blitz too, causing all of the "organized chaos" that is known as Rex Ryan's defense. There.

You think I'm wrong, doesn't make me wrong. What makes them ideal? You don't have to explain Revis because I agree that he's a great player. But why did Lito Sheppard find his way into Andy Reid's dog house? Great players don't just get traded for fourth rounders (unless your Al Davis.)
Lito is still UNDER 30-YEARS OLD!!! He made the Pro Bowl with Philly, but injuries screwed him up. Now, he is fully healthy. He was traded for a 4th Round pick, because he really didn't want to play in Philly, and the demand for him wasn't high. He needed a change of scenery, new life, and that's what the Jets are giving him. There has been nothing but GREAT reports about him coming from Jets camp. Revis obviously is your ideal #1 corner, but you already know that and pointed that out. Lito is the ideal #2 because he has experience, and is once again, proven in the past. He has proven that he can play at an elite level, and tell me why he wouldn't play well this year. Really, tell me why.

Yep Dwight Lowery did play well against us. But where was he week 17? Getting burned by Ted Ginn for a touchdown.
It's unfortunate that a young talented rookie had to get thrust into that situation. After a few good games, he really cooled off and proved that he was NOT ready to be a starting corner in the NFL. Now, he will probably be the #3, and he will learn from two of the best, until eventually he is ready to start. You're right. It is unfortunate that he was getting burned by Ted Ginn in week 17. He wasn't ready.

Of course Revis will lead the league in INTs, you said so. If he does, that mean he isn't the best corner because the best corners don't get thrown at enough to lead the league in picks.
He won't lead the league, but he will be up there. Asomugha is clearly the best corner in the league, but you're right, no one even throws at him anymore. DeAngelo ******* Hall was on the other side of him, of course they aren't going to throw to Nnamdi's side. Revis will most likely still make AT LEAST 4 picks, because don't forget, Lito is on the other side of him, and Lito is great in coverage as well, so of course, the ball will be thrown to Revis. It's logic.

You'll win about 5 or 6 games, continue to lose all of those over priced free agents you signed a year ago and your cap purgatory will catch up to you. The Dolphins and Patriots are the class of this division and the Jets remain an after thought.

Whatever you say, man. I promise you the Jets will have a better record than Miami this upcoming year.

You know the funny thing here? You have to post ANOTHER team beating us in the playoffs because you guys couldn't beat us to get there. HAHAHAHA! Do you realize how dumb that looks?

amd_dolphins-jubi.jpg

340x.jpg

canon_wk_17_2008_04.jpg

NFL-Week-17.jpg

44267052.jpg

Do you realize how dumb it makes you look, bragging about winning the division, because you got the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL & won 11 games? :rolleyes: OH MY GOD!! THE DOLPHINS ARE THE BEST!! THE DIVISION RUNS THROUGH MIAMI. No it doesn't. It was simply a one year aberration where you had an easy schedule, and Tom Brady happened to be out the whole year. Welcome back to earth in 2009.

Last edited:
That just shows how LITTLE you know about football, if you think Mangidiot is a better coach than Ryan. Ryan would have to be god-awful to be worse.

Everyone that disagrees with you knows little about football. That's not the best way to handle debates and discussions.

Do you realize how dumb it makes you look, bragging about winning the division, because you got the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL & won 11 games? :rolleyes: OH MY GOD!! THE DOLPHINS ARE THE BEST!! THE DIVISION RUNS THROUGH MIAMI. No it doesn't. It was simply a one year aberration where you had an easy schedule, and Tom Brady happened to be out the whole year. Welcome back to earth in 2009.

You do realize the Jets schedule was easier than the Dolphins', right?

Wow, this is the biggest homer post ever! Why don't you just take it a step further and predict the Jets will have the best defense ever!

Wrong again. Shaun Ellis is an above average 3-4 DE. He has been consistent his whole career with New York, and has shown no signs of slowing down. See 2008, 8 sacks. Impressive for a 3-4 DE. Show me 5 better in the league. Then, on the other side, you have Marques Douglas, who was effective in Baltimore, knows Ryan's system, and is healthy and consistent. He has played in all 16 games the past 6 years. Get your ******* facts straight before you say we have below average ends. :rolleyes:
Why do you keep saying wrong? I think your the one in denial. You want 5 better 3-4 DE's? Richard Seymour is better than Ellis, Ty Warren is better than Ellis, Aaron Smith is better than Ellis, Luis Castillo is better than Ellis and Chris Canty when he was with the Cowboys is better than Ellis. Sacks aren't everything. These are DE's that can take on multiple blocks, set the edge and consistently get into the backfield. Ellis is not a 3-4 end, he's a better 4-3 end. I'll agree he was hard to block when he was in a 4-3 defense. Also, it's very comical that you mention Marques Douglas as being an effective DE. Just to let you know, he never played in Rex Ryan's system, it was Mike Nolan's. Nolan took him to 9ers in 2005. Sure, his stats look okay because he was their best player on their D-line but rarely made a difference. Somebody's has to make a tackle, right?

Wrong. Again. We were third in the league last year in sacks, and that was with Mangidiot & Sutton running the defense. Granted, the pass rush sucked, but that falls all on the coaches. Gholston probably won't even be a factor, so there's no reason to worry about him until he does anything. Pace is above average, and he will easily lead the team in sacks, rushing the QB from the OLB spot, kind of like Terrell Suggs, just not as talented as T-Sizzle. That doesn't mean Pace won't excel in Ryan's system, because he will. Bryan Thomas will be much improved in the system as well. On the inside, Harris & Scott will be beasts and absolute tackle machines. Look for our secondary to blitz as well. Rhodes and Leonhard can be nasty. Our pass rush will be top-3 this year...book it.

Dude, their LB's are good but nothing special. Pace will give you decent stats, but he will never be able to take over games. He's the type of LB that gets "garbage time" sacks to make him better than he really is. Bryan Thomas has been a disappointment ever since he's been in the league. I'll agree that your middle is strong but their rushers shouldn't scare anybody.

How are you so wrong about every ******* statement? Do you know anything about this team? Revis & Lito will be one of the top duos at CB this year in the NFL. Revis is your ideal franchise corner, and he is already elite, going into his THIRD SEASON. Lito is the ideal #2 across the field. Depth; the young Dwight Lowery, who played a hell of a game against you guys Week 1, Drew Coleman, Donald Strickland. Not great players, but it is some pretty good depth.
This is where it gets funny and were you really seem like a homer. First, Sheppard lost his #2 spot to Asante Samuel. Then Sheppard lost the #3 spot to Joselio Hanson (who really sucks). Revis and Lito will be the top duo in the NFL? :rofl: Keep telling your self that. Sheppard wasn't traded because he was good and demanded more money. He was traded because he play is regressing and is demanding more than he is worth. He was the ideal #2 about 3 years ago, but that ship has sailed.

Wow, man. I didn't think you could be wrong on every single point, but congratulations, YOU DID IT. Revis is an INT guy, and will lead the league. Lito will make some picks as well. The pass rush led by Pace, Thomas, even the secondary will force the QB into mistakes. Kerry Rhodes will be top-5 in safeties this year, with him being a do-everything guy. Blitzing, tackling around the LOS, playing Center Field and making picks...did you see him play two years ago? He is really talented. Once again, he will SHINE in Rex's system. Leonhard isn't to shabby either, he was beast in the playoffs.

You will be probably right about Rhodes and Revis but you are really reaching on everything else. Hey, maybe your right and the Jets defense is good. However, they won't be able to score points. I hope your not shocked when the Jets finish in last place this season.

And I thought there were a bunch of homers on this board. :)

Last edited:
Wow, this is the biggest homer post ever! Why don't you just take it a step further and predict the Jets will have the best defense ever!

Why do you keep saying wrong? I think your the one in denial. You want 5 better 3-4 DE's? Richard Seymour is better Ellis, Ty Warren is better than Ellis, Aaron Smith is better than Ellis, Luis Castillo is better than Ellis and Chris Canty when he was with the Cowboys is better than Ellis. Sacks aren't everything. These are DE's that can take on multiple blocks, set the edge and consistently get into the backfield. Ellis is not a 3-4 end, he's a better 4-3 end. I'll agree he was hard to block when he was in a 4-3 defense. Also, it's very comical that you mention Marques Douglas as being an effective DE. Just to let you know, he never played in Rex Ryan's system, it was Mike Nolan's. Nolan took him to 9ers in 2005. Sure, his stats look okay because he was their best player on their D-line but rarely made a difference. Somebody's has to make a tackle, right?

Dude, their LB's are good but nothing special. Pace will give you decent stats, but he will never be able to take over games. He's the type of LB that gets "garbage time" sacks to make him better than he really is. Bryan Thomas has been a disappointment ever since he's been in the league. I'll agree that your middle is strong but their rushers shouldn't scare anybody.

This is where it gets funny and were you really seem like a homer. First, Sheppard lost his #2 spot to Asante Samuel. Then Sheppard lost the #3 spot to Joselio Hanson (who really sucks). Revis and Lito will be the top duo in the NFL? :rofl: Keep telling your self that. Sheppard wasn't traded because he was good and demanded more money. He was traded because he play is regressing and is demanding more than he is worth. He was the ideal #2 about 3 years ago, but that ship has sailed.

You will be probably right about Rhodes and Revis but you are really reaching on everything else. Hey, maybe your right and the Jets defense is good. However, they won't be able to score points. I hope your not shocked when the Jets finish in last place this season.

And I thought there were a bunch of homers on this board. :)

Good posting, sir.

I just hope the hapless 3 some that we share the division with can give us enough of a work out so that we don't get soft against the really good teams we have to play.

If Brady is healthy and we don't win at least 12 games I will be very put out. I am expecting 13 or 14 in truth. This roster is on paper stronger then any we have ever had - including 2003 and 2004.

17-2 and another SB would be satisfactory....

I love that pic man! reminds me of the Three Stooges episode when Curly is trying to hide a keg of beer under his jacket.

What a maroon... his statements so far are so amatuerish as to be almost pitiful. It's almost as good as watching the SB DVD when the Pats are losing 13-0 late in the first half in NJ and a big fat fella is chortling "what a party". Then we tear the hide off the Jets and win - again.

I just hope the hapless 3 some that we share the division with can give us enough of a work out so that we don't get soft against the really good teams we have to play.

If Brady is healthy and we don't win at least 12 games I will be very put out. I am expecting 13 or 14 in truth. This roster is on paper stronger then any we have ever had - including 2003 and 2004.

How can you say that with your uncertainty at linebacker and in the secondary? Offensively, yeah, probably. Defensively, the 2009 Patriots don't even hold a candle to the '03, '04 Pats.

How can you say that with your uncertainty at linebacker and in the secondary? Offensively, yeah, probably. Defensively, the 2009 Patriots don't even hold a candle to the '03, '04 Pats.

Secondary? You do realize that in '04 we resorted to playing a wide receiver at CB, with a second-year 4th round CB (Samuel) starting alongside an undrafted rookie (Randall Gay), yeah? And Eugene Wilson was starting at safety as a second-year guy. Rodney Harrison really held it all together for us that year, but once Law went down secondary definitely became the glaring weakness. Compared to that group, I'm pretty confident in the secondary that the Pats are trotting out in 2009.

I'll readily concede that we're weaker at LB, and as a result weaker overall on D, but I think you're exaggerating the scale of it a bit.

We can't say we are stronger on paper than in 04 because we aren't, the uncertainty at linebacker makes that so. It's entirely possible that Mayo will be a beast at ILB again and Thomas if healthy will be able to get to the QB, but the other 2 starting spots are still huge question marks. The 04 LB corp with Johnson, Bruschi and Vrabel in their primes, and McGinest plus Phifer and Colvin was far superior to this group, on paper.

Now on paper the offense is much better, that's a given.

I'm lost as to why Dolphins and Jets fans are arguing over who is going to come second to the Patriots on a Patriots chat board?

You're all douche bags anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back