PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What were you right and wrong about last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right about the intangibles but unfortunately we get minimal access to that sort of info as amateur evaluators. I largely missed on WR las year because I was looking at Reggie Wayne types (Wheaton, Woods) when BB clearly had the larger receiver in mind. I didn't see it with Dobson and am happy to admit to that and am very happy to be proved wrong.

I do however think that if this team had Marvin Jones last year, then we would have been so much better. I don't do the second guessing BB thing, but Jones gets me the closest to " you were wrong BB"

Oh he definitely has his misses, Price and Chad Jackson being great examples of them, however we never know why he made them so it is hard to figure out what went wrong. I think in terms of a guy like tate it is a little more obvious, as he was looking at big time talent that dropped because of injury, and he has always been willing to gamble on that (e.g Ras I Dowling)

Mike I also felt that Blount was dancing early on, but I felt that the coaches would get on him over that and if they did and he took coaching, he'd be a fine contributor

You were dead right, fortunately. Watching him against the Bills and the Colts was a highlight of the season.

Oh he definitely has his misses, Price and Chad Jackson being great examples of them, however we never know why he made them so it is hard to figure out what went wrong. I think in terms of a guy like tate it is a little more obvious, as he was looking at big time talent that dropped because of injury, and he has always been willing to gamble on that (e.g Ras I Dowling)

Every GM has misses. What I know is that he knows more about football than I do and I therefore default to 'he knows better' if our views diverge.

Just remembered that I was right that the Colts would win the AFC South over the Texans. I was called out about it on the prediction thread. I don't remember who that was, though.

I didn't see the Bengals winning their division. I would have expected them to go nowhere in the playoffs, though -- and they did.

Just remembered that I was right that the Colts would win the AFC South over the Texans. I was called out about it on the prediction thread. I don't remember who that was, though.

I didn't see the Bengals winning their division. I would have expected them to go nowhere in the playoffs, though -- and they did.

Reminds me, too. I had the Texans going to the AFCCG, at least.

Can't be much more WRONG than that!

• Aaron Hernandez would have 1200+ yards and 15+ touchdowns = REALLY WRONG!
• Danny Amendola would not live up to expectations = correct.
• Armond Armstead would be a major contributor = wrong.
• Julian Edelman would be the most productive WR on the team = correct.
• Stevan Ridley would build on his 2012 season = wrong.
• Chandler Jones would become one of the best 4-3 DE in the NFL = correct.
• Donta Hightower would emerge as pass rusher = wrong.

I was right about Collins...I was wrong about just everything else. Therefore I will beat all of you over the head with my Righteousness Of Collinspick as I ignore the 99.9 % error festival I hosted and MC'ed last spring.

so, for all you new denizens of Patriotdom logging on to speak YOUR piece, I have THIS to say...

:welcome:

I was right many times over in saying that if the Pats had to go to Denver for the AFC final, it would be their demise.

I was wrong to very wrong in all my score predictions... and for the first time, simply dropped out of the contest.

Right

--that we'd lose about 4 games, give or take a game

--that we'd make a "deep" playoff run

--that DEN would not lose prior to going to the SB, as everyone said they would

--that our WR position was horribly lacking skill, leaving us with a big weakness

--that Talib would once again let us down due to injury

Wrong

--that Amendola would replicate 2/3rds of Welker's production

--that Blount's fumbling issues would be worse than Ridley's, due to the fact that he fumbled more frequently throughout his career than Stevan

--that Logan Ryan didn't look too good to me during preseason, and the fact that I wasn't too hot on him overall

--that we'd brought in a DE for rotational reps with Ninkovich

League wise…

Right that Denver would crash in the playoffs but wrong in that I'd forecast them losing after one win
Right that my man Wilson & the Seahawks would win the SB
Felt that the Jets would be about .500 but they had me worried that they'd really crash and get a top pick for a while
Thought that the Red Injuns team would do much better
Knew that the Cows would implode
Never thought Atlanter would tank that badly although I thought that they'd do worse than last year, not better

I was wrong to think that Wes Welker was chased away.

I don't remember being right about anything.

I said that the Pats' offense would struggle early but would end up as a top three scoring unit.

I said that Brady would have a down year statistically but that it might still be one of his best performances of his career.

I said the Pats would go 12-4 and I thought they'd make it to the AFCCG.

On the flip side, I thought Amendola would have a better season. I thought Vereen would emerge as a star. I thought Gronk would have a great season.

Wrong:
1. Pats needed competition for Gostkowski instead of Mesko. Allen was great and Gostkowski had best year kicking I can recall, including any of Adam Vinatieri's seasons.
2. Amendola would replace Welker's production. It was Edelman.
3. Edelman could never stay healthy. Wow! Did he ever.
4. Ridley and Vereen would have great years. Fumbling issues for the former and 8 games missed due to broken wrist for the latter. They were both just part of a committee.
5. Jake Ballard and Zach Sudfeld will make the team. I really thought Ballard was a lock and Sudfeld was a replacement for Hernandez with speed and soft hands. Fumbling the ball and batting them in the air to become interceptions negated anything good Sudfeld was doing. Ballard's knee was obviously not better, but hard for a fan to see that when he stays in and blocks most downs.

Right....
I can't recall being right about anything.

It is hard to remember all my preseason predictions, but here are some I remember.

Right: They would more than adequately replace Welker.
Wrong: I thought it would be Amendola who replaced him. I also predicted he would be healthy all year and have a better than 1,000 yard season.

Right: The Ravens would be a .500 or less team and miss the playoffs.
Wrong: Denver would be one and done in the playoffs.

Right: Chandler Jones would have over 10 sacks.
Wrong: The secondary would be a strength of the defense (I was partially right since it was before all the injuries)

Right: The Pats would have a first round bye and go to the AFCCG
Wrong: They would be the #1 seed and go to the Super Bowl

Right: Gostkowski would have a very good season since kickers always have an occasional down year.

Right: Defense would be improved, Talib would have a great season
Wrong: Amendola would be an impact player. He had an awful year

Wrong

I was surprised that they brought in Ryan Allen. I thought it was just an attempt to play tough on Mesko's contract and that the Zoltan was the best punter that the Patriots had had since BB took over.

I thought that they should have been bringing in competition for Gostkowski. In fact, he had an absolutely outstanding year. I can hardly remember a kick he missed -- and he made all of them when the pressure was on.

Right

Shane Vereen wouldn't make us forget Danny Woodhead (or Kevin Faulk).

Always an interesting thread. I hope it remains non-confrontational.

Wrong
Deus is sometimes capable of resisting the temptation of letting everyone know how often he is right about everything.

Right
Deus wont participate in a thread if it means he has to confess to having ever been wrong. :D

Wrong
Deus is sometimes capable of resisting the temptation of letting everyone know how often he is right about everything.

Right
Deus wont participate in a thread if it means he has to confess to having ever been wrong. :D

And your predictions for next season are? :D

Right

--that we'd lose about 4 games, give or take a game

--that we'd make a "deep" playoff run

--that DEN would not lose prior to going to the SB, as everyone said they would

--that our WR position was horribly lacking skill, leaving us with a big weakness

--that Talib would once again let us down due to injury

Wrong

--that Amendola would replicate 2/3rds of Welker's production

--that Blount's fumbling issues would be worse than Ridley's, due to the fact that he fumbled more frequently throughout his career than Stevan

--that Logan Ryan didn't look too good to me during preseason, and the fact that I wasn't too hot on him overall

--that we'd brought in a DE for rotational reps with Ninkovich

Right: The Ravens would be a .500 or less team and miss the playoffs.
Wrong: Denver would be one and done in the playoffs.

Good catch, Rob. I had some feelings regarding the Ravens as well.

RIGHT: That they'd have an improved defense, despite all of their "record setting" free agent losses on that side of the ball. I also felt that the loss of Anquan Boldin would be their bigger downfall, than anything on the defense.

WRONG: That they'd get a wildcard spot and finish around the same record (9-7) as their SB winning season, although it was close there at the end.

oh wait...I also said Ryan Allen was outkicking Mesko in camp...from my eyewitness accounts...so, Collins and Allen...not bad for a little ol' country boy.,..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results