PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WhatIfSports predicts the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This computer generated system presented by Fox Sports has been incredible for the past few years predicting all 3 major sports champions last year and has amazing accuracy rate thus far in its history.

It shows the Patriots at 11-5 and division champs and that is about what we should expect with this team that has a lot of new players to piece together.

2009 AFC East Predictions From WhatIfSports.com

Can't wait until the final predictions on this website and I hope it comes up all Patriots! :singing:

Last edited:
I would be very happy with a 12-4 record, and a AFCE division bid. I would agree that I see the team anywhere from 10-6 at the very least, all the way up to 13-3 or so. The 11-5 prediction should be pretty close IMHO, as I see some parity and closeness in the division.

I know others may see a better record, however it's a very difficult schedule, so I am happy just with the opportunity to have a competitive team year in and year out--that's really all you can ever ask for. That is what Belichick and Kraft have provided for us, so I'll be happy with a chance for the postseason.

If I had to predict anything, I'd say 12-4--but any record that gets us in the playoffs is fine with me;)

Pretty cool article! My prediction 12 - 4

- Even if Tom Brady does half of what he did in 2007, they should be pretty unbeatable.

- I say 13 wins at the very least.

- Their running backs as a group are very strong to help take the pressure off of Brady.

- The secondary is improved and the depth is a lot better than last year.

- If Galloway is healthy and has anything left in the tank, he takes the group of WR's to another level.

- They don't have the star TE, but their depth is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not too bad of a simulation, I could agree with it except some of their wins could be by larger margins.

Week 1 I could see them going for 35 points, week 5 for 33 points, and week 15 for 30 points but overall I think it's not that bad of a simulation.

This computer generated system presented by Fox Sports has been incredible for the past few years predicting all 3 major sports champions last year and has amazing accuracy rate thus far in its history.

It shows the Patriots at 11-5 and division champs and that is about what we should expect with this team that has a lot of new players to piece together.

2009 AFC East Predictions From WhatIfSports.com

Can't wait until the final predictions on this website and I hope it comes up all Patriots! :singing:

they predict 11-5, but thats the lowest they see us getting, they show us with a 16-0 absolute record (whatever it means, its just good)

and for those who didn't read the article, they also say that we were favored in every game, hence making the undefeated season really achievable....

i like their predictions....interesting that they have NO as our closest competitor

but they also make one other good point....were gonna be facing some amazing wr's this yr

they predict 11-5, but thats the lowest they see us getting, they show us with a 16-0 absolute record (whatever it means, its just good)

and for those who didn't read the article, they also say that we were favored in every game, hence making the undefeated season really achievable....

i like their predictions....interesting that they have NO as our closest competitor

but they also make one other good point....were gonna be facing some amazing wr's this yr

I think they are just noting that the Pats are (were) 11-5 in real life, not predicting 11-5, and the 16-0 is the "prediction," based on >50% of simulations favoring the Pats in every matchup.

I'm thinking 13-3 and a #1 seed in the playoffs. Not sure where two more losses would come...

they have 3 of 4 teams going above 500 against the falcons, bucs, panthers and
saint... i wouldnt put to much into this article

Maybe I am a little slow this morning, but they have the Jets @ 9-7, but they show only 5 games where their winning % is below 50%, so where do the other two loses come from????

Maybe I am a little slow this morning, but they have the Jets @ 9-7, but they show only 5 games where their winning % is below 50%, so where do the other two loses come from????

The seven losses is their "predicted record", the five losses of winning % lower than 50% is their "absolute record".

The seven losses is their "predicted record", the five losses of winning % lower than 50% is their "absolute record".

No, the seven losses is last year's record. :)

In any case, though, under projections, they have:

Randy Moss (4) 83 receptions, 1,283 yards, 9 TDs
:mad:

No, the seven losses is last year's record. :)

In any case, though, under projections, they have:

:mad:

9-7 is their PREDICTED RECORD....11-5 is their ABSOLUTE RECORD. Look at the Miami predicted record, 9-7 like New York- they were 11-5 last year so it's not based on last year's record.

They explain both in the paragraph:

For details on how we generate the results and the definition of the Absolute Record click here

Click on the link and it shows what they mean...

Last edited:

They have us tied with Indy - Can you imagine a Brady/Manning matchup going into overtime with both teams not scoring during the OT?

THAT would be a great one to watch ... but then again I don't want a tie,a win would be MUCH better :cool:

they have 3 of 4 teams going above 500 against the falcons, bucs, panthers and
saint... i wouldnt put to much into this article

Why not?

Last time I looked the Falcons were a pretty good team with Ryan as a great looking young QB,The Saints were a DOMINANT offensive team who looks to be VASTLY improved on defense this year,The Panthers have one of the best front 7 in the NFL and the Bucs were in control of their divison last season albeit they had a collapse at the end.

For 3 of 4 teams to go .500 against this group is not impossible - Its not like we are talking about the Raiders,Lions,Chiefs and Rams.

Last edited:
I know this is all computer generated stuff,but when you predict the Celtics,Steelers,Red Wings as champs and you predict the Giants in 2007 and the Lakers in 2009 (looks like it will be) - Then you have my respect of being pretty damn good at predicting .... just my 2 cents.

If the Pats do go 11-5 it still could make them the #2 seed or #3 in a very competitive AFC this year.

I will go out on a limb and say they will predict San Diego with the most wins in the conference (which I would agree with if the Chargers stay healthy) but with less of an absolute score

Last edited:
Unless there are some problems they don't predict I see Brady's stats as better and our record as well accordingly.

They don't seem to be giving Tennessee much love. And they apparently are predicting Miami winning out down the stretch...and unless Vince is in by then or the Steelers are resting for the playoffs I don't see that. Also not sure how NO gives us fits while Miami seems to handle them...yet the JETS own Miami...

Unless there are some problems they don't predict I see Brady's stats as better and our record as well accordingly.

They don't seem to be giving Tennessee much love. And they apparently are predicting Miami winning out down the stretch...and unless Vince is in by then or the Steelers are resting for the playoffs I don't see that. Also not sure how NO gives us fits while Miami seems to handle them...yet the JETS own Miami...

If our defense is not so great then NO could give us fits,especially in the revamped secondary - The Saints could have the best offense in the league this season and the Pats right there as well - That game could have a 41-37 type score - I see the defenses taking the night off in that game.

I may be the eternal optimist, but I believe this team will have the swagger of the early part of the decade. A losing superbowl, followed by missing the playoffs. I cannot see us worse than 13-3, with 14-2 or 16-0 plausible.

I simply believe, season 2009 has something special in the making.

Last edited:
THAT would be a great one to watch ... but then again I don't want a tie,a win would be MUCH better :cool:

They have ties in the NFL? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back