What we learned after Sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were my sun, you were my earth
but you didnt know all the ways I loved you, no
So you took a chance, made other plans
But I betcha didnt think that they would come crashin down, no

aesop-

No problems with your position on the Fish as I do not see them as a pushover and they are the second best team in the division right now. The Dolphins have played some good teams tough, despite the outcome reflected in the losses. No way the Pats take a game with the Fish lightly, and you can bet game 1 from last year will be played continuously this week to fire the Pats up.

But quoting Justin Timberlake and that cheesy song? That goes beyond the boundaries of acceptable conduct in a football forum. You need not be banned, but you should probably be beaten for posting that drivel.

But quoting Justin Timberlake and that cheesy song? That goes beyond the boundaries of acceptable conduct in a football forum. You need not be banned, but you should probably be beaten for posting that drivel.

We should expect such. Ever heard the Miami Dolphins song the fans sing at the games?

People were saying the fish were done a few weeks ago. The fact is that they control their own destiny for the AFCE. That being said, we do as well, but if they beat us this Sunday the season turns around completely.

People were saying the fish were done a few weeks ago. The fact is that they control their own destiny for the AFCE. That being said, we do as well, but if they beat us this Sunday the season turns around completely.

With the Pats having two less losses, they don't control their own destiny unless the Pats lose at least two more games and the Dolphins win out. You only control your own destiny if you are guaranteed to win the division by winning out. That isn't the case for the Dolphins.

Besides, they still only have 3 wins in 7 games. They might not be done, but they face a tough battle to get into playoff contention again. There are five teams ahead of them in the Wild Card race. Even with two wins against the Jets, they are still in back of the Pats and Jets for the division.

Last edited:
With the Pats having two less losses, they don't control their own destiny unless the Pats lose at least two more games and the Dolphins win out. You only control your own destiny if you are guaranteed to win the division by winning out. That isn't the case for the Dolphins.

Besides, they still only have 3 wins in 7 games. They might not be done, but they face a tough battle to get into playoff contention again. There are five teams ahead of them in the Wild Card race. Even with two wins against the Jets, they are still in back of the Pats and Jets for the division.

If the Dolphins win out, they'd beat the Patriots twice and would win the division with a 12-4 record.

damn, im so glad i wont be rooting for the fish any more this season

If you want to start throwing out Ref excuses then we should have won the Saints game. 2 huge blown calls that would have resulted in a touchdown being taken away from the Saints and points on the board for Miami. Ticky tack pass interference calls. Whatever man, every team gets screwed by the Refs at some point in the season. If anything, the Patriots get the benefits of the calls with Baby Brady's rules.

The ref calls were good and bad for both sides, Miami simply lost the game. Their is no excuse for losing with a 24-3 lead. N.O. figured out your game plan , adapted and beat it, Miami failed to adapt. Something the Patriots do quite well.

If this was a church, Ian would be the guy in the stained-glass window.

This is such a great line, I have to steal this.

If the Dolphins win out, they'd beat the Patriots twice and would win the division with a 12-4 record.

I guess you are right.

I learned last night that the Saints are for real :)

They have what, like 42 guys who can catch passes for them?

- Miles austin is actually pretty good but wont be the star he has been the past three weeks continually.

- I hate the Eagles but man is D Jackson nice.

- Favre can still play but they need to ride A Pete a little more to save his arm.

- San Fran is going to be real good next year.

And you should be 2-5. We can play this what if game over and over again. The fact of the matter is the Pats did beat the Bills and are 5-2. The fact of the matter is the Dolphins are 3-4.

If the Pats have one impressive win, it is one more than the Dolphins have who have yet to beat a team over .500. The Falcons are 4-2 and could be 5-2 after tonight (and if they are, they will be the first team to beat the Saints) and the Pats beat them by 16 points.

The Pats had a worse defense last year and were able to stop the Wildcat when they weren't blindsided by it. Besides, the Dolphins have a problem in that their pass defense is weak and has gotten burnt several times by teams with the ability to score quickly (the Saints, Colts, Chargers). Even against the Jets yesterday, they made Mark Sanchez look like Brady in the fourth quarter eventhough he has been struggling for the last month.

I think the Pats match up pretty well against the Dolphins. The Dolphins cannot score a lot of points on offense and their defense cannot play four quarters. Even when they can dominate time of possession, they have let QBs carve up their defense in the second half of games. They haven't pressured many QBs on a consistent basis which we all know if you give Brady time, he will do a lot of damage. I think the Pats will win this weekend.

Well you would be wrong on the bolded part. The fins have beat an opponent that is over .500 and that team would be the Jets, oh and just to refresh it, they were over .500 both times we beat them. Pretty sure they were 3-1 first time and 4-3 the next.

As for our pass D being weak, yeah if you got a good TE, well there is our weakness. Ask Dallas Clark. As for records, Pats are 5-2, Fins are 3-4 and it doesn't matter how you got the wins, it only matters that you did get them.

Made an account just to post due to the we have not beaten a team over .500 thing, since a Jets fan of all people said it on a Jets forum also. I would rather talk here then there lmao. Anyways hope the game this weekend is injury free one.

The Jets run defense is allowing 108.1 YPG. The Pats? 109.4.

Guess you don't actually know what you are talking about.
Coming from someone who thinks Ronnie Brown is a better QB than Henne... :rolleyes:

No receivers to throw to? WTF are you talking about? I agree on Ginn. But Bess and Camarillo are very good receivers if they were used properly. As for Bess being, small, he's the same height as Welker.

You ever stop to think that the issue is the QB and not Bess or Camarillo?
WOW. You really know absolutely nothing about football. They are #4 receivers on any other team besides ours. You have VERY obviously not watched a single game this season that we've played. They are average at best. You can't have 4 small, slow receivers and expect them to be productive. Henne doesn't have a Welker or Moss to fall back on like Brady. You're talking out of your ass, buddy.

aesop-

No problems with your position on the Fish as I do not see them as a pushover and they are the second best team in the division right now. The Dolphins have played some good teams tough, despite the outcome reflected in the losses. No way the Pats take a game with the Fish lightly, and you can bet game 1 from last year will be played continuously this week to fire the Pats up.

Whiney drivel will be answered with whiney drivel.

Last edited:
You're talking out of your ass, buddy.

Scooby-Doo-tv-06.jpg

scooby-doo2.jpeg

I imagined him looking more like that when he was stating Ronnie Brown is a better QB at this point than Henne.

WOW. You really know absolutely nothing about football. They are #4 receivers on any other team besides ours. You have VERY obviously not watched a single game this season that we've played. They are average at best. You can't have 4 small, slow receivers and expect them to be productive. Henne doesn't have a Welker or Moss to fall back on like Brady. You're talking out of your ass, buddy.

You're the one talking out of your ass. You have no idea who you picked a fight with.

Aesop is said to have been deformed and extremely ugly. There is a grotesque marble figure of him in the Villa Albani, in Rome. Now, why did you pick that name? You must identify with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes