PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What were you right and wrong about last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right:

Chandler Jones
Jaime Collins
Going back to having a running game.

Wrong:

Aaron Hernandez
Stevan Ridley
Legarette Blount

In the middle

I knew Edelman would contribute, but not to that extent.

And Hightower. I thought he was gonna break out this year like Jones did. He struggled badly when Mayo went down, but by the end he was playing awesome.

Way Wrong - I predicted that the NFL is beginning an era of playoff continuity. "Last year 8 of the 12 playoff teams made the playoffs in 2011. This year it will be 9 of 12."

Wrong - Predicted Pats would go 11-5 and be one and done.

Right - Did not think that DA would replace Welker.
Did not think that Tebow would make 53-man roster.
Did not think that Mallett would be traded.

I was worried about the offense, mainly due to the sudden loss of the Prisoner and how the coaching staff would have to scramble to revamp that unit at the last minute. True they finished third in scoring, but they were inconsistent at times due to injury and inexperience factors IMHO.

I felt the defense would take a huge leap forward, and think this would be the case had that unit stayed healthy.

So I was technically wrong on both counts, as the offense was top 5 and the defense did not morph into a top 5 unit.

Quick aside: I think the Patriots need to stockpile pass rushers if the defense is to remain formidable in the event of another rash of injuries.

Again, you are watching different games than everyone else. Edelman fought for every yard he could get all season long.

Not exactly; I carefully watch each hit and, apparently see stuff you don't. Elelman has changed his style; he does not take the huge hit anymore. Compare this last season to the year before in the Baltimore game when he took one huge hit after another from those thugs. He knows when to hit the turf and when to keep going. Kevin Faulk was a master at this and Edelman seems to be picking it up.

lmfao----Yes fred, you and borg have been right about how much the Patriots suck and how bad a job Belichick does for over a decade.

Funniest post I have read in a long long time.

I never said that the Patriots suck, but I did say:
1) Haynesworth sucked and would not last half the season. That thread got killed by the in-moderator. I was off by a few days.
2) Tavon Wilson sucked and was a panic pick by the Patriots. I still think it is true.
3) Tebo sucked and would be cut before the season.
4) The playing surface that replaced the grass at Gillette sucked and was causing injuries. The Patriots replaced it.
5) The artificial surface on the practice field sucked and was causing injuries. The Patriots replaced it.
6) Vince Wilfork came into last season overweight and out of shape which might have contributed to his injury.

On the other hand I have praised a number of players on the team, but I guess if I say that one player or move by the team sucked then I am evil.

1) Haynesworth sucked and would not last half the season. That thread got killed by the in-moderator. I was off by a few days.
2) Tavon Wilson sucked and was a panic pick by the Patriots. I still think it is true.
4) The playing surface that replaced the grass at Gillette sucked and was causing injuries. The Patriots replaced it.
5) The artificial surface on the practice field sucked and was causing injuries. The Patriots replaced it.
6) Vince Wilfork came into last season overweight and out of shape which might have contributed to his injury.

On the other hand I have praised a number of players on the team, but I guess if I say that one player or move by the team sucked then I am evil.

So, to quickly summarize, you were right about everything.

Wrong:
My pre-season prediction was 11--5 (I nailed it on the number the two years before). I did have them losing two division games, but thought that one of Atlanta, Houston, Steelers or Ravens would beat them based on pre-season expectations and the fact that the Steelers are the Steelers. Happy to have been wrong about that.

I thought Ridley would have a defining season (the good kind)

Underestimated the impact of Blount

Didn't see Edelman's great season coming.

Worried that they'd miss Zoltan.

Right
I didn't think Amendola would make us forget about Wes Welker.

Didn't think Gronk would stay healthy when he returned.

Assumed that Tom Brady would make up for just about everything that could go wrong during the regular season.

Assumed they'd win the division but said often out here that things might catch up with them in January and they would need a couple of breaks and a little luck to make it back to the SB.

I'm not sure that many posters here being off by one game on an in-season W/L forecast is really that big of a wrong.

No Fred, like borg the only time you ever chime in is to take shots at the patriots when something goes wrong, you rarely, if ever, praise them or discuss any issue about them unless it is an opportunity to crap on them. The idea that you are "rarely wrong" is as absurd ass it gets because like the other haters you have been wrong about them for over a decade.

I was right when I said patsfans posters would be delusional and pick the pats to go 19-0 win the super bowl and predict the pats would get a first rounder for mallett. I was also correct when I said, just as the last three seasons, there'd be larry Fitzgerald threads. Tick tock tick tock...that's the clock on bradys career while his cheap owner fills out the "bottom third" of the roster and cheaps out with injured and over the hill free agents. ..if kraft was agressive and not so mindful of his mountians of cash then the fans would have another super bowl or two...
Krafty bob, zero titles in last 9 years with the best qb and coach in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back